Got to meet the Houston AMG crew

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Got to meet the Houston AMG crew

I usually refrain from posting anything other than Mercedes related topics on this section. However in writing this I wanted to show my appreciation and thank every member of the Houston crew that showed me a good time this past Saturday night.

So this past weekend i spent some time in Houston....
Since summer was coming to a close, this chick i knew from college had wanted me to come visit her and spend some time hanging out at the water park in Galveston. She has this huge house in the suburbs where she lives with her mom, grandmom, and her five year old daughter. The mom is a diagnosed schyzo who no one can stand, not even the little girl. She refers to her as the Abuela Loca. This was not a good sign.

Saturday AM I got a text from Shardul who asked if i wanted to come down and visit the MPower Shop that his good friend, Ted owns. It was a pretty cool shop. And there was a ton of interesting cars both from Mercedes and BMW.
Got to ride rear passenger in a AMG S65 which was awesome. Got to see Justinwrock's newest aquistion. Also saw Ted's awesome GT-R. Ted also has a first generation M3 with a E46 engine, i dont how it handles compared to the 16v four banger but it was in mint condition.

So anyways long story short, I had borrowed this chick's car and the new fridge that they bought that weekend didnt work. I get this call to come bring the back in the middle of my lunch with Shardul. So anyways i bring the car back home only to find mother and daughter were too tired to deal with the appliance store and were going to do it another day. However I got an earful from the mom who told me they needed the car and I was selfish for taking it. She yelled at me for not renting a car since i was "rich".......How did she figured this out and called me a cheap florida jew. I dismissed this crazy's woman's accusations and went outside to hang out at the pool and play with my friends daughter.

We had made plans to hang out with Shardul at this lounge called St Genevieve in Upper Kirby. Got to meet Brooke, Hadilaw, and Aghakauve. Aus-E55 was there as well whom i met before at the Miami Dyno Session this past year. I dont know why we didnt get any pics of us together throwing it down?

So the night ended late and i drove home which was on the north side of town by George Bush Airport. Now i had asked everyone in the house not to lock the back door. Of course I get home and it was locked and i knew the old battleaxe who had it in for me and had locked the deadbolt which i didn't have a key for. I called my freind who was going to let me in, but her mom was waiting for me downstairs and started up a storm in the middle of the night.My friend had gone back to bed. The crazy lady snatched the keys from my hand, called me a trouble maker, threatened to place a Dominican curse on me, and the final blow was when she threw me out of the house.

I then walked about three miles in the middle of a night, pitch black in Houston Suburb of off FM1960 to the neatest hotel at 4am. My cell phone was dead. I found a holiday inn, told the manager my story and he gave me a discounted rate for my troubles. My friend came and picked me the next am. I told her I wanted to go home and not deal with her crazy family anymore. I asked she drop me off at the hotel by the airport and was done with it.

Shardul, Scotty, and Kuave all offered the next day to pick me up and let me crash, but i was so bothered by what had happened i actually wanted to go home.
My friend is upset but she is taking it well. I told her i wont see her again until the mom is out of the picture. Use the Baker Act or Deport her back to DR. Shes not safe to be around especially with the small child in the house. To my surprise i was told she has removed her mother before under the Baker Act, but that was only for 30 days. Shes also been through three assisted living institutions and all had thrown her out within the first 60 days. My friend is scared to death of her mother and i doubt she will do anything. My friend is also struggling after recently acquiring Crohn's Disease which is real tough on her physically. If you see the commercials that advertise the disease, its really an understatement. The pain is horrible.
My friend is beautiful, she had lived a wonderful life with moderate intestinal pain until she turned 40. After she got diagnosed with Crohns, she could not work because of the pain. The meds makes her very tired. Sad story.....

Anyways i wanted to show my appreciation to the Houston Crew. They really are a cool bunch of guys.

Got a cool pic pf Shardul's CDN-Spec E55.

Last edited by moosejaw; 09-25-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Oh yeah i got order a sourdough jack on the way home
Havent had one of these in like 20 years.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Wtf bro!!
Should have stayed home, too much headache, the only good thing is that you met those crazy Houston guys hehehe
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
yeah right, "us Houston guys" are the crazy ones ???, look who's talking.

You should have just stayed out with us and not gone back to "Abuela Loca's" joint,
Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Lmao
Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
nice glad you had a good time!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG....Speed is Relaxin'
Yes..... The Houston crew are Great peeps !!
Glad you're Safe too
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
straight up project X status mr.moose! "abuela loca" was the funniest part. she's a character.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Damn. Sounds like we missed out. Maybe the Houston crew needs to make a trip to Florida this winter...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Look i found a pic of scotty!
What were you looking for up there?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Dang, what a ride of a trip. Good thing you had backup here in town.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Look i found a pic of scotty!
What were you looking for up there?
Lol, that's a great photo , hope my wife doesnt have a sudden interest in e55's
Old 09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Lol I had a great time with you bud! Hope to see you soon..
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
these 2 cars were at the shop before MJ showed up. The silver one had an aftermarket exhaust that was being swapped out with a stock exhaust from the white one.