Sponsored by:

$540 for a trans service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Lets get this straight, people don't do their homework, ask what something will cost in advance, or get other prices to compare and then are shocked with dealer costs? Use your head, you just bought yourself an education. Yes the cars aren't cheap, and if you can't afford dealer service then try to learn how to do things on your own. Why not go to an Italian restaurant and complain that you were charged $17 for 50 cents worth of pasta. Seriously, find out labor rates and what is expected. If the cost far exceeds what was quoted stand up for yourself at the dealer or independant and don't pay for it. Argue or dispute the charges. Most people don't want to bother and instead just take it. In the future it can be prevented with a little effort. Once you open your mouth you will be shock how much a bill can be reduced. In the end they will still want your business. Goodluck!!!
Thanks for the lesson...
Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 AM

C63
Originally Posted by WBE55
Independent mechanic , non dealer shop.
Thank you much.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 PM

05 C230K SS
I have a 08 CLS63 and my dealer (Tafel Louisville) charged $375 for the service. 9 qt Mobil ATF 13 @ $8 qt, gasket, filter & labor. Also did software update for harsh 2-1 downshift, but this was covered under my extended warranty.

Brake fluid flush cost $132.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
They need to be serviced every 40k. (pan drop, filter replacement, around 4 qts. of fresh fluid) Same with the w211's 5g trans. There is no such thing as sealed for life. It's cheap insurance when compared to the priced of a new tranny.
I was told this bit of information by my uncle who was a MB Tech in Brazil who owned two W210 diesels. He even kept an W210 E55 here in Miami. He knows the W210 like the back of his hand. Upon seeing my E55 He pointed to the drain and fill plugs being fitted as an afterthought and not being part of the original design. Also exclaimed why they never came with a dipstick.

I dont mean to point out that your wrong because indeed the manufacturer reversed their opinion and made this transmission serviceable.

Refer to this thread.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...maintence.html