Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Bramage
P40SC - $7020 / set.... (19")

(I believe that is Mark's car, and I know he can afford HREs.......)

I agree in part that from an initial quality standpoint "you get what you pay for" typically stands true.

My HRE's lasted just about a month before two barrels had to be replaced, and another month before I took them off and sold them. That is NOT a testament to HRE quality, more to the road conditions a daily driver is subjected to.

Garage queen, Show car, or an abundance of money you don't know what to do with? -> HRE is a great choice.

I have found monoblock wheels to be much more forgiving when it comes to bents / cracks.

I'm sure the $8K rotors are "the best", but complete overkill and beyond the price point for this market. I think HRE falls into that same category.

I will however get a set as soon as my new Lambo gets delivered. - For the beater, I will be a little more thrifty, and have confidence that my choice will be satisfactory. -

The HRE's shown are certainly nice, but in my opinion: dated. HOWEVER: I suspect we will see some much more aggressive concave designs coming out of Carlsbad soon... Just lagging behind some of the more creative design engineers. IMHO

All this car talk is stupid anyway, that dog is fricking CUTE!!!!

Bump
Old 08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
What do you guys think of these Nuteks? I think they look pretty sweet and I just got a quote of 4800 on them. http://www.nutekwheels.com/p-78-series-710-concave.aspx
They have mesh as well. From what I understand these are made by the founder of HRE who has since moved on.