Making sense of this dyno graph...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Making sense of this dyno graph...

Hey guys,

Since Eurocharged is having a great sale before the end of the year and also changing their policies for retuning, I'm considering taking advantage of their ECU Tune. I purchased my car about 6 months ago and from what I know it's stock. For now I'm thinking about just getting their ECU Tune and remote cable for mods that I want to do down the road. Eurocharged claims these differences (stock vs. ecu tune only):

Peak Power (bhp) 469 -> 512
Peak Torque (lb-ft)
516 -> 563
Speed Limiter *(mph)
155 -> 200
Rev Limiter* (rpm)
6300 -> 6700
Boost (psi)
11.2 -> 11.2

Obviously, there's a +/- difference for each car, but I'd like to make sense of how the power will be delivered stock vs. ECU tune. Here's their dyno graph:

To me it looks as if the power is just going to be a bit more in each of the same RPMs and also a bit longer in gear. Any other info to draw from this? Anyone here have an ECU Tune alone and can testify to significant differences?

Source of info:

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...g-cable-detail
Old 12-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
Not sure what you are asking.

The chart contains a before and after dyno run.

The red line is the before tune. The magenta line is the after run with the new calibration loaded.

The difference between the lines is the increase in power and torque. As you can see the gain is through the entire RPM range.

G
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I got Eurocharged Tune , I ain't sure about the power difference since I rarely step on it in 1 or 2 gear. But the 5th gear pulls like it used to 4th gear now. The rpm does go upto 6700, didn't get a chance to check out the speed limit testing.

Also the gas mileage has improved that is what I am happy with
Old 12-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55
ECU tune only net me 25-30 whp and 35-40 wtq across the entire rpm band.

My peak numbers were 411whp and 445wtq stock, 444whp and 485wtq after tune.

Great mod for the price.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
Ok so their gains are pretty accurate. It's at a really good price right now and you get to take advantage of their free reflashes if you order before end of the year so I'm gonna go for it!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Shouldn't even be in question, call and order then proceed to smile!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by FinanceMike
ECU tune only net me 25-30 whp and 35-40 wtq across the entire rpm band.

My peak numbers were 411whp and 445wtq stock, 444whp and 485wtq after tune.

Great mod for the price.
that's what I have with the S/C pulley AND a tune...

overall it's a great improvement over stock!

Trending Topics

Old 12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
My CL with no cats/EC tune put down 430 whp and 440 ft lbs. Stock other then that.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:15 PM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD
Not sure what you are asking.

The chart contains a before and after dyno run.

The red line is the before tune. The magenta line is the after run with the new calibration loaded.

The difference between the lines is the increase in power and torque. As you can see the gain is through the entire RPM range.

G
I was a bit confused by how it shows Torque on the left hand side and HP on the right hand side.

I get the basic gist of it though... the car should have produce more RPMs throughout all the RPM range.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
The torque line will be the one that starts the highest on the left.

The power line will the one that starts lowest on the left.

Generally torque starts high and goes flat or tapers down, while power starts low and goes up as the RPM goes up. If the scales for torque and power are the same the torque and power lines should cross each other at 5200 RPM. In the dyno chart you referenced you will see the scale for power and torque is the same so the power and torque lines intersect at 5200.

The difference in peak power will be the difference in the two points where the before and after lines are at their highest. This will be comparing peak to peak. They may not be at the same RPM.

The point of greatest gain will be the part where there is the greatest difference before the before and after lines. Generally you will compare these differences at the same RPM point.

You can have a small gain in peak power, but a huge gain at the point of maximum differential.

The vertical scale is power and torque. The horizontal scale is RPM.

What you want to see is the difference in the before and after lines. Look at the power lines, the ones that start at the lowest on the left. The red line is the before dyno and the magenta is the after. Look at the 4000 RPM point and go up. You will see the difference, or gain between the before and after lines is 25 RWHP. So, at 4000 RPM that calibration change produced a gain of 25 RWHP.

Now, lets look at the RPM point of 6200. You follow that point straight up and you will see the difference between the before and after dyno produced a difference or gain of 50 RWHP.

You can also see that the RPM limit had been changed. The before line stops at 6200 where the after line continues to climb until 6500 RPM.

G
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,054 Likes on 847 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
HP and TQ intersect at 5252 RPM. HP = (TQ X RPM) / 5252
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD
The torque line will be the one that starts the highest on the left.

The power line will the one that starts lowest on the left.

Generally torque starts high and goes flat or tapers down, while power starts low and goes up as the RPM goes up. If the scales for torque and power are the same the torque and power lines should cross each other at 5200 RPM. In the dyno chart you referenced you will see the scale for power and torque is the same so the power and torque lines intersect at 5200.

The difference in peak power will be the difference in the two points where the before and after lines are at their highest. This will be comparing peak to peak. They may not be at the same RPM.

The point of greatest gain will be the part where there is the greatest difference before the before and after lines. Generally you will compare these differences at the same RPM point.

You can have a small gain in peak power, but a huge gain at the point of maximum differential.

The vertical scale is power and torque. The horizontal scale is RPM.

What you want to see is the difference in the before and after lines. Look at the power lines, the ones that start at the lowest on the left. The red line is the before dyno and the magenta is the after. Look at the 4000 RPM point and go up. You will see the difference, or gain between the before and after lines is 25 RWHP. So, at 4000 RPM that calibration change produced a gain of 25 RWHP.

Now, lets look at the RPM point of 6200. You follow that point straight up and you will see the difference between the before and after dyno produced a difference or gain of 50 RWHP.

You can also see that the RPM limit had been changed. The before line stops at 6200 where the after line continues to climb until 6500 RPM.

G
Thank you very much... this was extremely helpful!