W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you all like to correct your front camber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AgSilver
Just do it the right way. You will never regret it.

http://www.k-mac.com/index.html

And also add a set of toe links.
Before you go after K-mac, let me warn you a little.

My ex-crew cheif rasies BMW's. I know the bad guy.

Anyway, he is an engineer and ordered all 3 K-macs. Aka, street, street/track, and race only.

His words, not mine as I have NEVER used them.

Street, JUNK
Street/track, VERY difficult to adjust but worthwile
Track, Just that TRACK only as they are spherical bearings.

IMHO, there SHOULD be a better/easier approach.

Good luck OP
Old 10-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon

I have to speak up here.
I have K-Mac bushings installed on my wagon and after 5, yes FIVE, trip to alignment shop and 3, yes THREE, bushings replacement, I still can't get them to hold. They fail under hard acceleration, first the rear Toe bushings (replaced by MB-Arts toe links), now the rear Camber bushings.
The symptoms are simple: under hard acceleration the car suddenly feel unstable, weaving left to right and after the bushing have failed you are left with a steering wheel that is not strait and even more unstable car under acceleration. This is not safe, period. My installer, ACG in San Diego, has been very patient and have worked with K-Mac to get replacement parts and my car back to the alignment shop at no cost, they even took care of the MB-Arts link when the Toe bushings failed.
But at this point, I am done, I'm going back to stock bushing and I will try to control the suspension geometry with Crash bolts and MB-Arts camber links, and a little less drop. But at least the car will go strait.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 estate
What is the optimum set up front and rear with regards to geometry ? Caster , camber and toe in ?
Marc
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG

$500 for some bushings? I regret just clicking on their website. That's crazy.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Originally Posted by timeToy
I have to speak up here.
I have K-Mac bushings installed on my wagon and after 5, yes FIVE, trip to alignment shop and 3, yes THREE, bushings replacement, I still can't get them to hold. They fail under hard acceleration, first the rear Toe bushings (replaced by MB-Arts toe links), now the rear Camber bushings.
The symptoms are simple: under hard acceleration the car suddenly feel unstable, weaving left to right and after the bushing have failed you are left with a steering wheel that is not strait and even more unstable car under acceleration. This is not safe, period. My installer, ACG in San Diego, has been very patient and have worked with K-Mac to get replacement parts and my car back to the alignment shop at no cost, they even took care of the MB-Arts link when the Toe bushings failed.
But at this point, I am done, I'm going back to stock bushing and I will try to control the suspension geometry with Crash bolts and MB-Arts camber links, and a little less drop. But at least the car will go strait.
I ran the MBarts control arms and toe links on my 55, and was very happy with them. It took more than one trip to the alignment shop to get all my settings dialed in to my liking. Once they were all dialed in, getting out of the hole was wicked. No crazy swaying side to side and less wheel hop.

Getting more than a month out of a set of PS2s was also very nice!

Oh, connecting slides was much easier as well.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by justinwrock
I ran the MBarts control arms and toe links on my 55, and was very happy with them. It took more than one trip to the alignment shop to get all my settings dialed in to my liking. Once they were all dialed in, getting out of the hole was wicked. No crazy swaying side to side and less wheel hop.

Getting more than a month out of a set of PS2s was also very nice!

Oh, connecting slides was much easier as well.
I PM'd you.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
I have to speak up here.
So far (about 4500 miles) no problem with the K-MACS (only on the front suspension). The installation was straight forward and setting the geometry was easy and precise. I'm using Evo toe links which were installed about 6000 ago. The combination provided a significant improvement in the handling characteristics. Albeit, there was a slight increase in sound transmission. Hard acceleration, with ESP off (car is fitted with an LSD) is quite stable. The K-MACS definitely tightened the front suspension and allowed me to set the geometry to what I feel is best for me. I certainly will watch the K-MACS for any premature wear based on your comments. The Evo links remain tight and show no looseness.

I suppose only time will tell.

Last edited by AgSilver; 10-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
So far (about 4500 miles) no problem with the K-MACS (only on the front suspension). The installation was straight forward and setting the geometry was easy and precise. I'm using Evo toe links which were installed about 6000 ago. The combination provided a significant improvement in the handling characteristics. Albeit, there was a slight increase in sound transmission. Hard acceleration, with ESP off (car is fitted with an LSD) is quite stable. The K-MACS definitely tightened the front suspension and allowed me to set the geometry to what I feel is best for me. I certainly will watch the K-MACS for any premature wear based on your comments. The Evo links remain tight and show no looseness.

I suppose only time will tell.
As I say, I only had issues in the back, there is much less force applied to them in the front than in the back, so that make sense.

Do you care to share you alignment sheet if you have it ?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As I say, I only had issues in the back, there is much less force applied to them in the front than in the back, so that make sense.

Do you care to share you alignment sheet if you have it ?
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post4995681
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
So, if camber arms are installed and used to bring rear camber into spec, will it affect rear toe at all? Does adjusting one affect the other?

Also, do the arms push the top of the tire out to correct camber or pull the bottom in?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HeissRod
So, if camber arms are installed and used to bring rear camber into spec, will it affect rear toe at all? Does adjusting one affect the other?

Also, do the arms push the top of the tire out to correct camber or pull the bottom in?
You will need adjustable toe links regardless to set and control toe in and toe out. Really big improvement especially with an LSD and ESP off.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Still waiting...need to fix my camber asap since my tires are brand new.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
You will need adjustable toe links regardless to set and control toe in and toe out. Really big improvement especially with an LSD and ESP off.
I understand that. I'll hopefully be selling the car within the next 6-9 months, so I don't want to put much money into mods. I want to correct that crappy negative camber look before it eats another set of tires, though.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HeissRod
I understand that. I'll hopefully be selling the car within the next 6-9 months, so I don't want to put much money into mods. I want to correct that crappy negative camber look before it eats another set of tires, though.

What are your actual camber numbers?