Chiller Killer vs. Meth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by Qmax03
Do you guys have a Picture of where you are mounting the Nozzles ? ( dual Nozzle ) - Also where can we get a Boost reading from ?
I posted some in a different thread about meth and cooling. I forgot which one. I'll get then when I get home. I'm at the beach right now.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
I posted some in a different thread about meth and cooling. I forgot which one. I'll get then when I get home. I'm at the beach right now.
What nozzles size in cc did you use?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55K AMG Wagon
That does it for me 72 RWHP I need to get my kit fitted!

I have a real drop off at 5500 rpm
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Thanks for the input, can you see any issues with me using the dad's tank which is already installed as my meth tank?
thanks,
that would work fine as meth tank but over time will corrode (long time probably) ....or you can keep your current setup and use your windshield washer resevoir as meth tank as that is what most of us in the audi world that run meth do, plus then you have a third failsafe (outside of the meth kits failsafes) to know when your meth is low as the "low washer fluid" warning light will come on.

Eit-- opps see a few people already said what i said... lol great minds think a like, i just have ADD and dont read everything lol

Last edited by gaspam; 05-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 169 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
FYI Joe just posted a GB on the other planet for the KC $650

I will join more in this duscussion later with my car having both the KC and meth. I lost my dyno before the meth but do have the graph with it installed.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
200mm pulley is a barn burner for sure. The factory i/c is not capable of keeping up with that amount of heat, regardless of how cold the water temp is starting at. That said, I agree with all the responses to invest in a good meth/water system.

OT- your low end torque must be insane!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My setup is listed in my sig but here are some finer points. Cooling system is split, no other tank than the BMW resv., no HE, Meziere pump, KC and Snow Performance 50/50 meth dual nozzle.

Cruising temps around town in 80* weather is around 52*-60*. Hwy temps while cruising at 80mph can reach about 80*, due in part to I know I need more capacity. More capacity would certainly help in getting back down after blast to 140mph when in Mexico.

Now of course I now run a 195 pulley, this was never the case with my previous 180. So anything bigger than a 180 is really the breaking point I feel for the KC before you need to really add meth. Once I got the car back over the winter the 195 and KC were just fine but as it got warmer in Feb I could start to see when it reaches 80*+ I would need more top end cooling and didn't really want to add a tank.

I am now to the point that I do still feel a tank is needed to help ensure the best overall cooling. Could this be overkill for me? Perhaps as I only drive it on the weekends and even then its just around town with 1 -2 blast down in Mexico to stretch the legs on her. I have seen my torque app show 134* max from a 80mph kick to 140mph. Again 134* is not bad but its the higher IATs due to the lack of capacity in my system that then kills me after getting back down to 80mph. At that point it will sit around 90* or so, of course tip the throttle and the meth will kick in and drop it down to 60*so not the biggest of deals. The 134* reading on the torque app again is just a peak and since it is slow to update and since the meth turns on at 8psi I don't think its even that high while spraying, evidence shown in the dyno charts below. As soon as I let off it will read 90* or so I feel that is more accurate to a point. Oh I also used the washer fluid bottle up front as my meth tank. Like everyone else stated capacity is good about 2g if you have the headlight washers and the best thing really is the low wash fluid level message on the dash, when that comes on you have about 1/2 gal remaining of meth.

I don't have the chart from before the meth install, as I lost the paper copy I had and BIP lost the file. However the numbers pre-meth install were 468/575, after as my sig states 506/668, so a gain of 38/93. Yes the torque number blew me away, and this was on a Dyno Dynamics.

I still have the small SC pulley, as I was going to add it to my org 180 setup but moved to the 195 instead. As such it is just sitting at BIP and feel I may have them install it along with a trunk tank for giggles. Don't really need it and not sure it will really give a great increase but since I want a trunk tank and already have the smaller pulley there anyway why not.

I have only been to the track 1x with my car and that was with a 180, Renntech airbox, and the KC, and the car had no problem running back to back runs in the span of 3min or so. My best time on my street 19s was 11.79 with a 1.7 60ft at 121mph, after that the track prep sucked and I couldn't get traction. Since the upgrades I haven't been to the track and don't have the urge to really go, as I know my car is likely a low 11s on streets and high 10s on drags, and don't need the slip to prove it. I just like to have a very powerful 4dr Benz that surprises the hell out of people and looks killer.

Overall I don't think you can go wrong on either the KC or meth it just depends on what you want and the pulley size you are really running. I would say 180 or less a KC is great all around, just maybe add a small tank 2-3 gallons. If you step up the bigger pulleys then you need to add the meth, well at least that was my journey and from my experience seems a good path.

Sorry for the extremely long post but if should provide some good info as I am not sure how many people run a KC or meth let alone the KC and meth together. I doubt I am the first.

Dyno KC and meth:
HP and TQ

HP and IATs

Last edited by black06c230; 05-18-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is the thread BIP started when they were doing the meth install on my car.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-iat-data.html
Old 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
All this talk about adding meth is REALLY making me think this is the direction I should go as well.. Sounds like it really helps uptop..
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
What nozzles size in cc did you use?
Nozzle sizes are 300cc and here's where they are at with no tune for meth.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Elliot, I am trying to figure out how your car sees low or should I say stable intake temps when your jets are after the intake temp sensor. I know I have seen that pic before but never really thought about it, the sensor is right after the intercooler by the bypass valve before the Y coming out of intercooler and you are after all of that up in the surge tanks inlets.

So it seems like the car wouldn't know it was getting cooler intake temps since the sensor would still see high temps and pull timing even though the cylinders are getting cooler temps from the cooled down intake air temps of the meth downstream of the sensor. You have actually logged the car and seen temps stay down and not rise a lot? So weird.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Elliot, I am trying to figure out how your car sees low or should I say stable intake temps when your jets are after the intake temp sensor. I know I have seen that pic before but never really thought about it, the sensor is right after the intercooler by the bypass valve before the Y coming out of intercooler and you are after all of that up in the surge tanks inlets.

So it seems like the car wouldn't know it was getting cooler intake temps since the sensor would still see high temps and pull timing even though the cylinders are getting cooler temps from the cooled down intake air temps of the meth downstream of the sensor. You have actually logged the car and seen temps stay down and not rise a lot? So weird.
It's simple........there is no tune for it.

I'll get the dyno of the before and after the install of meth. We did not change anything. That way when I run out of meth (which I've done on the street and the track) it won't dump fuel. No fail safe needed. The car doesn't know if its there or not. But believe me it cools the car perfectly.

The only time I've had timing change from knock was at the track at the beginning of the run. After we cooled the car and loaded it with ice it thought it was too cold and pulled timing on the bottom end only.

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 05-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.