Redbulljnky is my guardian angel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Talking Redbulljnky is my guardian angel

This past weekend my gf and I decided to travel up from Key West to Miami (3 hours) to hang in Miami area for a few days. We got up there Friday morning and everything was good until Saturday morning. I get my car back from Valet and the red light of death is on (battery low visit workshop).

We go out for the day but it was fine, it had went away so we carry on then make it back to the hotel later in the day. We had plans to meet up with Elliot (Redbulljnky) and his wife at the Hardrock in Hollywood about 30 minutes north of our downtown Miami hotel Saturday night. The time comes and once again we get the car back and the battery light is on so now I am worried so we turn off the a/c, radio etc to pull as little power as possible ans go on our way.

We make it up and sit to wait for Elliot. At this time I turned car off and try to restart but it wouldn't so I am freaking out since we were traveling back the next day which was also a Sunday so most likely little support from shops if I needed it. I had replaced my voltage regulator not to long ago when the battery light came on before and everything was good since then. Also at that time I bought a new battery control module but kept it in the trunk uninstalled due to the regulator fixing the problem before. I decided to install it in the parking garage and pray that was the new problem and hoped that the car would start again after letting it sit for a while. It did but still had only 11.2 volts showing.

At this point Elliot had shown up and shortly after another member Bob (Yacht Master) met us as well. We all talk about what to do and I am wanting to buy a new battery thinking maybe I have a bad cell or something which looking back now didn't even make sense, since the car was only charging at 11.2 so it was charge system related. Bob at the time said I am sad to say but pretty sure it is your alternator but I wanted a battery anyway.

We all hop in Elliot's vehicle and head to the local MB parts store, the nearest Walmart, and they had the battery I needed. Get back, get it installed and still no good. It has sunk in I am kind of screwed now. At this point Elliot tells me if I want it I can have his alternator from his car that is currently at Rage-tek. We leave the car and go in to the Hardrock for the night. It gets late so the gf and I check out around 3am while the others go on to the next spot. The car started and I race back the 30 miles south to the hotel. The next morning comes and I am calling every parts store around all telling me they don't have an alternator and it would be several days to get.

At this point I text Elliot figuring he is sleeping since he was out later than us and we didn't get home until around 4am. Not to long after he responds and starts contacting Nemo the owner of Rage-tek to get it set up to swap alternators. At this point I think there is hope, and a little later Elliot responds saying Nemo was in church but would help when he gets out soon. I am super relieved at this point and get ready to head 30 min north again where the shop is located.

I have my tool bag so I decided to tear my car apart in the parking lot to get ready and Nemo showed up about the same time to open his shop fresh from church with family in his car waiting. He whips off his church shirt and goes to town on Elliot's alternator then helps me finish mine. Elliot showed up at this point to help as well and we get it taken care of. Car is running at 13.8 volts again so I am happy and I can continue my trip for shopping the traveling back home. We all part ways and all is good.

I am so thankful that Elliot was there and could help, he in the past gave me his supercharger belt when mine broke at about 2am one night in Miami when I needed to travel several hours home still.

So I need to send out a big thanks to Elliot and also Nemo from Rage-tek for opening his shop in Davie, Fl to help on a Sunday.

Last edited by urbamworm; 04-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Nice post and a Good Friend indeed!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
RBJ, shot brotha Clearly not just a fair-weather friend.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Always good to hear forum members turning into friends and helping each other out. I'm glad you know what the issue is now and got it sorted.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
awesome!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Hey this is great to hear, and I wish more people were like this. Kudo's to RBJ, and Nemo.

I had a similar problem and I was furtunate that I was with Bruce (TTM). The beast wasn't charging and it wasn't the voltage reg, the alt had to be replaced also.

Last edited by kompressede; 04-16-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: nemo too
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Good to have friends to help out when you are in a bind. I guess I better hold in to my alternator that I bought when I had the red battery message. Lucky for me it was the bcm, aux battery, front relay and bolt regulator that had to be replaced. But the last thing tha made the message go away as bcm change.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
E is da man
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
Nice to see stuff like this happens.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
hes def a cool/chill dude...... always down to help
Old 04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
nice!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
The camaraderie among the E55 owners is amazing! Knowledgeable, and saving some time and money.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Damn, that was really cool of those guys. Glad it all worked out.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
he is a cool as dude for sheezy
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
The camaraderie among the E55 owners is amazing! Knowledgeable, and saving some time and money.
I was gonna say I'm regularly amazed at how many good people own these cars that will go out of their way to help a fellow owner. These cars can be a handful for even fairly knowledgeable owners and the community working with each other so well really makes these amazing cars that much better to own.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
He is good people for sure!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Charger Hellcat
RBJ is a cool *** dude,he will definitely help out an E brotha in need.. He has helped me out a couple of times with advice and info and it is always a pleasure to him..
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm
This past weekend my gf and I decided to travel up from Key West to Miami (3 hours) to hang in Miami area for a few days. We got up there Friday morning and everything was good until Saturday morning. I get my car back from Valet and the red light of death is on (battery low visit workshop).

We go out for the day but it was fine, it had went away so we carry on then make it back to the hotel later in the day. We had plans to meet up with Elliot (Redbulljnky) and his wife at the Hardrock in Hollywood about 30 minutes north of our downtown Miami hotel Saturday night. The time comes and once again we get the car back and the battery light is on so now I am worried so we turn off the a/c, radio etc to pull as little power as possible ans go on our way.

We make it up and sit to wait for Elliot. At this time I turned car off and try to restart but it wouldn't so I am freaking out since we were traveling back the next day which was also a Sunday so most likely little support from shops if I needed it. I had replaced my voltage regulator not to long ago when the battery light came on before and everything was good since then. Also at that time I bought a new battery control module but kept it in the trunk uninstalled due to the regulator fixing the problem before. I decided to install it in the parking garage and pray that was the new problem and hoped that the car would start again after letting it sit for a while. It did but still had only 11.2 volts showing.

At this point Elliot had shown up and shortly after another member Bob (Yacht Master) met us as well. We all talk about what to do and I am wanting to buy a new battery thinking maybe I have a bad cell or something which looking back now didn't even make sense, since the car was only charging at 11.2 so it was charge system related. Bob at the time said I am sad to say but pretty sure it is your alternator but I wanted a battery anyway.

We all hop in Elliot's vehicle and head to the local MB parts store, the nearest Walmart, and they had the battery I needed. Get back, get it installed and still no good. It has sunk in I am kind of screwed now. At this point Elliot tells me if I want it I can have his alternator from his car that is currently at Rage-tek. We leave the car and go in to the Hardrock for the night. It gets late so the gf and I check out around 3am while the others go on to the next spot. The car started and I race back the 30 miles south to the hotel. The next morning comes and I am calling every parts store around all telling me they don't have an alternator and it would be several days to get.

At this point I text Elliot figuring he is sleeping since he was out later than us and we didn't get home until around 4am. Not to long after he responds and starts contacting Nemo the owner of Rage-tek to get it set up to swap alternators. At this point I think there is hope, and a little later Elliot responds saying Nemo was in church but would help when he gets out soon. I am super relieved at this point and get ready to head 30 min north again where the shop is located.

I have my tool bag so I decided to tear my car apart in the parking lot to get ready and Nemo showed up about the same time to open his shop fresh from church with family in his car waiting. He whips off his church shirt and goes to town on Elliot's alternator then helps me finish mine. Elliot showed up at this point to help as well and we get it taken care of. Car is running at 13.8 volts again so I am happy and I can continue my trip for shopping the traveling back home. We all part ways and all is good.

I am so thankful that Elliot was there and could help, he in the past gave me his supercharger belt when mine broke at about 2am one night in Miami when I needed to travel several hours home still.

So I need to send out a big thanks to Elliot and also Nemo from Rage-tek for opening his shop in Davie, Fl to help on a Sunday.

Wow!

Gaurdian angel?

Im not an angel by a long shot. But my car would have never done what it's done if it wasn't for the members on this forum.So I try to give back every chance I get.

I really do enjoy meeting other members and making friends. Lord knows I got enough enemies. Besides, I could always use an excuse to party with some one.

And for the record, every time I've broken something on my car, David has called or text me to see if I needed anything. I tip my hat to you as well!

Here are a couple pics from that night.

And Thank You to every one for all the kind words.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Haha, ok angel might have been to much.

And what is up with my eyes??!!

Oh got a replacement on the way, then will send it your way, well Nemo's I guess.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm

And what is up with my eyes??!!

Oh got a replacement on the way, then will send it your way, well Nemo's I guess.
The Hardrock brings out the demon in everyone.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
RBJ is DA man!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Very cool!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Elliott is a good dude
Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
RBJ is DA man!
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Very cool!!!
Originally Posted by FASN8N
Elliott is a good dude
Thanks fellas!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
+100, what everybody says, Elliot is the man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Redbulljnky is my guardian angel