Ran a CLS 63 TT Today- Got Him

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by badm
Its really funny to me that people are questioning Kleemann tunes and bigger injectors . Like its been talked about a million times , Kleemann tunes are reliable and safe and somewhat conservative compared to other tuners who go right to the limit with timing. Come on, they have the tech, engineers and facilities and years of tuning these mercedes engines and their ECU's and tcu's. They know what their doing their not experimenting with customer engines like some other tuners. Theirs no long list of Blown engines with Kleemann tunes not to say one their engines couldn't blow up. Their big liablities and bad press involved in blown engines that equal to thousands of dollars that could be lost. And yes a K3 tune or K4 with big tb will support as I was told buy Cory a bigger crank pulley up 178 to 180. I agree bigger injector's 550cc would be a safe guard on the engine with the right cooling .. let this topic go ,, Damm

I have a ported 82mm TTM throttle body and K3 no issues.
Nobody questioning Kleemann tune. I personally have the tune and love Kleemann product because I know its Safer. The question is more about if need to upgrade the injectors. Kleemann says no and other think is safer to have bigger injectors. After all, its all depend your mods. A stage 2 (up to 172 pulley) is not necessary yet but if anybody add a bigger TB and 180+ crank pulley might need injectors for safety purpose.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
There is nothing to question, it is fact, with the complete bolt on list the injectors run at very high duty cycles shown by logs and even static on cars making power. You can't argue that no matter what someone says or "thinks."

The proof is in writing in a data log on a big pulley full bolt on car.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
How many Kleeman cars are actually running 180mm crank pulleys? I'm imagining there aren't many, which leaves us with a tiny group for comparison. I think what really matters is for the price of injectors why would you chance it if you're going with a 180mm+ pulley?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by urbamworm
There is nothing to question, it is fact, with the complete bolt on list the injectors run at very high duty cycles shown by logs and even static on cars making power. You can't argue that no matter what someone says or "thinks."

The proof is in writing in a data log on a big pulley full bolt on car.
Do u have these data logs to post that u speak of ? Would be interesting to see. How many ppl injector duty cycles are max on the stock injectors. I was under the Impression that The factory injectors flow 550 CC/min@60 PSI- flow rate is higher at higher pressures.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I don't personally but there are other members with loggers that have 180 pullies that do. One I can quickly think of off the top of my head is GT-ER, he has done logs showing near static injectors or static in his car before getting bigger injectors. There are others as well that seen the same thing when the logged. You may even be able to do a search and do some digging and find screen captures they posted of logs showing this. It was a little while back. Here is GT-ER's thread though that has an injector duty cycle log in it and if you don't know the conversion formula to find duty cycle it is posted by me lower in the thread.

click here