Guy takes mom for ride at Laguna Seca in Z06 video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Guy takes mom for ride at Laguna Seca in Z06 video

I keep having bad thoughts with wanting something faster. I have been frustrated with the top mount intercoolers that flopped and both the "soon to come" supercharger options that just don't seem to be coming. I have been looking at other cars that actually have options to make whatever power or go as fast as your little heart desires. I have been checking out C6 Z06s and came across this video the other day, but figured I would share it here because I thought it was pretty funny.

It has quite a bit of views so it may be on here somewhere but I did a quick search in this section and didn't see it. It is pretty funny how she freaks out the whole time (and really doesn't like that downhill right hand turn), then at the end changes her tune (around 11:20). I cracked up when she started talking as they came off the track.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I keep having bad thoughts with wanting something faster. I have been frustrated with the top mount intercoolers that flopped and both the "soon to come" supercharger options that just don't seem to be coming. I have been looking at other cars that actually have options to make whatever power or go as fast as your little heart desires. I have been checking out C6 Z06s and came across this video the other day, but figured I would share it here because I thought it was pretty funny.

It has quite a bit of views so it may be on here somewhere but I did a quick search in this section and didn't see it. It is pretty funny how she freaks out the whole time (and really doesn't like that downhill right hand turn), then at the end changes her tune (around 11:20). I cracked up when she started talking as they came off the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cTR9Ak6X9U
Words of caution I owned a heavily modded C6 420 rwhp w/3.90 gears it was very quick & drove buddy's C6 Z06 before purchase, also had (3) buds w/C6 Z06's ALL but 1 has kept his (barely drives it & drives like a neutered libarian) point is w/OUT ditching run flats & running BRAND NEW sticky *** PERFORMANCE tires @ ALL times (and even then) THEY'RE DEATH TRAPS waiting to put you in a wall or worse other traffic.

There light curb weight/power delivery/susp setup/ lead to this... I almost lost it numerous times & I can drive, if you can't counter steer/properly drift & or have taken defensive driving courses prepare for unbridaled kaos (I punched it 1 cold night late frwy clear on 4 lane, had widebody w/19x12 whls on proper sticky 345's from 70mph stomp rear end went left/right wagging outtve cntrl if anyone else were in other lanes I'd of been in BIG trouble) Here's a sample of what I'm talking about..

Ordinary people who can't drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7F...e_gdata_player
People that can, you'll see punching it in straight line they just go BONKERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNjr...e_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVv5...e_gdata_player
& this vid was posted here before, the Vette did nothing wrong nearly a straight line... Loss of control/traction as full power is delivered.. I've never had ANYTHING like this happen in my SL600 TT w/Double TQ/HP

Last edited by Thericker; 09-24-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 estate
My bro won a trip out with Colin McCray in his WRC car through the forest stage of the welsh rally . Colin was chucking it about one handed , side way along a dirt track with a huge drop one side at over 100 mph . My bro chucked all in his helmet , and claims its the most frightening thing he had ever experienced .
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I took my mom out in my drag radial mustang when i was about 19-20 and did a highway pull from 60-160 and spun most of the way thru that pull and i swear she left an impression where she was holding on so tight. Freaked her out so bad she was crying and told my dad he needed to do something about that car it was just unsafe lol. He said thats what the cage is for. Funny thing is the E55 is the first car my dad would actually ride with me in.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by Thericker
Words of caution I owned a heavily modded C6 420 rwhp w/3.90 gears it was very quick & drove buddy's C6 Z06 before purchase, also had (3) buds w/C6 Z06's ALL but 1 has kept his (barely drives it & drives like a neutered libarian) point is w/OUT ditching run flats & running BRAND NEW sticky *** PERFORMANCE tires @ ALL times (and even then) THEY'RE DEATH TRAPS waiting to put you in a wall or worse other traffic.

There light curb weight/power delivery/susp setup/ lead to this... I almost lost it numerous times & I can drive, if you can't counter steer/properly drift & or have taken defensive driving courses prepare for unbridaled kaos (I punched it 1 cold night late frwy clear on 4 lane, had widebody w/19x12 whls on proper sticky 345's from 70mph stomp rear end went left/right wagging outtve cntrl if anyone else were in other lanes I'd of been in BIG trouble) Here's a sample of what I'm talking about..

Ordinary people who can't drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7F...e_gdata_player
& this vid was posted here before, the Vette did nothing wrong nearly a straight line... Loss of control/traction as full power is delivered.. I've never had ANYTHING like this happen in my SL600 TT w/Double TQ/HP
Assume crazyness you are talking about is driving around with traction control off? I knew a guy with a stock C6 Z06 and have been in it but not a modded one. A friend of mine works at Dallas Performance and they are all about corvettes, haven't ever heard bad news about them really just how awesome they are. A Viper on the other hand since it doesn't have traction control I have heard are "death traps." A friend owns a stock SRT 10 which I have ridden in once too but it wasn't anything crazy on my ride but suppose they could get wild with more power and not having the TC.

I love the E55, nice styling, 4 doors with room for several people and nice interior. It has just been frustrating with the performance swing (how much power I lose) when it is hot out which it is almost always hot and humid in Florida. I just get on little kicks and start researching stuff when I get frustrated on the limits of what I currently have. I was looking in to Jeep SRT8s and doing a single turbo kit too, then got on the Corvette kick. Guess I am just aggravated with all the stringing along these companies have been doing to us for the past year almost with next level power adders so start looking elsewhere where an aftermarket is fully established and the sky is the limit. I am sure the superchargers (Weistec or Speeddriven) will be out before I make it back home to the states in a few months and with that available and being able to see tangable results from others before then I will be excited about modding the 55 further. Just for now I am down in the dumps with my car that can trap 120 one day and 112 on another.

I just want a consistent 120+ car 365 days a year! And 130 trapper 365 days a year would be the cat's ***.

Last edited by urbamworm; 09-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500

Holy crap. But talk their bruised ego's.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Assume crazyness you are talking about is driving around with traction control off? I knew a guy with a stock C6 Z06 and have been in it but not a modded one. A friend of mine works at Dallas Performance and they are all about corvettes, haven't ever heard bad news about them really just how awesome they are. A Viper on the other hand since it doesn't have traction control I have heard are "death traps." A friend owns a stock SRT 10 which I have ridden in once too but it wasn't anything crazy on my ride but suppose they could get wild with more power and not having the TC.

I love the E55, nice styling, 4 doors with room for several people and nice interior. It has just been frustrating with the performance swing (how much power I lose) when it is hot out which it is almost always hot and humid in Florida. I just get on little kicks and start researching stuff when I get frustrated on the limits of what I currently have. I was looking in to Jeep SRT8s and doing a single turbo kit too, then got on the Corvette kick. Guess I am just aggravated with all the stringing along these companies have been doing to us for the past year almost with next level power adders so start looking elsewhere where an aftermarket is fully established and the sky is the limit. I am sure the superchargers (Weistec or Speeddriven) will be out before I make it back home to the states in a few months and with that available and being able to see tangable results from others before then I will be excited about modding the 55 further. Just for now I am down in the dumps with my car that can trap 120 one day and 112 on another.

I just want a consistent 120+ car 365 days a year! And 130 trapper 365 days a year would be the cat's ***.
Actually this happens w/TC on & OFF primary culprit is stupid Run-Flats that come stock, but & big but unless tires are highest sticky perf brand spanking new in relatively warm ambient outside temps this carnage in vidz/stories can/will happen IE notice new ZR1 in vid did it too.. Primary reason I sold mine, & couple friends sold C6 Z06's latter told me "Ohh we sold that death trap etc" no

PS if proper tires are used it can be managed by a few chosen die hard EXTREMELY gifted Vette Drivers -lovers but don't just take my word for it... Search Youtube & notice how many Corvettes absolutely lose control GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE FULL/TO NEAR FULL THROTTLE WORST part it happens @ 65-75+ MPH not just from dig..
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
Holy crap. But talk their bruised ego's.
>>>>>Including this guy<<<<<< I was racing a friend in his E55 vs my C6 Vette from 55 mph roll-on we both hit it @ same time I barely recoverd from fishtailing wildly & swerving into his lane @ 75'sh mph, he thought I was swerving to avoid a raccoon or dog.. Nope POSSESSED Vette..
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
The ESP in our cars works wonders. Also have it in the wife's Dodge Magnum, and really never paid attention to it until some heavy rains last week. I was alone in the car making somewhat of a fast turn, when the front wheels hydroplaned for a second, I was headed off road but the ESP kicked in fast, felt the brakes pulsing and it was amazing how the car turned itself back to where I wanted it to go. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing it again on purpose haha...

As far as the power limit in our cars, I've been into this "hotrodding" stuff for about 17 years, and I can say, it's never enough power. But the reality is, what is the limit of a RWD car that weighs 4300 pounds? Traction will always be an issue, and so will the weight. You have to enjoy the E55 for what it is, a stealth sleeper that hauls when you want it, or cruises in comfort when you want it, and doesn't get noticed by the police! In my opinion, also one of the safest cars on the road, with all the airbags and ESP.In my opinion, once you hit around 600 HP in a 2wd street car, you're at the limits of traction. AWD would be the next step.

Case in point, go to 1:50 to bypass the intro:

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 09-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Is this people losing traction on the upshift? What did people do without traction control before traction control was even around?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HeissRod
Is this people losing traction on the upshift? What did people do without traction control before traction control was even around?
Not certain what gear the videos were done in but in my case both testing friends C6 Z06 stock & my C6 A4 w/3.90's it went loony upon ANY near or full thrtl gear change IE down shifts & up shifts when it hits the meat of powerband. (I think Corvettes Line-Pressure in Tranns is set too aggressively.. Just my. 02)

Watch vidz you can see Z06/ZR1 obviously climbing thru gears & loosing traction @ higher speeds wildly @ ea gear change. It's Russian Roulette sometimes you can wring D **** out of 'em w/little wiggle then hit it when slightly cold out or non sticky tires and pray you can save it... This happened w/TC ON & OFF in my exp etc..