Sponsored by:

Question for E55 owners - Back bumper black plastic peiece

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 07:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Question Question for E55 owners - Back bumper black plastic peiece

Guys, is your back bumper painted black between the quad exahust or is it a plastic part that is fitted there? anyone knows a part no if its a part. thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:17 AM

A picture might help

Here is what I'm talking about - this picture is off of poursha's car.

Last edited by muhri; 08-24-2003 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think mine is painted black, it seems like a rough rubberish plastic, I've ben thinking of painting it, to match my car color (silver).
Attached Thumbnails Question for E55 owners - Back bumper black plastic peiece-e55-005.jpg  
Old 08-24-2003, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's black plastic--sorry, don't know part number.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:59 PM

one of seven
bengolf will probably know as he put the E55 bumper and exhaust on his E500. The part came with the kit. mp
Old 08-24-2003, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by mbprince
bengolf will probably know as he put the E55 bumper and exhaust on his E500. The part came with the kit. mp
I dont think the part came with his kit since he did not install it - or at least I dont think so - I'll contact him anyway's
Old 08-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by muhri
I dont think the part came with his kit since he did not install it - or at least I dont think so - I'll contact him anyway's
He did install it, but had it painted, much better look.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by pocholin
He did install it, but had it painted, much better look.
Pochs, I actually contacted Beng, he did not install that piece yet - he will when he gets bored from the current look without it. I'm getting crazy ideas tonight - sell my car and keep investing the money in the stock market / funds and get an E55 in a year or so rather than spend more money in mods now.. What do you guys think?? I got the car with insurance for 1 year for $52K (car was $50,200) - One guy is begging me to sell it to him for ($43,000) which means I loose $7,000 for 10 months of ownership and 9500 kilometers.

Obs black / Charcoal-merlot
Keyless Go / Panaromic roof and COMAND would be my options for the E55 if I go with it.. Advice guys!!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Pochs, I actually contacted Beng, he did not install that piece yet - ....
I could've sworn he did, but ohh well, it is not the first time I'm wrong.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:03 PM

I could've sworn he did, but ohh well, it is not the first time I'm wrong.
Its OK man, what do you think of what I said in my post above?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Its OK man, what do you think of what I said in my post above?
I don't think it is that bad of a deal, take those $7,000.00 as if you had been leasing the car.
Get the E55, you won't regret it, those options are great, specially the pano roof!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:41 PM

I don't think it is that bad of a deal, take those $7,000.00 as if you had been leasing the car.
Get the E55, you won't regret it, those options are great, specially the pano roof!
Exactly how I thought of it. If I were leasing (though, I did pay cash for the car) It would have been somewhere around that figure.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:37 AM

This has to be the most mysterious part MB has ever produced... It has NO part number. I even contacted AMG, Germany and they are confused .

As to your idea- Here is what I think u should do Muhri:

Sell the E class to your friend.. wait until the end of '04 and then go 4 the new 997 Porsche carrera (provided the Euro stays at a reasonable rate). Take it from me, most of us who bought the E55 did so because of the wife and kids which I think you do not have. ...Plus you are in your early 20s, if u don't drive a real sports car now, when will you ever???

Another word of advice: Do not spend too much money on exterior cosmetic modifications... You never enjoy it.... Its always other people who admires it... People who are looking at your car from the outside. If you want to experience and enjoy every minute of driving a car, go 4 performance modifications (engine, suspension, brakes, light body parts,..etc). This is where you feel rewarded for every buck you spent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that cosmetics changes are stupid. However, make it the last thing you spend your money on.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by hllatif
This has to be the most mysterious part MB has ever produced... It has NO part number. I even contacted AMG, Germany and they are confused .

According to Beng, he got it with his rear bumper. According to our lovely dealership, they never got one with the rear AMG bumper!!!! go figure.

As to your idea- Here is what I think u should do Muhri:

Sell the E class to your friend.. wait until the end of '04 and then go 4 the new 997 Porsche carrera (provided the Euro stays at a reasonable rate). Take it from me, most of us who bought the E55 did so because of the wife and kids which I think you do not have. ...Plus you are in your early 20s, if u don't drive a real sports car now, when will you ever???
Sure, I do not have kids now but I might later!!! How much will the 997 be? I am sure the wife wont agree with me regarding the porsche though!!

Another word of advice: Do not spend too much money on exterior cosmetic modifications... You never enjoy it.... Its always other people who admires it... People who are looking at your car from the outside. If you want to experience and enjoy every minute of driving a car, go 4 performance modifications (engine, suspension, brakes, light body parts,..etc). This is where you feel rewarded for every buck you spent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that cosmetics changes are stupid. However, make it the last thing you spend your money on.
I agree with you here.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:14 AM

If the wife doesnt agree!!!!!, find another one

Kids!!! By the time they reach an age were they require a full size rear seats your Porsche will be long gone

The New Porsche is expected to be priced at slightly less than the E55
Old 08-28-2003, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by hllatif
If the wife doesnt agree!!!!!, find another one

Kids!!! By the time they reach an age were they require a full size rear seats your Porsche will be long gone

The New Porsche is expected to be priced at slightly less than the E55
Will definitely consider it if I sell the car and go with the crazy idea
Old 08-31-2003, 06:21 AM

Lightbulb Found the part Number

Well, the stupid dealership had this black piece with an order for the AMG kit sitting in their workshop and did not know! So we went and took a look, low and behold - it has a part number - Its A 211 885 1325.

Now that's more like it, imagine an E55 owner who has this piece damaged or something, it did not make sense that he'd have to replace the whole bumper!! stupid parts people !!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:41 PM

Black insert in rear bumper

I performed the same mod as Bengolf. I originally drove around with it off (everything matching) and have recently decided to install it. Having both conditions for a while, I do prefer it installed (black). To me it makes the rear thinner, wider, and a bit taller.

Personal choice I guess..
Old 09-03-2003, 01:47 AM

Re: Black insert in rear bumper

Originally posted by vdimemmo
I performed the same mod as Bengolf. I originally drove around with it off (everything matching) and have recently decided to install it. Having both conditions for a while, I do prefer it installed (black). To me it makes the rear thinner, wider, and a bit taller.

Personal choice I guess..
Vdimemmo, I agree with you there. I like the look with the black peice installed. Now if they had installed black mesh ala SL55 it would have been much much nicer (like the front mesh)