Sponsored by:

Big Thanks to BENZWÖRKS Service You Could Appreciate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Big Thanks to BENZWÖRKS Service You Could Appreciate

I want to thank Serge, Nick, and the rest of the BENZWÖRKS team for the work they performed on my car. My quest for more power out of my E55 has been a progressive one. With each power mod I took time to enjoy how the dynamics of the car would change. I would also often consult a lot with the BENZWÖRKS team on what to do next with the car.

The thing I like best about the team at BENZWÖRKS is that are like the voice of reason. They know full well that I am a full blown horse power junky and when I wanted to push for even more power out of the car they had a smart conversation with me. I am at a good sweet spot with the power for this car and with drivability. Pushing for the outer limits of power with stock internals could result in unwanted repair bills for something that could possible break. I enjoy the car a lot and have over 100K miles of freeway commuter driving. I don't drag race or beat my car to death from stop light to stop light, but I do enjoy the power when the times and conditions are right to do so.

After driving my car after this last service and modding with friends and family in the car I am really please with the results. Every person that has rode in my car say they can't believe how smooth and easy the car drives with all the power that is has. The car feels like butter on the rode, but can easily glue you to the seat if a mash on it.

With this last service I was going for bigger injectors and the looped fuel rail to prepare for a throttle body upgrade. Serge found a technical issue with the car that he easily fixed and the re-tune without injectors resulted in a gain of 24 ft-lbs of torque and the power-band is a lot smoother now that the fuel pressure is equalized across all injectors. I did not upgrade the injectors because of Serge's recommendation which save me a little money. I did have to go with one step colder spark plugs as the OEM replacements I had installed could not cut it with all the extra power. After he was done with the car we both agreed that the throttle body is not really needed for what I do with the car. Daily drivability is very important for me as my wife likes to drive the car too.

This is the end of my journey with power mods for this car and I will now focus on cosmetics to keep the car looking new with a few carbon enhancements for looks.

Once again thank you guys for your hard work. This car is a beast.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
I have driven in this car and it is hard to breathe when in WOT
Old 03-31-2013, 06:10 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
I have driven in this car and it is hard to breathe when in WOT
wait until you ride in now. We'll have to meet up soon
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Originally Posted by kipper215
wait until you ride in now. We'll have to meet up soon
Anytime!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Awesome write up and results! Glad you like it. I love those guys and wouldn't let anyone else touch my car. Awesome group of guys!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by kipper215
I want to thank Serge, Nick, and the rest of the BENZWÖRKS team for the work they performed on my car. My quest for more power out of my E55 has been a progressive one. With each power mod I took time to enjoy how the dynamics of the car would change. I would also often consult a lot with the BENZWÖRKS team on what to do next with the car.

The thing I like best about the team at BENZWÖRKS is that are like the voice of reason. They know full well that I am a full blown horse power junky and when I wanted to push for even more power out of the car they had a smart conversation with me. I am at a good sweet spot with the power for this car and with drivability. Pushing for the outer limits of power with stock internals could result in unwanted repair bills for something that could possible break. I enjoy the car a lot and have over 100K miles of freeway commuter driving. I don't drag race or beat my car to death from stop light to stop light, but I do enjoy the power when the times and conditions are right to do so.

After driving my car after this last service and modding with friends and family in the car I am really please with the results. Every person that has rode in my car say they can't believe how smooth and easy the car drives with all the power that is has. The car feels like butter on the rode, but can easily glue you to the seat if a mash on it.

With this last service I was going for bigger injectors and the looped fuel rail to prepare for a throttle body upgrade. Serge found a technical issue with the car that he easily fixed and the re-tune without injectors resulted in a gain of 24 ft-lbs of torque and the power-band is a lot smoother now that the fuel pressure is equalized across all injectors. I did not upgrade the injectors because of Serge's recommendation which save me a little money. I did have to go with one step colder spark plugs as the OEM replacements I had installed could not cut it with all the extra power. After he was done with the car we both agreed that the throttle body is not really needed for what I do with the car. Daily drivability is very important for me as my wife likes to drive the car too.

This is the end of my journey with power mods for this car and I will now focus on cosmetics to keep the car looking new with a few carbon enhancements for looks.

Once again thank you guys for your hard work. This car is a beast.

Just wondering are these numbers " engine HP "?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nysid2007
Just wondering are these numbers " engine HP "?
To answer your question, no that chart is not crank horse power. I will let Serge or Nick speak about what this car can do. I am lucky enough to have an extremely strong car, but at the same time the car is well maintained by a crew that knows what they are doing.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Current 2014 Maserati Quattroporte and 2017 GLE 63 AMG retired 2007 E63 AMG
+1 they are the best