W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

615HP/720 TQ: What will new motor do?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E552004
who did your torque conterter
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
1. Quoting converter flash TQ is just a lame way to make the uninformed go WOOWWW and the informed think you're a clown.

2. Here is a whole article on how easy it is to play with dyno numbers if you want it to read higher then it should.

3. MPH at the track along with a few factors about the car will show the power you make, and you can't fake that.

http://root.wip.gmhightechperformanc...el_horsepower/
Old 08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
The peak torque is a legit reading for that rpm on that motor
No it is not. It shows how well your converter multiplies torque. Does not at all show how much torque your motor is producing at that RPM.

Last edited by BBBSS; 08-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Guys, the graph is a perfectly normal graph for an automatic car and torque converter flash is not decpetive or fake. If the car could be stabbed at 1600 rpm, then you would see a larger / longer torque curve, until it couples and levels out the Torque average. The more power you put to the converter, the more torque multiple raises. Again, normal graph just higher numbers than many have seen on these cars. I have posted tons of graphs from the same dyno and many others have done the same. The car will create that much real Torque at launch and then average out to 640 down the track or so. Again, all normal graphs and curves for an automatic.

719 TQ t is a peak torque number and is consistent ratio over the HP , as compared to less HP cars (about 100 over hp or do the %). The converter does not lock up at WOT, it is basically a fluid coupler but that is a whole other topic. I always post all my graphs, times and motor info over the last 4.5 years of this.
No you gamed the system and got a flash reading, one that a decent dyno/dyno operator would throw out because it's not what the car will do.

Another thing you claim that your peak number is what the motor should be making at that rpm and that's flat out wrong, Torque is a function of BMEP and will generally peak in the high 3K low 4K range with a gas motor NOT 2600rpm

if the car really made that torque it wouldn't have **** it's self and lost 100ft/lbs in 100rpm
Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Exotic-Metal - What a bunch of smoke and mirrors and trying to impress the uninformed or naive.

For the record you have grenaded at least two engines but have the bravado to criticize Mercedes and even Kleemann in the past. MB spends almost $2Billion per month on R&D and I have yet to see a stock 500hp 55K fail (even with high miles), so evidently they have done their homework.

In one breath you talk about twin turbos, next minute you talk about your lofty hp goals and a warehouse full of AMG engines and parts with no real details or depth.

At one time you had a decent reputation and your posts generated good discussion. However it is very apparent after the Red Tooth Racing pulley failures and avoidance or admittance of fault including the vague details of your "Race Ported Heads" and other so called performance parts that you and your friends pedal and conveniently not providing any emperical data to substaniate the parts or the price, members on this board (myself included) have realized very quickly the truth. Your credibility and reputation has taken a huge hit and fate sealed. The high regard and trust that you once had on this board and with members is certainly no longer there.

I am prepared to eat a huge slice of humble pie so feel free to prove me wrong at any time and with that said, I hope you get your car running reliably again.

Last edited by slownrusty; 08-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeep
hello....

Last edited by Walker532; 08-15-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
If we go on torque spikes then i've made 780 ft/lbs all motor, 740 ft/lbs the first time Jerry even tuned it and had a spike in the middle of the run and i've hit over 1000 on nitrous and had a graph the night before the pulley incident that wasn't a spike that (sprayed at 3000rpm) and torque hit 927 ft/lbs and was over 800 ft/lbs almost the entire run. Point is this is exactly why dyno numbers don't really matter and can be cheated so easily. Track numbers tell the story.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Don't use Total Seal rings with the Alusil bore. You will have issues.
Mahle supplied the custom total seal rings for the Alusil bore , as part of their piston E55 piston package. Have you used this set up in the past?

Why don`t everyone post up their dynos and we can set up posting rules to meet everyones dyno/ hp and TQ needs, since dyno`s seem to be such a touchy subject.

Most stopped sharing dyno information years ago (Like Bassn and others), as it all became to controversial. Dyno`s can supply great info, if we all work together to share the info.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Why don`t everyone post up their dynos and we can set up posting rules to meet everyones dyno/ hp and TQ needs, since dyno`s seem to be such a touchy subject.

Most stopped sharing dyno information years ago (Like Bassn and others), as it all became to controversial. Dyno`s can supply great info, if we all work together to share the info.
Holy hell are you kidding me? You game the Dyno KNOWING that it's going read a false high THEN claim that it's "supposed to be that way" while ignoring what BMEP is, how it works and why you could never have the number you claim, and then have the audacity to put that number in your sig. THEN you wonder why people say that Dyno sheets are touchy and no one will share. Why should we share when your lying and posting a gamed Dyno sheet
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Thats why i don't post dyno sheets although a few on here have seen some of them. Dyno operators can make a car have higher numbers very easily. That's why its honestly pointless to post dyno sheets or numbers.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Most stopped sharing dyno information years ago (Like Bassn and others), as it all became to controversial.
This....

At the last meet I went to in SF/Bay Area, I met a gentleman in a pewter E55. Had everything done to it - killer chiller, giant crank pulley, milled supercharger pulley, headers, built trans, lsd, and some other stuff....

He pulled out a 10.4 slip and a video of his run.

I invited him onto this forum, but at the time, he said there was too much political BS/mud slinging between the members.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by justinwrock
This....

At the last meet I went to in SF/Bay Area, I met a gentleman in a pewter E55. Had everything done to it - killer chiller, giant crank pulley, milled supercharger pulley, headers, built trans, lsd, and some other stuff....

He pulled out a 10.4 slip and a video of his run.

I invited him onto this forum, but at the time, he said there was too much political BS/mud slinging between the members.
I've heard of a E55 running 10.40's several years ago at MIR and believe Ahmad was there for one of the times also. Some people just dont want to deal with the drama all the time.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BBBSS
1. Quoting converter flash TQ is just a lame way to make the uninformed go WOOWWW and the informed think you're a clown.

2. Here is a whole article on how easy it is to play with dyno numbers if you want it to read higher then it should.

3. MPH at the track along with a few factors about the car will show the power you make, and you can't fake that.

http://root.wip.gmhightechperformanc...el_horsepower/
Here's the answer to # 3 on your list http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-21980.html
a far, far, cry from legit 615 rwhp his Trap speed is a whopping 123 mph, if it made ANYWHERE near the rediculous claims in this thread it should've trapped 130 mph++ all day long..
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I've heard of a E55 running 10.40's several years ago at MIR and believe Ahmad was there for one of the times also. Some people just dont want to deal with the drama all the time.
OFF topic but I just stumbled upon this NEW record by a CL55 10.61 w/100 shot etc pretty cool... Ran it 6/14/12 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-24296.html
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,062 Likes on 852 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Mahle supplied the custom total seal rings for the Alusil bore , as part of their piston E55 piston package. Have you used this set up in the past?
Yes, but, they were not supplied by Mahle. The rings scored the cylinders. Maybe they changed the metallurgy and they are now truly compatable? Either way, don't be surprised if you have an engine that goes through oil very quickly or blows smoke on acceleration. I've heard they can also cause piston flutter but I have no direct experience with that symptom. I know Total Seal lists them as compatable with the Alusil bore. Some have had good luck but others not so lucky. I would not use them again.

Why would Mahle supply an aftermarket ring when they make their own?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
dragtimes.com is only good for people who post their times - plenty of guys hit the strip without touching the internet
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by chawkins2001

That is one hell of a time in the hot Florida summer heat. Run that with good weather and cool temps, and it would hold the 55K record.
That right there is the exact reason i was so pi**ed when the car broke. The pass it threw the blower belt was the fastest until that point i had and was already over a tenth faster to the 330ft than the 10.51 pass and i had full intentions to cool the car down after that pass and try to make a full nitrous pass and *possibly* break that 9 second barrier. Hopefully i can break that next season.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Yes, but, they were not supplied by Mahle. The rings scored the cylinders. Maybe they changed the metallurgy and they are now truly compatable? Either way, don't be surprised if you have an engine that goes through oil very quickly or blows smoke on acceleration. I've heard they can also cause piston flutter but I have no direct experience with that symptom. I know Total Seal lists them as compatable with the Alusil bore. Some have had good luck but others not so lucky. I would not use them again.

Why would Mahle supply an aftermarket ring when they make their own?
I bought the piston and ring set from the application engineer at Mahle motorsports. A couple of other members bought the same set up. Not sure why they use total seal but they are custom made for these pistons. The rings needed for Alusil have a barrel face or edge to keep from scoring the Alusil. We did not use thier piston pins, as the wall thickness was deemed to light.

I made and re-posted my dyno that was posted a year and knew that the few members that do not get along with me would come to twist words, numbers and info around , as it has been a slow summer for some. Unfortunatly, it is as one member hinted, a big loss to the forum to have veteren members bashing each other and distorting the intent of the topic. yes, I also have responded to the bashing at times with the same immature words and langure, that is not my stlye or enjoyment. Some of the bashers are even using alter IP`s and screen names to fuel the fire.

I post my mods, track times, Texas mile times , engine builds, any new research and ways to improve are cars, as I gather inforamtion. Therefore, that makes me a BIG moving target for haters and lot of info for them to alter, twist and have fun with. All my dynos are done at LSXdynotuning by a member here named 98Aggie, who owns and runs the dyno. This info is also posted all over. Over 500 members here and on other much, much larger forums (all owned by interent brands) also dyno at this dyno. It is very well known and respected place to dyno to tune on, hang out and get tech help at. As the name implies, they do a lot of LSx cars and have a large enough dyno to handle LSX cars making well north of 1200 hp.

I posted my peak dyno / HP numbers and always post the sheet that goes with it. At times I get PM`s and ask for my dyno sheets and I am happy to send that over. That way , all can see the curves and where the numbers come from, since we all have different ways to use the info. Since I am on the dyno to tune, I always try and stab it at 2300 rpm each time, make sure my IATS are about 80 deg each time,,, so all my info stays consistent. Very few people do this and then spend a lot of money second guessing. This thread is about my personal car and info about the car`s build , potential new power goals, the parts to get it there but has gone off topic and crashed along with the info that could have been shared with it. With a few of the members around this forum, you can see why so many are not posting, sharing thier new mods and thier dynos anymore. I will still keep posting my info, but up the the members if they want the threrads to keep getting crashed and loose the info that comes from positive threads of give and take and create.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
All that bold print is hurting my eyes... real racers dont post ****. They run their cars not their mouths!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
The stock e55k blower will not flow enough volume to make the claims in the thread.All of my dynos have all the info on the bottom of the sheet,how hard is it to post a sheet with the conditions and correction factor used?

becasue maybe its a wild C/F to bloat your numbers?I have asked this before and never got a responce and 10 bucks says If I used you c/f I will make 600whp too.

this thread and its title is nothing but bragging and you even post the fake torque numbers in your sig.

trap 130+ and ill believe you are making 600whp and when you get your new engine up and running find a dynojet and post a dyno sheet were we can all compare too and let all the info be on there instead of bluring it out

I dynod the same day as a brand new gt500 and it made 596 whp and I made 499 and there is no way in hell I can make up 100whp with adding more boost and heads to catch up to that car on a properly dynod run.we could ice the car down and put the temp sensor in the engine bay and get a wild c/f and make a glory pull but wtf is the point of that?

On a proper setup dynojet(that read hi)a 55k will make max 560-5whp with every possible thing you can do to the car,maybe a few whp here and there but Iv seen 3 or 4 maxed out dynos across the world and they all seem to max out around 560whp on race gas.

now you make a thread about making 700rwt and breaking 610whp with a dyno sheet that looks like its made in paint shop where your torque peak is and no correction factors shown or temp and humidity shown.

you are the reason people dont post dynos anymore

Last edited by skratch77; 08-16-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
What are your plans to keep the IAT's down?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Taking 16 lbs off the rotating mass will go along way towards saving parts and making it rev easier! Also, whatever you can do to keep valve float (you said you have stout springs) and a stable valve train will help longevity too!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Thericker
I can't believe you're a SPONSOR here What's w/ALL the *****-envy-Masterwhacking talk

PS if you don't like people knocking on your Dyno's? Don't Gush on "Ohh I made 612rwhp 719rwt" when in reality you make much, much, less thru out majority of curve where we ALL agree your actual #'s lie (actually even lower as that DD is setup to loonsville)

LOL, damn I miss this place!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Emoving did u sell ur e55 and just have the audi now ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 615HP/720 TQ: What will new motor do?