WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
What kind of people are they? Just so I know why you calling me dumb.

Weistec has done the same thing to someone else and when the person spoke out they acted in the same way and left the person out to dry, using that he spoke out as an excuse not to help him, sound familiar?

Those are the kind of people ( Weistec) are, people that have no integrity and give no support, and more likely than not they wouldn't have helped out Ajm, but at this point, if you want to think I called you or anyone else dumb and using every single word as a way to twist things here and there so be it because this thread turned from trying to make Weistec take responsibility and or help Ajm to a completely different issue
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by Hulk
Weistec has done the same thing to someone else and when the person spoke out they acted in the same way and left the person out to dry, using that he spoke out as an excuse not to help him, sound familiar?

Those are the kind of people ( Weistec) are, people that have no integrity and give no support, and more likely than not they wouldn't have helped out Ajm, but at this point, if you want to think I called you or anyone else dumb and using every single word as a way to twist things here and there so be it because this thread turned from trying to make Weistec take responsibility and or help Ajm to a completely different issue
My experience with them has been totally different although I have not been in the same situation as AJM. They even shipped my charger system before it was paid due to production delays.
I think you speak with relatively sharp words especially in a time that the cause of the engine failure is not known.
You should check your own integrity as well calling someone a pigboy on a open forum. I do not need to read language like this or insults.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Hope you and Weistec can come to some resolution. Seems like you two were on the right track before hulk jumped in and ruined everything with his baseless accusations.

I also don't understand how he can say these things when the tuner he loves and praises so much has done worse and did absolutely nothing to rectify the situation.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-10-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
again blackbenz, if you really believe that I ruined it for Ajm that is your opinion, I never ever mentioned any other tuner but you and others want to bring other tuners up, well open up your own thread about that if you have a problem with jeremy
Old 02-10-2013, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
My experience with them has been totally different although I have not been in the same situation as AJM. They even shipped my charger system before it was paid due to production delays.
I think you speak with relatively sharp words especially in a time that the cause of the engine failure is not known.
You should check your own integrity as well calling someone a pigboy on a open forum. I do not need to read language like this or insults.

My integrity is not in question, as I have helped many here and off the forum and do not need anyone to come here and praise me, also that was your experience with them and thats fine and as far as name calling , that is something that has started awhile back and he is not innocent even though he is playing that role.

lets keep this on the issue at hand , and not bring in insults from me or others or talking about other tuners because that has no bearing on this situation
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Hope you and Weistec can come to some resolution.

Thanks, but Weistec have made their position clear so that is not going to happen.

I'd like them to deal with queries raised in my post number 124.

I sense the Hulk-factor is about to derail this thread yet again.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Hulk
again blackbenz, if you really believe that I ruined it for Ajm that is your opinion, I never ever mentioned any other tuner but you and others want to bring other tuners up, well open up your own thread about that if you have a problem with jeremy
You don't want to bring it up because you and kudtom must be getting paid by them. It's funny how your so sympathetic to the op ( I feel very bad for him as well), and state how your trying to help everyone else by warning them of weistec. But when another company blows a forum members motor, you don't seem to share the same sympathy.

I'll say it again. Why aren't you warning people of the tuner that blew up blackbenz motor? First pull and pop. No support, no nothing!

How am I playing the victim? Because I choose to not partake in the childish name calling? Right
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
right AK, I just attack you for no reason, if that is what you or anyone believes fine. Again, if blackbenz or anyone else has a problem with any tuners, you, or him or anyone else can make 1 -2 or even 10 threads about it and have the tuner(s) discuss for everyone to see and I will give my input on that in that thread and or threads because it deals with another issue.

I have never gotten any money or anything free from any vendor or tuner and neither has kustom2k1

This thread is about wesitec and Ajm's engine getting blown up, leave it on topic, open another thread if you wanna get off topic

Last edited by Hulk; 02-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
If your goal is a reasonable settlement then I'd pull the plug on a public hearing with mixed data, and take this discussion back to the key players in a man to man fashion.

Last edited by betrezra; 02-10-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by betrezra
If your goal is a reasonable settlement then I'd pull the plug on a public hearing with mixed data, and take this discussion back to the key players in a man to man fashion.

A reasonable settlement would be welcomed. Weistec, however, will not talk to me unless I "fix things up". By that they mean make good for slandering them. As is plainly evident from this thread, rather than slander them, I have, from the outset, done nothing but try to protect their name and product. So I'm afraid there's nothing for me to fix up and therefore (given their current stance) no room for our relationship to be rekindled.

The question of settlement aside, my real concern is identifying the cause of this little mishap. I'm frankly now having second thoughts about reinstalling the Weistec unit on my newly built engine as I simply don't know whether it played any role here. Weistec have opted out of the investigation on the basis of their ill-conceived contention that the tune was manipulated. It was not.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Maybe we have simply seen the limits of what the 113 engine can handle. It's a production passenger car engine that was already being pushed out of it's design realm when AMG slapped a supercharger on it. The tuners took it up another level, and now the Weistec SC has gone even further. To make that kind of power in the muscle car world usually requires a built engine, with a only a handfull of factory motors that have been proven to hold together at high power levels. I haven't seen any data or testing from Weistec stating how many cars have their SC installed and how many miles they've logged, in what kind of weather conditions etc...Who knows, maybe as miles are logged more engines will come apart, and this will be one of many, or it could simply be a one-off failure. Time will tell. When you start modifying your car outside of it's design limits it's at your own risk. Just my opinion, but perhaps Weistec could offer you to return their parts for a full refund and that money could be used to replace your engine. If someone was spraying NOS and their engine blew would you expect NOS to pay for an engine? Of course not, it's part of the game, more power, more risk. I think we have found the red zone at these power levels.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 02-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Ajm, can u start another thread with review of the weistec kit?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:01 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Maybe we have simply seen the limits of what the 113 engine can handle. It's a production passenger car engine that was already being pushed out of it's design realm when AMG slapped a supercharger on it. The tuners took it up another level, and now the Weistec SC has gone even further. To make that kind of power in the muscle car world usually requires a built engine, with a only a handfull of factory motors that have been proven to hold together at high power levels. I haven't seen any data or testing from Weistec stating how many cars have their SC installed and how many miles they've logged, in what kind of weather conditions etc...Who knows, maybe as miles are logged more engines will come apart, and this will be one of many, or it could simply be a one-off failure. Time will tell. When you start modifying your car outside of it's design limits it's at your own risk. Just my opinion, but perhaps Weistec could offer you to return their parts for a full refund and that money could be used to replace your engine. If someone was spraying NOS and their engine blew would you expect NOS to pay for an engine? Of course not, it's part of the game, more power, more risk. I think we have found the red zone at these power levels.
Sadly, too much power was definitely not the issue here

Originally Posted by War Tank
Ajm, can u start another thread with review of the weistec kit?
I sure can and will
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
It'd sure be nice to see what one of these devices had to say in regards to individual cylinder EGTs.

http://www.racepak.com/PROII.php
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here's one that might be realistic to have installed
http://rpmperf.com/index.php?page=sh...mart&Itemid=53
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
What about reading files from the ecu and see who last tuned it?? Isn't there a way to see date time stamp who last modified the ecu?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by novae500
What about reading files from the ecu and see who last tuned it?? Isn't there a way to see date time stamp who last modified the ecu?
I'm not sure about that but someone with more knowledge can chime in.

AJM can/have your sent the ECU back to Weistec so that they can check file to see if it was in fact actually tampered with?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I'm not sure about that but someone with more knowledge can chime in.

AJM can/have your sent the ECU back to Weistec so that they can check file to see if it was in fact actually tampered with?
If Weistec and I were able to reach agreement on what they would do if it were found that the tune was not altered in any way, I would certainly send the ECU to an independent third party for analysis.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Jesus this has turned into a zoo. Good luck AJ.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
No way is that the case as peeps have made over 575 whp and not popped
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
Here's one that might be realistic to have installed
http://rpmperf.com/index.php?page=sh...mart&Itemid=53
I've got the DL28 sitting on a shelf right now that i've been tossing the idea around of installing on my car when we do the build. I just don't like the nest of wires that i will have to feed back to the logger and then your kinda getting into that "race car" territory. It would be nice to monitor each cylinder's EGT and the the best part is being able to monitor the driveline (driveshaft,TC slip and wheel speed on top of engine RPM).
Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You should install it no doubt! Even if all you ran was the inputs for RPM, speed and the EGTs it'd be worth it just to know that there were no imbalances in your setup that you'ld never know about without knowing the EGTs in relation to each other. Its not as critical when the power levels are lower but as far as you're gonna take it, it'd be a huge asset to know when you're getting close to meltdown of those expensive internals.

You could always make it removable too. Get eight npt plugs for the header bungs, and put weather pack connectors on the end off all the digital inputs so you can use it when you're breaking in and tuning, then take it out for daily driving if it's cumbersome to look at. Just a thought....

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I've got the DL28 sitting on a shelf right now that i've been tossing the idea around of installing on my car when we do the build. I just don't like the nest of wires that i will have to feed back to the logger and then your kinda getting into that "race car" territory. It would be nice to monitor each cylinder's EGT and the the best part is being able to monitor the driveline (driveshaft,TC slip and wheel speed on top of engine RPM).
Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
You should install it no doubt! Even if all you ran was the inputs for RPM, speed and the EGTs it'd be worth it just to know that there were no imbalances in your setup that you'ld never know about without knowing the EGTs in relation to each other. Its not as critical when the power levels are lower but as far as you're gonna take it, it'd be a huge asset to know when you're getting close to meltdown of those expensive internals.

You could always make it removable too. Get eight npt plugs for the header bungs, and put weather pack connectors on the end off all the digital inputs so you can use it when you're breaking in and tuning, then take it out for daily driving if it's cumbersome to look at. Just a thought....
I've thought about it A LOT. I know this will sound crazy and stupid but i know myself well enough to know if i'm seeing 1000 degrees in the front 4 cylinders and 1100-1200 in the rear 4 i would be making sheet metal intakes and cutting up surge tanks trying to make everything equal. I just want a car that runs good and is fast and i would be happy. The other down side is the extra work/cost in adding bungs for the headers and everything else that goes along with it. I actually bought it to use in my diesel truck to tune with and was going to do some truck pulling but decided against that now. The starter 2.6 class trucks are making 1200-1400hp now. 3.0 class trucks are rumored to be making anywhere from 2200-3000+hp. I'm happy with my 650hp in street trim these days
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
From my understanding, OP bought the Weistec stage 1 SC system that not require upgrade internals. Stage 2, you need to upgrade Headers, stage 3 ...... Put yourself as OP, after $8K + blown engine what and how would you feel ?? Pay to play ?? I rather stay with the traditional Kleemann stage 1 to 4 to be safer. To OP, thanks for sharing the story, good to know.
Actually, the OP and I have something in common: blown motor after recent mods. My next bill surely will match whatever the OPs bill is. The difference? I didn't put my tuner on blast. I just said, ok whats it take to fix? Pointing fingers seldom helps a situation. I knew the risk when I took it.

So yeah, being in a shockingly similar situation I feel like pay to play.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Prada- when did you blow your engine? What exactly "blew"?

I think it's safe to say that the OPs engine didnt fail due to high output. From the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like he's too concerned with assigning blame to someone more than he is in making sure that whatever happened doesn't happen again. I could be wrong though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight