Sponsored by:

WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PACougar
AJM, I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune and how you've been forced into this situation on the forum. I do have a question, how many times did you run the IAT's over 140 or so?
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I'm sorry for what happened to AJM and empathize with him but Hulk, you are not doing him or anyone here a favor. Now I normally stand by and watch you stir up up isht and call people names and normally just ignore the posts but have you ever sat down and reflect on the kind of person you are? It seems to me like you're life would be empty without drama, especially drama that is not your own but you make it your own and make it sensational.

Please, let AJM do what he needs to do and say what he needs to say, if he needs a layer then he can get one...but no one here needs a sensationalist nor a drama queen.
Originally Posted by GregMB
The only thing that this thread has taught us so far is:

Don't go WOT when your IATs are 195*

That's not exactly an earth-shattering revelation to anyone here, is it???

Can somebody please address why in the hell the IATs were that high in the first place? It's like the 600Lb gorilla in the room. What sort of coolilng mods
were installed on this car? Was the stock IC pump even working correctly?

-G
Originally Posted by gaspam
to the op, hope you can get this sorted out... i am sure if you can get civil communication going with weistec and get all this drama removed then you can come to some sort of resolution.... honestly in this situation splitting the difference would be a win situation, or at least until all the facts are known

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll try and deal with all of these queries in the related threads when I get a gap
Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Just a quick note on lawsuits, I'm sure this isn't your first rodeo but many here haven't had the displeasure...
You can sue Hulk for libel(since he wrote that you blew three engines) and yould have to prove that you did not, indeed blow three engines to move to the next step of assessing damages due to his libel. If he were to simply say "EC and Jerry are hack tuners" then you're in an tough spot, because that's an opinion, and the work hack can be used in many contexts.

Now if you were to say out loud at a car show in return, "Hulks Mom is a ****".. He'd have not much a leg to stand on for the term **** is subjective and there's no real way of proving or disproving his mothers promiscuous behavior. If instead you said , "Hulks Mother ate a bag of d1cks" , he could definitely sue you for slander because you would have to prove that an entire literal bag of d1cks were eaten by his mother.

In regards to suing the forum for statements made by its users, that's a no go. Plenty of case law to back that one up over the past decade or so.. Owners of a website or publication can't be held liable for opinions or posts made by third parties, you have to go after the third party responsible for the statement. The court can however subpoena the websites owners to release information about the user/member to follow through with suit. In this case, IBs lawyers would have your suit thrown out before it even made it to pretrial.

Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
I could care less about OE... you're not understanding my complaint.

You said above (and many other times) that "you BOTH have blown engines". What you are insinuating is that the software (either by OE, Weistec, EC, Etc) is to blame for the motor failure. These types of slanderous comments need to stop. I WILL FILE A LAWSUIT against this forum and the people involved if these accusations continue.

I have been the only tuner on this forum to admit that I tuned a car that had motor failure. I'm upset that it happened and I wish there was something I could do, but the FACT is.....it wasn't software related.

Just for the record.... I have tuned one members car on this forum 3 times and all 3 times have ended in motor failure. The owner of this car is a friend, fellow car lover, and also someone that I buy parts from. The last time the motor went we were running a 10 AFR and near stock ignition...it happened the first pull on the dyno.

I have no problem with speculation and I'm even willing to help figure out the issue, but I will not tolerate someone pointing fingers at me or my company....

Thank you!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Bro, do NOT say those things, i am sure you wouldnt like it said about your mom
seriously man
Old 02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No bad intentions, just an example of what y'all could or couldn't sue for
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Remember, you can be sued for ANYTHING! And if you want to leave your financial future up to a jury, go for it!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
things like this will never even reach a trial. most if not all of these lawsuits are thrown out
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
How could anybody at this point know whether or not the tune was modified, perhaps the shop AJM goes to made changes and didn't tell him. I'm only saying that to make a point, not because there's any evidence of it. I think what you're confusing for everyone's "defense of Weistec" is simply our desire to find out what happened rather then blame Weistec without knowing all of the facts. If it turns out to be Weistec's fault then blame away, but nobody, not even the guy it happened to know's what exactly caused the problem.
YES YES and YES...this is precisely the point. Hulk, please, let AJM post up whatever info he wishes to post up and weistec do the same and let everyone else come to their own conclusions. If we have questions we will ask them.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
omg, Ajm posted that the tune was not touched, meanwhile weistec is saying it was
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
Just a quick note on lawsuits, I'm sure this isn't your first rodeo but many here haven't had the displeasure...
You can sue Hulk for libel(since he wrote that you blew three engines) and yould have to prove that you did not, indeed blow three engines to move to the next step of assessing damages due to his libel. If he were to simply say "EC and Jerry are hack tuners" then you're in an tough spot, because that's an opinion, and the work hack can be used in many contexts.

Now if you were to say out loud at a car show in return, "Hulks Mom is a ****".. He'd have not much a leg to stand on for the term **** is subjective and there's no real way of proving or disproving his mothers promiscuous behavior. If instead you said , "Hulks Mother ate a bag of d1cks" , he could definitely sue you for slander because you would have to prove that an entire literal bag of d1cks were eaten by his mother.

In regards to suing the forum for statements made by its users, that's a no go. Plenty of case law to back that one up over the past decade or so.. Owners of a website or publication can't be held liable for opinions or posts made by third parties, you have to go after the third party responsible for the statement. The court can however subpoena the websites owners to release information about the user/member to follow through with suit. In this case, IBs lawyers would have your suit thrown out before it even made it to pretrial.
That just made my day The thing that I don't understand is the fact that hulk has no horse in this race. The only thing that has been done is making the situation far worse. I've got thru this whole ordeal with my pulley and spent lots Of time and money just figuring out why the pulley failed. I thought about legal action and even went as far as talking to our business lawyer about everything and what I could/should/would do. After giving it some time and calming down I spoke with Brooke and offered a very fair deal that both of us were happy with and we still talk and things have gotten back to normal so to say. The point is anytime you change a car from stock your odds o any kind of failure rise. My tuner that tuned my Cobra is one of the best hands down yet he still has clients that blow engines. Why?? Because we are pushing parts past designed limits. I come from a competition drag racing background and raced heads up classes as well as a lot of grudge racing and blown motors and replacing parts are part of the game. I never once called my engine builder or tuner to tell him he just hurt my engine because they didn't do it I did. I believe this whole situation should of been kept private like the OP asked the people he did tell until facts were known and the OP/Weistec talked everything over and decided what would be done. After seeing pictures As far as the IAT's causing the engine to blow I'm pretty positive that's not the cause but it didn't help. I've seen IAT's higher than that (230 degrees on pump gas at MIR) when I had a clogged heat exchanger. Lets stop the speculation because NOBODY knows what or why the engine went.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
I think what you're confusing for everyone's "defense of Weistec" is simply our desire to find out what happened rather then blame Weistec without knowing all of the facts. If it turns out to be Weistec's fault then blame away, but nobody, not even the guy it happened to know's what exactly caused the problem.

I don't know how people don't get this. Fundamental common sense at work.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Denroll
My recommendation to AJM was the same as he said to me: keep it off the forums until you know what is wrong! People are going to do what people do and around here that seems to speculate and point fingers prematurely. When my engine blew, it took me over a month before we could tell what caused it. I had more fingers pointed in more directions, everything from the tune to the parts. When it turned out to be a clogged injector, that was that and everyone who had something to say was wrong. Nobody ever acknowledged that they were wrong, of course.

It takes time to figure out what went wrong. AJM assured me that he wanted to find out exactly what went wrong before going public to avoid exactly what is happening now.

Best of luck with the rebuild project and my offer for help still stands. I'm sure Weistec will work this miscommunication out with you and help you get
back on the road. I think this kit is a quality piece and has potential for these cars.
Thank you sir! You, I know, can empathize here. And thanks for your offer to help out with the restoration.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C32 4Matic - That's Not A Typo! :D
Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 156 Posts
SL55, S500

Too bad most are just talk and used for FEAR and INTIMIDATION of INNOCENT PEOPLE.

In Russia no one cares about your little piece of paper or your crappy judge. Good-luck proving you lost business as well because of a forum post! The word sue comes up and the person is executed immediately. Then they can have fun trying to collect the money. OJ didn't pay a dime yet.

But honestly anyone who threatens to sue better follow through otherwise they are just pieces of ****. What ever happened to dealing out situations man to man.

Hulk can say whatever the hell he pleases. That's the purpose of these boards to spread truth.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
That just made my day The thing that I don't understand is the fact that hulk has no horse in this race. The only thing that has been done is making the situation far worse. I've got thru this whole ordeal with my pulley and spent lots Of time and money just figuring out why the pulley failed. I thought about legal action and even went as far as talking to our business lawyer about everything and what I could/should/would do. After giving it some time and calming down I spoke with Brooke and offered a very fair deal that both of us were happy with and we still talk and things have gotten back to normal so to say. The point is anytime you change a car from stock your odds o any kind of failure rise. My tuner that tuned my Cobra is one of the best hands down yet he still has clients that blow engines. Why?? Because we are pushing parts past designed limits. I come from a competition drag racing background and raced heads up classes as well as a lot of grudge racing and blown motors and replacing parts are part of the game. I never once called my engine builder or tuner to tell him he just hurt my engine because they didn't do it I did. I believe this whole situation should of been kept private like the OP asked the people he did tell until facts were known and the OP/Weistec talked everything over and decided what would be done. After seeing pictures As far as the IAT's causing the engine to blow I'm pretty positive that's not the cause but it didn't help. I've seen IAT's higher than that (230 degrees on pump gas at MIR) when I had a clogged heat exchanger. Lets stop the speculation because NOBODY knows what or why the engine went.
+1 amen!!! pushing the limits can have all sort of downstream effects to the car that are not necessarity the new power adding hardware's fault...

i mean just think if we slap on a power adder (pulley, s/c, nos, whatever) and there is an underlying ,unknown to owner, problem with the tranny and only the addition of some generous extra HP causes the tranny to pop... not the power adder's fault that the tranny had a brewing problem but it definitely exposed a unknown weakness in the powertrain much quicker than at stock power levels

i didnt know my previous IC pump wasnt fully flowing until i added a pulley and then it became evident i had a bad IC pump real quick But it wasnt the pulley's fault, it just more quickly exposed an underlying weakness/ problem in my car

Last edited by gaspam; 02-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
Too bad most are just talk and used for FEAR and INTIMIDATION of INNOCENT PEOPLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goE0zHYx2r4

In Russia no one cares about your little piece of paper or your crappy judge. Good-luck proving you lost business as well because of a forum post! The word sue comes up and the person is executed immediately. Then they can have fun trying to collect the money. OJ didn't pay a dime yet.

But honestly anyone who threatens to sue better follow through otherwise they are just pieces of ****. What ever happened to dealing out situations man to man.

Hulk can say whatever the hell he pleases. That's the purpose of these boards to spread truth.
So what happens if you're just making assumptions and not spreading actual truth, but trying to pass it off as the truth?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
That's the purpose of these boards to spread truth.
LoL. Uninformed opinions, also.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nah the purpose of these forums is to gather thousands of like minded enthusiasts in one place in order to sell advertising space to companies interested in marketing goods. The exchange of information is a secondary priority.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Ohh somethings getting spread alright
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goE0zHYx2r4

what if it's not 100% accurate? and what if it disrupts and halts discussions for finding a resolution? both of those are ok too right?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Weistec, 2 requests:

I've been cautioned that it's not permissible according to the terms of use to make reference in a post to private communications without the consent of the other party to such communications. I assume, in the interests of full disclosure, you have no objection to me making reference to the email exchanges between us. Please confirm.

Secondly, as requested in the op, please state in what manner I have slandered you and/or your product or acknowledge that you have no evidence of me having done so.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by ajm55
Weistec, 2 requests:

I've been cautioned that it's not permissible according to the terms of use to make reference in a post to private communications without the consent of the other party to such communications. I assume, in the interests of full disclosure, you have no objection to me making reference to the email exchanges between us. Please confirm.

Secondly, as requested in the op, please state in what manner I have slandered you and/or your product or acknowledge that you have no evidence of me having done so.
I was going to redbox it tonight but this thread & whole situation is like wow
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
So what happens if you're just making assumptions and not spreading actual truth, but trying to pass it off as the truth?
Nothing wrong with Speculation to drive the markets
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Nothing wrong with Speculation to drive the markets
Ya, it's not like that's ever gotten us all into trouble
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Nah the purpose of these forums is to gather thousands of like minded enthusiasts in one place in order to sell advertising space to companies interested in marketing goods. The exchange of information is a secondary priority.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Watching this all day, and sorry to hear about the engine. Its never fun to deal with no matter what the supplier/vendor does, even if they just admit fault and make it right.

AJM can we get these threads started soon?

AJM "I propose to run three threads. This one, a thread reviewing the performance of the Weistec blower on my vehicle and a thread dealing with the engine failure."

I am just curious to the performance and possible link to the engine failure. For me it would help shed more light on this thread, instead of all the he said the wall said. Cause to me performance > failure > this thread to dispel any rumors or non-facts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight