W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Weistec CLK55

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
After some discussion we agreed to switch everything over to 55k setup/ECU so that we can delete the maf and tune based on speed density and since they already have a E55 file it will be much easier. Rcompart will be flying out weekend of June 29th to do this

Originally Posted by PACougar
Were you able to at least tune for wot? I'm interested to know how the power looked?
Unfortunately not. The car makes 10PSI with the big supercharger pulley
Originally Posted by MindBend
Went down to meet-up with all of those dudes...great group! I appreciated chatting with the mad scientists who "work behind the curtain" to make these evil beasts.

Steve was working feverishly on Amad's car. SO, Mike and I chatted it-up about my car and I learned some stuff along the way. As to not steal Amad's thread, I'm updating my own Weistec post later today or tomorrow. I've made some significant advancements since the last posting.

Good luck Amad! Yes, your car sounds downright bad-a$$. Mine sounds Saturn-like in comparison.
Thanks. I tid to quiet it down with two resonators but its still loud lol
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Wiestec is gone and tuning is unfinished.
Yes
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Does that mean you have to go elsewhere for a tune like have Jerry from Eurocharged do it, or are they going to remote tune from their office with you needing to keep renting a dyno?
I do not want to go elsewhere as this may lead to finger pointing if something goes wrong. I'd rather stay with one company.
Originally Posted by MindBend
I'll leave the details to Blackbenzz, but I can tell you that when I was there, they were working diligently on it, but had some issues not related to tuning. (like the ramp leading into the garage at such a steep angle that the cars bottom-out, resulting in a ruptured trunk-tank water line, getting booted off the dyno for other appts., etc.)!

My best guess is that it's simply a time/R&D issue: it's not fun to be fabricating parts, etc. during a tuning session. The wheel was not invented in a weekend. Now, it's precarious--blackbenzz with a car not running and Weistec with a frustration-matter. However, I can tell you from having met all parties involved, they are cool dudes, sharing a similar passion with gentleman-like demeanors.

I'm hoping for the best for all of them!
The trunk tank line was not ruptured, it just got pulled off. Quick fix. Also we were off the dyno for about an hour for the other car. In total my car was on the dyno for 14 hours. SRT did fabricate a bigger maf/intake in an hour. I am still working with Weistec to get this car tuned.
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Maybe the best solution would be to have the car shipped to Weistec.
This was a possibility.
Originally Posted by sergs99m3
Looks like Steve from Weistec has helped and worked graciously on your CLK. Usually you have to use parts that go along with the products that have been made ie: Injector O-rings. Can't use o-rings from a Toyota or Honda..... Damn crazy to hear that Steve flew out there to tune your car. How much did they charge you to do a custom Dyno Tuning?
Yes both Steve and Mike were nice enough to fly out and work on my CLK as we agreed upon prior to purchase. I was told to try the SLR injectors and wasn't aware that the o rings would have to be changed. FYI- my car is a mercedes so using mercedes o rings isn't like using Toyota or Honda o rings. Why is it crazy to hear they flew out? That was part of our agreement when I purchased the supercharger. I was to handle the hardware for fitting to a NA 55 motor and Weistec fly out and handle the tuning. They have a vested interest for having developed a file for NA 55 cars. You seem to be talking without having any idea what you're talking about. Please refrain from posting nonsense. I spent $1500 (discounted from $2000 because the shop owner felt bad for me and is also a friend) for dyno fees and maf/intake fabrication. I appreciate Weistec keeping their word on flying out and hopefully we will get this resolved soon.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Thanks for the update. Really cool project you have going. Always loved the CLK.... I'm not sure how a 55K ECU is going to play along with the rest of the car...I know little, well, almost nothing about aftermarket tuning but I was thinking maybe it's possible to tune with the MAF permanently disconnected...The ECU will go to it's fixed default values for the MAF, and on a stock setup the car would run normally this way, although the fuel mixture would not be perfect, that's where the tuning comes in. With a 55K ECU, it will be looking for many things your CLK does not have...The 208 chassis is comparable to a 210, not a 211, and the difference in design and electronic systems between these 2 generations is enormous. Just the DAS (drive authorization) aka, being able to start the engine, will be your first of many challenges.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 06-11-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Thanks for the update. Really cool project you have going. Always loved the CLK.... I'm not sure how a 55K ECU is going to play along with the rest of the car...I know little, well, almost nothing about aftermarket tuning but I was thinking maybe it's possible to tune with the MAF permanently disconnected...The ECU will go to it's fixed default values for the MAF, and on a stock setup the car would run normally this way, although the fuel mixture would not be perfect, that's where the tuning comes in. With a 55K ECU, it will be looking for many things your CLK does not have...The 208 chassis is comparable to a 210, not a 211, and the difference in design and electronic systems between these 2 generations is enormous. Just the DAS (drive authorization) aka, being able to start the engine, will be your first of many challenges.
Thanks. The car knows how much air is coming in based on the MAF, you can't tune it with the MAF disconnected. What will the 55k ECU look for that I don't have? Besides the sc clutch which is eliminated with the Weistec setup anyway. SCN coding will take care of the drive authorization. Rcompart has put a 55k in a crossfire so I'm sure he can handle this lol. He says it will run flawlessly
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
I wish I could say I'm glad you're moving up to a ECU setup for FI, it's too bad the 55K ECU's still suck Glad to hear you guys have come up with a solid plan!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
65 Chevelle Wagon w/ C5 frame, 08 ML63, 04 S600, 04 E55,(sold) 00 ML55,(sold) 98 C43-55K Swap
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
After some discussion we agreed to switch everything over to 55k setup/ECU so that we can delete the maf and tune based on speed density and since they already have a E55 file it will be much easier. Rcompart will be flying out weekend of June 29th to do this
Rudy and I were just talking about this for my c43 a few weeks ago. Dealing with me2.0 as you know sucks and is very limiting. Rudy's the man and he'll get it to work. I've been with MB 10 years and he knows the electronics better than any body I know.

Good luck with the build and look foreword to seeing the final numbers. The cars going to be a real beast.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I wish I could say I'm glad you're moving up to a ECU setup for FI, it's too bad the 55K ECU's still suck Glad to hear you guys have come up with a solid plan!
Haha true. I could have gone standalone but I'd like to keep everything functional and still pass emissions.
Originally Posted by stockC43
Rudy and I were just talking about this for my c43 a few weeks ago. Dealing with me2.0 as you know sucks and is very limiting. Rudy's the man and he'll get it to work. I've been with MB 10 years and he knows the electronics better than any body I know.

Good luck with the build and look foreword to seeing the final numbers. The cars going to be a real beast.
Luckily I have newer than ME2.0 and same ecu connectors as 55k (looks the same externally to me). Also already have a EGS52 in my car from Rudy for the 3.06 gears

Thanks, I hope it runs fast after all this investment! 9s or bust in the fall/winter
Old 06-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The car has been rewired by rcompart and now has a 55k ECU in it. Still getting a few codes that I hope are worked out with a tune (I'm told they are due to 82mm TB). No more MAF sensor, car runs off the MAP sensor now and has electronic bypass valve instead of mechanical. Car has brand new MAP sensor, CPS, cam sensor, etc. Waiting for Weistec to tune it. Not waiting much longer...

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-30-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
That sucks that they are not putting priority on this situation, they shouldn't have left until they got it right when they were there, why would someone want to buy their product when you see they don't care
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 PM

65 Chevelle Wagon w/ C5 frame, 08 ML63, 04 S600, 04 E55,(sold) 00 ML55,(sold) 98 C43-55K Swap
So everything is operating like factory? Starts with a key and ESP is happy? Looks like I have a new winter swap project for my c43 Your car will be one bad *** 208 after the tune
Old 06-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
So everything is operating like factory? Starts with a key and ESP is happy? Looks like I have a new winter swap project for my c43 Your car will be one bad *** 208 after the tune
Getting an ESP/ABS light and CEL. I was told ESP/ABS is due to a bad left rear speed sensor so I will replace it this week and see if it goes away. The CEL codes are for MAP sensor and idle too high. I'm told it's due to 82mm TB and tune will take care of the codes. The car also stays on like a diesel for a few seconds after I turn it off Also get malfunction for fan and other things in the instrument cluster. Keep in mind that your car will require alot more rewiring since you have an older ECU/harness. I'm hoping to have everything wrapped up this week

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-30-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Hope you get the rest of the kinks worked out and run a 9 on the track my friend! I'm rooting for ya!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Hope you get the rest of the kinks worked out and run a 9 on the track my friend! I'm rooting for ya!
Thanks Sun! Hope everything is well with you. Maybe in the fall/spring if everything works out.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM

Getting an ESP/ABS light and CEL. I was told ESP/ABS is due to a bad left rear speed sensor so I will replace it this week and see if it goes away. The CEL codes are for MAP sensor and idle too high. I'm told it's due to 82mm TB and tune will take care of the codes. The car also stays on like a diesel for a few seconds after I turn it off Also get malfunction for fan and other things in the instrument cluster. Keep in mind that your car will require alot more rewiring since you have an older ECU/harness. I'm hoping to have everything wrapped up this week
No doubt, but its a small step forward knowing that the older systems will talk to the newer ME 2.8. On paper it looked "to me" like it would work but its kinda one of those things where it's nice knowing its been done successfully.

Idle too high codes are usually from a vacuum leak or in the case of your car, yes probably the 82mm w/o a tune.

Btw, what are you doing for a fan? Using the AC fans only?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
No doubt, but its a small step forward knowing that the older systems will talk to the newer ME 2.8. On paper it looked "to me" like it would work but its kinda one of those things where it's nice knowing its been done successfully.

Idle too high codes are usually from a vacuum leak or in the case of your car, yes probably the 82mm w/o a tune.

Btw, what are you doing for a fan? Using the AC fans only?
Hopefully everything works flawlessly but there are some issues to take care of. I thought it would run perfectly but I will continue to update as I make progress and share what I find.

I sprayed everywhere with brake clean trying to find a vacuum leak. I will continue to look. The MAP sensor code worries me. It's a brand new sensor.

I have a custom fan and custom upper radiator hose. Nothing else fits. Thats why I get a fan malfunction warning in the cluster. The car came with a mechanical fan
Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by Hulk
That sucks that they are not putting priority on this situation, they shouldn't have left until they got it right when they were there, why would someone want to buy their product when you see they don't care
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

I think they bit off more than they can chew with this one.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Hulk
Maybe the car needs to shipped to Weistec? That way they can work on it without having to travel. They also have all the equipment and resources at their disposal.

That's what I did with my car.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 129 Likes on 98 Posts
2006 E55
I don't understand why the car can't be shipped to Weistec for them to finish the tuning and return back

Why do THEY have to travel? Ship the car there, let them do their thing, take their time and do it right once, and return to you. Sure, it may take longer, but it's worth the wait, right?

Am I missing something here? For a company running a business, it's not exactly ideal to travel to the customer's location (wherever that may be) to tune each individual car. To think that is the way it should be is simply illogical.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
We tried loading a file remotely yesterday but were unsuccessful. The ECU has been shipped to Weistec and hopefully the car will be running well soon.

Originally Posted by AMGSC
Maybe the car needs to shipped to Weistec? That way they can work on it without having to travel. They also have all the equipment and resources at their disposal.

That's what I did with my car.
That's great that you shipped your car to them. You haven't read the thread have you? We had an agreement prior to my purchase. I did all the legwork to make it fit/work mechanically and they would fly out and tune it. You benefit from the work I've done. Just like alot of work I have done in the past. After they flew out to tune and were unsuccessful I gave them the option to either have the car shipped to them or I swap to 55k ECU etc. They chose the later... So I did.
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
I don't understand why the car can't be shipped to Weistec for them to finish the tuning and return back

Why do THEY have to travel? Ship the car there, let them do their thing, take their time and do it right once, and return to you. Sure, it may take longer, but it's worth the wait, right?

Am I missing something here? For a company running a business, it's not exactly ideal to travel to the customer's location (wherever that may be) to tune each individual car. To think that is the way it should be is simply illogical.
Yes you're missing alot. Read the thread, or the cliff notes I just wrote above. It's illogical to get what you paid for and agreed to prior to purchase?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Cant wait to see this car this Fall when temps are cooler to run.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55, '12 C63
It's illogical to get what you paid for and agreed to prior to purchase?

So then sue them? You said you had an agreement with them to tune your car and they didn't fulfill the agreement to that end. Sue them.

You gave them the option to ship it to them or do the swap and you did the swap.

Everyone is jumping down Weistec's throat when it all seems fine to me. The agreement was broken but you modified it the way you wanted and it worked out. So what's the big deal?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Baronet1
So then sue them? You said you had an agreement with them to tune your car and they didn't fulfill the agreement to that end. Sue them.

You gave them the option to ship it to them or do the swap and you did the swap.

Everyone is jumping down Weistec's throat when it all seems fine to me. The agreement was broken but you modified it the way you wanted and it worked out. So what's the big deal?
It's clearly not all fine. In fact what exactly seems fine to you about the way they do business? Suing someone is a time consuming undertaking and I believe it would be a very last resort for anyone. Weistec has made a lot of mistakes with the release of the SC kit and they appear to still be making them, I've yet to see where they've been unfairly treated.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM

'05 E55, '12 C63
It's clearly not all fine. In fact what exactly seems fine to you about the way they do business? Suing someone is a time consuming undertaking and I believe it would be a very last resort for anyone. Weistec has made a lot of mistakes with the release of the SC kit and they appear to still be making them, I've yet to see where they've been unfairly treated.
here's the way I see it, you tell me if you agree or not and why:

1) OP contacted Weistec for the agreement. An agreement was made per the outlined above of what OP said and Weistec would fly to him and tune the car - all fine so far, we can agree, right?

2) Weistec did as the agreement said and flew out to the OP. It sounds like the OP did all the legwork (his choice?) and Weistec was to do the tuning. Still all fine, right?

3) Tuning time ran short/unsuccessful per the OP and Weistec had to return to their business. Prior to departure, OP modified granting the option of their initial agreement(was it verbal or written) that either the car would be shipped to Weistec to finish or OP would do the swap as he stated. Per the above, it sounds like an agreement was made and OP would do the swap. Still seems fine to me?
Things seem to have worked out unless everything isn't being told/truthful.

Where am I off base here?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

here's the way I see it, you tell me if you agree or not and why:

1) OP contacted Weistec for the agreement. An agreement was made per the outlined above of what OP said and Weistec would fly to him and tune the car - all fine so far, we can agree, right? Yes, this is true. However they first tried to back out of the agreement and get him to ship them the car.

2) Weistec did as the agreement said and flew out to the OP. It sounds like the OP did all the legwork (his choice?) and Weistec was to do the tuning. Still all fine, right? Yes true.

3) Tuning time ran short/unsuccessful per the OP and Weistec had to return to their business. Prior to departure, OP modified granting the option of their initial agreement(was it verbal or written) that either the car would be shipped to Weistec to finish or OP would do the swap as he stated. Per the above, it sounds like an agreement was made and OP would do the swap. Still seems fine to me? Not quite right, they told him they would be able to tune the car and they weren't able to do it. Ahmed changed the agreement because Weistec was able to fulfill their part and tune the car. The swap is done and now he's having trouble getting them to tune the car.
Things seem to have worked out unless everything isn't being told/truthful.

Where am I off base here?

Ahmed, I apologize if I'm mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong. Weistec had no problem taking his money and agreeing to do the work, he had to pressure them on the forum to finally show up as agreed to tune the car and now after he's spent thousands of dollars because they couldn't tune the car, he's still having trouble trying to get them to tune the car. If you think this is the way a company should do business, you've either been mistreated by everyone you've ever done business with or you have crappy business practices. I'm guessing the truth is you haven't read in detail this entire thread or the entirety of the other threads dealing with Weistec's current business practices.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 PM

'05 E55, '12 C63
I was under the impression it was a time constraint while they were there (i.e. getting back to running their business) and that's why they couldn't take more time. I did not realize other threads were made because they were not tuning his car or taking too long to get to his car to tune it.

oh, don't get me wrong, I am 100% in agreement that Weistec's business are not prudent.

What I understood from this thread was that everything was fine and dandy until the very end, where Weistec ran out of time (for one reason or another) and had to leave. And I read that the OP changed the tuning/ECU option on his own determination, not because of the other things going on.

Sorry for my confusion. Hope you get it resolved, OP.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was under the impression it was a time constraint while they were there (i.e. getting back to running their business) and that's why they couldn't take more time. I did not realize other threads were made because they were not tuning his car or taking too long to get to his car to tune it.

oh, don't get me wrong, I am 100% in agreement that Weistec's business are not prudent.

What I understood from this thread was that everything was fine and dandy until the very end, where Weistec ran out of time (for one reason or another) and had to leave. And I read that the OP changed the tuning/ECU option on his own determination, not because of the other things going on.

Sorry for my confusion. Hope you get it resolved, OP.
I think if they couldn't finish simply because they ran out of time they would have agreed to have him ship the car done there instead of migrating to the M113K ECU. I believe the animosity in this community towards Weistec has a lot to do with the numerous people that are having problems with them when it comes to this SC kit. If it was just this special case it would be a different story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Weistec CLK55