W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

615HP/720 TQ: What will new motor do?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
615HP/720 TQ: What will new motor do?

I am almost done putting my motor together in my spare time and wondering how much more HP/TQ it you all think it will make? I have taken 16 lb off the rotating mass of the engine, Have SLR style Mahle pistons , stock Alusil bore and made other small effeciant mods to the engine. Like larger better flowing headers , etc. etc.

This is my old dyno from last October and was on 93 octane with a little race fuel. I built the fuel system for E85 over a year ago and ran E85 a lot but never completed the E85 or race fuel tune. I wanted a multi fuel tunes but the below graph is a street gas power. There are no other power adders on the car , no meth injection and always drive the car to the track or Texas mile as is. For day to day street driving , I like to know that I have the same power all the time and not run out of any other chemicals.

This is a get back to having fun motor but still building my Darton sleeved (close to 6.0 litre) Twincharged motor, as soon as the rotating assembly is ready. Then will just make an engine swap on some weekend.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
I think at this time, conjecture should be out of the window, and instead focus on longevity. With two blown motors in your past, what have you done this time around to ensure it stays together? 1000hp is not impressive if it only last a few months. I care less about peak numbers, just what you or others are doing to keep things together. Especially with this ^$#@! heat. Like the build so far though , cheers.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
There is a distinct lack of "Whipple" in your item list
Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by pearlpower
I think at this time, conjecture should be out of the window, and instead focus on longevity. With two blown motors in your past, what have you done this time around to ensure it stays together? 1000hp is not impressive if it only last a few months. I care less about peak numbers, just what you or others are doing to keep things together. Especially with this ^$#@! heat. Like the build so far though , cheers.
I like Conjecture, as it creates interesting thought processes and ideas!!

If you want longjevity, then we all know that leaving the car stock is the best insurance. Stock rings and pistons dont like to much of a HP increase and wear out fast, so if you have stock rings/pistons and mods, then longjevity is gone! Proven many times over by many test mules. " In this heat" our engines are safer than in the cold weather, as the ECU adds lots of fuel and pulls a ton of timing. Very rare to see our 55`s blow in the heat. Now those 25 degree , high barometer days, you better be dialed in and make no mistakes. All that stock stuff is kind of boring, so again lets stick with conjecture please.

There is a distinct lack of "Whipple" in your item list
I agree but is it ready?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-13-2012, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
I have to ask...what's the highest rpm that you think this should be able to reliably hold? Is 8k out of the question on these motors?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55

Nice cheat on that dyno run that's closer to 640ft/lbs max....
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by AMGPilot

Nice cheat on that dyno run that's closer to 640ft/lbs max....
How do you figure that, look at where the torque is highest. His results are right. Are you questioning the chart's integrity or Brooke's? I don't see why he would lie and he's put alot of research and work and money into his builds which you haven't so stop with the cynical criticism.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55,cayenne turbo, supra, sti
I bet you pull about zero HP if you use the RTR crank pulley
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
I have to ask...what's the highest rpm that you think this should be able to reliably hold? Is 8k out of the question on these motors?
Yes, 8000 rpm is to high for stock valve springs and cams won`t make power up there. My valve springs on my ported heads are 15% heavier, so they are holding to the 6800 rpm that I take the motor up to.

Front cover is on and heads going on next, then dropping it in!

3000 stall street/strip converter is in and waiting on the motor.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Looking good. How many more hours until completion? That torque converter has my attention.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Ditch the blower and go with twin GT3076Rs. 10.5's or it doesn't count!!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
That dyno graph at the beginning isn't legit power though so are you going off that or the true torque it made? It is a torque converter flash which shows a spike in power from the torque converter being unlocked. You can find this info on any big board online talking about converter flash and false numbers from people who actually know what is going on.

At the end of the day, the car still made ~640wtq which is a lot but it was a far cry from 720wtq like being claimed from that spike in the graph.

Last edited by urbamworm; 08-14-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by e500slr
How do you figure that, look at where the torque is highest. His results are right. Are you questioning the chart's integrity or Brooke's? I don't see why he would lie and he's put alot of research and work and money into his builds which you haven't so stop with the cynical criticism.
That's Torque Converter flash. See how it takes a dump the rises again? The lowest dip on that dump is the actual torque that the motor is making at 2500-2800rpm. After that the torque line does what it's supposed to do and peaks around 640ft/lbs.

I'm not being cynical I'm being a realist. it's. Its nice to claim a huge number but it's better to be realistic and correct
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Denroll
Looking good. How many more hours until completion? That torque converter has my attention.
Waiting on a few more parts but close to dropping in , as soon as I have some spare time. Still have to have some custom header work done on the drivers side header to fit my CL55 and charging the ABC system is a challenge.

Guys, the graph is a perfectly normal graph for an automatic car and torque converter flash is not decpetive or fake. If the car could be stabbed at 1600 rpm, then you would see a larger / longer torque curve, until it couples and levels out the Torque average. The more power you put to the converter, the more torque multiple raises. Again, normal graph just higher numbers than many have seen on these cars. I have posted tons of graphs from the same dyno and many others have done the same. The car will create that much real Torque at launch and then average out to 640 down the track or so. Again, all normal graphs and curves for an automatic.

719 TQ t is a peak torque number and is consistent ratio over the HP , as compared to less HP cars (about 100 over hp or do the %). The converter does not lock up at WOT, it is basically a fluid coupler but that is a whole other topic. I always post all my graphs, times and motor info over the last 4.5 years of this.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I was waiting to see the NONcrowd answer this obvious TQ spike fairy tail dyno thread... NOT only is the RWTQ off by a Texas-Mile (lightly modded E55's have run 180+mph @ this event) The RWHP is OFF too, this DynoDynamics is set to Lunar gravity mode..

This same DD ran a BONE STOCK sl600 on heavy 20" wheels it made OEM Crank-HP #'s @ rear wheels.. (I can dig up the DD sheets & posts if needed)

Heartbreaker DD??? Open challenge: Dyno @ OE Tunings DD, or another well known legit heartbreaker DD for your REAL #'s this thread is a joke...

EDIT: The Dyno sheets are gone but posts reveal the BONE STOCK SL600 mentioned above on same DD w/20" wheels made 485 rwhp 670 rwtq, STOCK CRANK HP is 493 & 590 TQ any legit DynoJet shows 420-450 rwhp & 540-560 rwtq on STOCK SL600 on 18"s do the math these #'s are out there..

Last edited by Thericker; 08-14-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
LMAO, you guys hate some of the dynos so bad out there , that you have to name them heartbreak dynos to gain some of your ***** envy back. LMAO!! I bet there are a thousand lurkers out there laughing at all this dyno, hp and TQ whining. Jeez, it is just a dyno and info, use it how you please. E55 making 570 rwhp on a DD dyno ran 178 in the Texas mile, so what.

Here is a shot of the Mahle SLR style pistons (next to stoc) and total seal rings packs.

Side veiw

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 08-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Wheels make no difference on a load bearing dyno but can on a inertia dynos.
TQ numbers can be affected by more factors than HP. One, depends on what RPM you stab the car.. This can show 100 more TQ alone.. It is damn tricky to stab these cars under 2500 rpm needed to hit peak TQ numbers. It can be done but takes know-how..
Here's a nice lil' Gem of your Dyno knowledge It's a SPIKE ONLY seen for a 50-100 rpm's... Care to tell us again how you make a legit 720 rwtq lol...

Originally Posted by blazeone
I asked the operator about this and he stated he had the Dyno set up to emulate a DynoJet "regarding #'s".
Another Gem regarding this Heartbreaker DD A Load bearing-Dyno set to read like a Inertia-Dyno & then some...

Last edited by Thericker; 08-14-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Thanks for showing more of my past information on how the converter multiply torque on the dyno, that should help you and others understand. Converter builds torque down low, so stab them lower , just like when you launc at the track. This is a normal mustand dyno that is laod bearing and a stock SL55 makes 427 rwhp and that is inline with other dynos. I made 468 rwhp on this dyno 4 years ago with a 180mm pulley, tune and 80mm TB. All inline. Since then and over 4 years, have slowly built up tot he dyno from last year. Step by step, dollar by dollar.

Here in Houston we have about 50 dynos and If I wanted big numbers, would go to one of the many dyno jets and would make around 10% more HP. Then it would really be a fun thread.. Just like to tune on Mustang, as they are load bearing.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks for showing more of my past information on how the converter multiply torque on the dyno, that should help you and others understand. Converter builds torque down low, so stab them lower , just like when you launc at the track. This is a normal mustand dyno that is laod bearing and a stock SL55 makes 427 rwhp and that is inline with other dynos. I made 468 rwhp on this dyno 4 years ago with a 180mm pulley, tune and 80mm TB. All inline. Since then and over 4 years, have slowly built up tot he dyno from last year. Step by step, dollar by dollar.

Here in Houston we have about 50 dynos and If I wanted big numbers, would go to one of the many dyno jets and would make around 10% more HP. Then it would really be a fun thread.. Just like to tune on Mustang, as they are load bearing.
Lol you can spin it any way you choose... Your old post proves how you intentionally make a MOMENTARTY TQ Spike PERIOD.. Yet you insist it's a legit 720 rwt Listing it in your Siggy further proves what a artist you are..
Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
you guys should take the nonsense to the track
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
It is a dyno graph and anyone is free to use whatever part of they want. If you want average HP, then don`t look at peak 612 , because average hp wins races not peak. The peak torque is a legit reading for that rpm on that motor and it is important to me to know how my engine, converter and HP perform at low RPM`s as well as high. I am changing converters and the low flash/stall / hit is important to compare to before. Dyno is a tuning tool and the 2200 to 3000 rpm torque and hp number is important to me and many others. Your above comments about Texas mile are also false and part of your Master bait style, since you don`t want to ask questions and feel ignorant. So you use the master-bating style of throw out bat/trash and create doubt to learn knowledge. These dynos are about a year old and posted many times, so use it how you like. Since you have a non AMG car, I doubt this info even has anything to do with your ride, but use it how you like.

Your long term antics, dyno bashing and thread jumping are well documented. When I look up the definition or screen name on urban dictionary under def #2,, you can see who the real sneaky artist is.. Very, very tricky brother and flat out nasty.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Nice Mahle pistons.

Are the bores of the M113 lined with MMC or Nikasil?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Do you hold the brake and load the converter on the dyno?that's a torque spike all day.

What are the correction factors for this pull also?

If you can find a Dynojet and start the dyno at 3000 and post it with all the info at the bottom of the sheet so we can see all the variables.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Don't use Total Seal rings with the Alusil bore. You will have issues.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
and part of your Master bait style, since you don`t want to ask questions and feel ignorant. So you use the master-bating style
you have to name them heartbreak dynos to gain some of your ***** envy back.
I can't believe you're a SPONSOR here What's w/ALL the *****-envy-Masterwhacking talk

PS if you don't like people knocking on your Dyno's? Don't Gush on "Ohh I made 612rwhp 719rwt" when in reality you make much, much, less thru out majority of curve where we ALL agree your actual #'s lie (actually even lower as that DD is setup to loonsville)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 615HP/720 TQ: What will new motor do?