Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by SterlingE55
Comparing one mile to the next is also very difficult. The Texas mile is usually slow bc of the wind in south Texas. This year the wind was finally blowing in the right direction. The mile is a lot like dyno. You can only compare same day, same track, similar time period.

True and with all the high speed accidents and pursuing lawsuits that will take place, the T mile may have a limited life. Most the big power street cars have moved to the Texas invitational format in recent years.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Thanks for clearing that up since people Didnt think it happened.
684 rwhp got THAT vette over 200mph? Well, I stand corrected?

Riddle me this batman....if it only takes 684 rwhp to reach 201+ mph, why is NO ONE ELSE DOING IT?

Get your slippery car to 684 rwhp and do it. I've got faith in you.

Longest confirmed sniper kill is a tick over 2.4 kilometers. Do you have any clue on how physics took a sidestep to allow that shot to take place? No one does. That's why it probably won't happen anytime soon. (multiple crosswinds between the mountains with varying temps and with a round that falls flat @1750 yards?)

Point? A car somehow defied physics and did something no other car can do. Congratulations to the builder and the driver. Well....that, and to Lord almighty for the push. lol
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Go SAAB?
http://jalopnik.com/insane-1996-saab...mile-472901153
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by EREBUS
684 rwhp got THAT vette over 200mph? Well, I stand corrected?

Riddle me this batman....if it only takes 684 rwhp to reach 201+ mph, why is NO ONE ELSE DOING IT?

Get your slippery car to 684 rwhp and do it. I've got faith in you.

Longest confirmed sniper kill is a tick over 2.4 kilometers. Do you have any clue on how physics took a sidestep to allow that shot to take place? No one does. That's why it probably won't happen anytime soon. (multiple crosswinds between the mountains with varying temps and with a round that falls flat @1750 yards?)

Point? A car somehow defied physics and did something no other car can do. Congratulations to the builder and the driver. Well....that, and to Lord almighty for the push. lol
Ok will do Robin. How is it that at import vs domestic a 900hp civic ran 192mph in the 1/4? Guess that Didnt happen either right? Point is there's now perfect equation that says your car with X amount of power will go X speed. That's why I always say HP or even RWHP means nothing in the bigger picture. Another example is NASCAR. Same engines making within 1-2hp of each other in the same car with the same everything except driver and crew Chief yet one qualified at 196mph when the other teammate qualified at 192mph. Maybe you get my drift now. I come from heads up racing where power is only a piece of the equation.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:00 AM

How is it that at import vs domestic a 900hp civic ran 192mph in the 1/4?
uh, because it was a stripped out 1500lb washtub and was geared for the 1/4?

Point is there's now perfect equation that says your car with X amount of power will go X speed.
agreed. that's why I said YOU need in YOUR car 1100-1200 crank hp to get there?

Another example is NASCAR. Same engines making within 1-2hp of each other in the same car with the same everything except driver and crew Chief yet one qualified at 196mph when the other teammate qualified at 192mph.
they make adjustments after every run. (timing and fuel, along with body adjustments are modified based on each run)

Maybe you get my drift now.
is it you like nascar? lol

Look dude, you seem like a bonifed grass roots kinda racer. Dirt bikes and dirt oval track kinda stuff. That's cool. I respect that. In fact, enough so that I think I've keep this sh*t going along enough. I mean no ill will with my responses. Cheers
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
uh, because it was a stripped out 1500lb washtub and was geared for the 1/4?

agreed. that's why I said YOU need in YOUR car 1100-1200 crank hp to get there?

they make adjustments after every run. (timing and fuel, along with body adjustments are modified based on each run)

is it you like nascar? lol

Look dude, you seem like a bonifed grass roots kinda racer. Dirt bikes and dirt oval track kinda stuff. That's cool. I respect that. In fact, enough so that I think I've keep this sh*t going along enough. I mean no ill will with my responses. Cheers
No ill will taken Nascar uses a sealed ECM meaning no adjustments to the engines fuel or timing at all. The bodies must fit a template down to .001'' so the only thing left is the chassis set-up and driver. Yes you could say i come from "grass roots" racing MX but not dirt oval track for me. I like the asphalt tracks I guess we will see how fast i can go with whatever my car makes.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Registration just opened for this October Texas Mile!

It sells out quick, so don't wait!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Registration just opened for this October Texas Mile!

It sells out quick, so don't wait!
It just sold out in 2 1/2 hours. But, its too far for me anyway. Instead, I am doing the Mojave Mile.