W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

front airmatic replacements?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2012 | 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Not at all but you seem determined to try to prove me wrong, so with that, I and 3 other people have seen that, when my RF went out, my LF went the next day, not to mention that 2 MB techs told me the same thing and they have no monetary interest in my car or anyone elses... is that enough proof or do you still intend on being a know it all.

Why would you wanna take a chance that while driving away from home with your family and get stranded on the road somewhere?? They are affordable now not like before that they are 1500$ a piece from the dealership
Old 08-31-2012 | 10:43 AM

2005 E55 AMG
I have no interest in proving you wrong. I have just asked/mentioned/questioned a few things you have said. By no means do I "know it all" as you have stated. MB's are new to me so I am still learning. But I feel I am pretty dang knowlegeable in basic "car things".

You said the fronts are struts and rears are airbags. I simply stated the fronts are basically shocks with airbags, same as the rear. Why are you taking so much offense to that?

And I do agree, struts and any suspension part should be replaced in pairs as a general rule.

Thanks for your input though as I will take it into consideration when I replace my LF this weekend. Just for grins, I will keep track of how long the RF lasts.
Old 08-31-2012 | 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
my front left went dealer replaced 1200 bucks. they told me the other was fine, hope it stays that way !
Old 08-31-2012 | 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I really do hope the other strut lasts longer for both of you
Old 08-31-2012 | 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Originally Posted by Hulk
I really do hope the other strut lasts longer for both of you
me and you both ! one good thing is now my new strut is under warranty for 2 yrs from MB. my service rep is real cool, he told me if the other one goes out i can use the warranty from the other and just pay 300 for labor
Old 09-04-2012 | 05:05 PM

Update... the warranty company decided to wait until Benz Germany provides a delivery date before making up their minds about what to do even though the dealership told them there is no planned build date.

They did take the time to clarify that they would only cover my rental car for 14 days.

Gee how nice. rofl.