W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAS6201 E55 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by pas6201
There is a local guy with a CLS550 that swapped the CLS55 motor in it but kept the 7 speed transmission. He is running flawless with no errors.
When is your car going to be done
Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
^^ x2 on that one. What exactly is the hold up? I figure if one bolt was tightened per day, one weld made on every other day then with all this time it would still be done.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
The tuning is the hold up I would guess
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by StuttgartAMG
Who?
Which transmission code?
Wiring?
Retrofit including Park-by-wire?
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...r-houston.html

idk, but Ted at M-Power in Houston did it.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 03 e46 M3 (sold), 05 E55 (build is on), 03 Escalade (going to sell)
Originally Posted by emoving
When is your car going to be done
Wish I knew!!!!!

Tuning isn't the issue because the car hasn't been started up. The shop has the run file to get it started. I will make some calls next week and see what is up.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know what the hold up is and it has nothing to do with the shop.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Are you guys (EC) partnering with IPS ???
Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Pjnash
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...r-houston.html

idk, but Ted at M-Power in Houston did it.

Yes, but has anyone transplanted a 7G transmission *into* a 55K car? Such as putting a 7G transmission into an E55. As far as I know, no one has done that.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 346 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
I didn't hear that as well, but I'm assuming that can be done,

there are some N/A M113’s models like (E500/CLS500/S500/SLK55), with 7G,

for swapping, it needs to put an ECU from any of those models,

and reprogramme it with an E55K eprom/map, and make a new adaptation for the TCU/EGS53,,

and of course need to replace the drive shaft as (according to the different length of 7G housing),

i think this is all steps for 7G swap....!!

ZAYED,,
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Upgrading to a 7G transmission would be amazing, as the slush box 5 speed is my only real complaint about the E55.

Now someone just needs to do it, and they'll have a line of people wanting it done.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I asked the same question about 7g trans for M113K. Blackbenz said it's been done already and works fine.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emoving
I know what the hold up is and it has nothing to do with the shop.
So what you are saying is it is the customer's fault the car isn't done yet? Care to elaborate on that? I didn't realize that the shop wasn't the one building this car but instead someone else was, I mean how else could it not be the peoples fault who have the car sitting in their garage that the car is not done. I drop my car off at a shop to have something done, they do the work, I pick up the car and give them money. Are they waiting to be supplied with parts they don't have?

Last edited by urbamworm; 10-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I will let other elaborate.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Originally Posted by urbamworm
give them money. Are they waiting to be supplied with parts they don't have?
I would guess cash??? Guess some money needs to get paid before some of the other work is completed. Esp based of Marcus' statements since I think he lives close to the shop.

Not to offend Paul but I would know the status with so much money at stake that he is spending.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 03 e46 M3 (sold), 05 E55 (build is on), 03 Escalade (going to sell)
Originally Posted by black06c230
I would guess cash??? Guess some money needs to get paid before some of the other work is completed. Esp based of Marcus' statements since I think he lives close to the shop.

Not to offend Paul but I would know the status with so much money at stake that he is spending.
I know the status of the car. Just trying not to blast things open on the forum and be professional. Once you post some things on the forum they can't be taken back. But we will be talking this week with them.

Oh and Marcus doesn't just live close to shop shop. He is very good friends with the owner of IPS and hangs out with him. I won't say much more about that but doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
I know the status of the car. Just trying not to blast things open on the forum and be professional. Once you post some things on the forum they can't be taken back. But we will be talking this week with them.

Oh and Marcus doesn't just live close to shop shop. He is very good friends with the owner of IPS and hangs out with him. I won't say much more about that but doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.
Fair enough. Its your thing and not trying to make anything big. I hope it turns out well cause I would love turbos on mine!! Between you and Elliot I will be super jealous.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Why even post on status of the build ?? When u can just ask the owner who is a close friend ?!! Hmm Paul good to keep things professional.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your correct, I live close and I am good friends with Stass. That has nothing to do with anything. I have not said much. I would like to see the car done as much as anyone here, you and Stass. But its really not fair for you to keep saying you will be calling the shop to get answers. Almost as if you are blaming them. I think it is just time to get it done. In the beginning it was non-stop updates, and while I realize you have your shop to run now, this needs finished as well.

Last edited by emoving; 10-20-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh and one more thing, my friendship with them is what got you hooked up with them after you PMd me you wanted to do so to offer your car for the build. So unfortunately, I have a little stake in this.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Ok enough drama - post updates when u guys figure it out :-)
Old 10-20-2013, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Toadster
Ok enough drama - post updates when u guys figure it out :-)

Ohhh man, Toadster the voice of reason. Unfortunately I have to agree, lets get this thing done.

Last edited by emoving; 10-20-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
I think everyone's waiting on 1 of these to get done, I know I am.... These are GREAT builds and are pushing the envelope of this platform... I just Hope they work out as planned, and for all involved Great Job....
Old 10-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
08 Vito, 10 SL63, 15 SL400, 17 SL450
So what you are saying is it is the customer's fault the car isn't done yet? Care to elaborate on that? I didn't realize that the shop wasn't the one building this car but instead someone else was, I mean how else could it not be the peoples fault who have the car sitting in their garage that the car is not done. I drop my car off at a shop to have something done, they do the work, I pick up the car and give them money. Are they waiting to be supplied with parts they don't have?
well we are in the different situation. in the situations where customer comes to us and he wants us to build xyz, we pretty much schedule it in and work on it. when we are looking for a car to R&D, we do it at our own pace and under whatever circumstances. this is not the only car at the shop. i think you all forget that it is not Paul that came to us for twin kit, we are the ones who were looking for a car to R&D on. that car will be done when it's done. hopefully sooner, than later. it should be done no later than end of the month, but hopefully sooner.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by black06c230

I don't see why there should be money paid for a build that isn't done, especially when it was early on advertised as something to be a under $10k setup, we aren't talking about some asinine $100k twin turbo built engine Gallardo project. To further hit on that, a project that the shop wanted to pursue to add to their lineup of options available would make me believe it is further on them.

I could maybe understand some smaller size deposit at the beginning but to expect money part way through doesn't sound right to me. If they need money then finish the car, plain and simple. You don't get paid until you are done, period. You don't drop your car off at the paint shop, they paint your hood and front doors and then stop and say we need more money then we will paint the trunk and back doors. You don't go to a restaurant and eat dinner then they tell you to give them some money before they will bring you desert.

All this sounds irrelevant though reading their response of it not taking priority because it was a R&D project and not a standard customer build, so that is why it isn't finished, not because they want money before they finish the product.

Originally Posted by 3kgtSL91
well we are in the different situation. in the situations where customer comes to us and he wants us to build xyz, we pretty much schedule it in and work on it. when we are looking for a car to R&D, we do it at our own pace and under whatever circumstances. this is not the only car at the shop. i think you all forget that it is not Paul that came to us for twin kit, we are the ones who were looking for a car to R&D on. that car will be done when it's done. hopefully sooner, than later. it should be done no later than end of the month, but hopefully sooner.

Ok, so the car just had a lot of work done fast in the beginning and then was pushed to the side to take care of other stuff with it not being as much of a priority since it was a new venture (R&D) and not so much a standard build for you guys.

It threw me off personally because there were so many updates fairly quickly like I would honestly expect to see and then pretty much nothing other than little tiny things here and there such as the recent little dinky aluminum bracket for a pump.

Hopefully there aren't any major issues not being shown on the surface, you guys get the car finished and then the customer comes and picks up the car and pays for the work when you have it done. It is a little bit of a shame that the shop and this car were in the spot light with something people have wanted to see done for a long time and now there seems to be a little drama happening. Stuff like this puts a bad taste in peoples mouth of not wanting to get anything major done to their vehicle.

I hope it all works out in the end and everyone from both sides is happy, and that you guys can then have something to offer to the Mercedes community and gain some new customers while doing so.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
08 Vito, 10 SL63, 15 SL400, 17 SL450
I don't see why there should be money paid for a build that isn't done, especially when it was early on advertised as something to be a under $10k setup, we aren't talking about some asinine $100k twin turbo built engine Gallardo project. To further hit on that, a project that the shop wanted to pursue to add to their lineup of options available would make me believe it is further on them.

I could maybe understand some smaller size deposit at the beginning but to expect money part way through doesn't sound right to me. If they need money then finish the car, plain and simple. You don't get paid until you are done, period. You don't drop your car off at the paint shop, they paint your hood and front doors and then stop and say we need more money then we will paint the trunk and back doors. You don't go to a restaurant and eat dinner then they tell you to give them some money before they will bring you desert.

All this sounds irrelevant though reading their response of it not taking priority because it was a R&D project and not a standard customer build, so that is why it isn't finished, not because they want money before they finish the product.

Ok, so the car just had a lot of work done fast in the beginning and then was pushed to the side to take care of other stuff with it not being as much of a priority since it was a new venture (R&D) and not so much a standard build for you guys.

It threw me off personally because there were so many updates fairly quickly like I would honestly expect to see and then pretty much nothing other than little tiny things here and there such as the recent little dinky aluminum bracket for a pump.

Hopefully there aren't any major issues not being shown on the surface, you guys get the car finished and then the customer comes and picks up the car and pays for the work when you have it done. It is a little bit of a shame that the shop and this car were in the spot light with something people have wanted to see done for a long time and now there seems to be a little drama happening. Stuff like this puts a bad taste in peoples mouth of not wanting to get anything major done to their vehicle.
all i can say is that every shop is different. every shop has it's own policies. not that it pertains to this case, but we do require all clients to pay for parts upfront and if it's a long term build than labor is collected weekly / bi-weekly. if your shop fronts you the money for your builds, it is up to them. we try not to do that. if i have to front the money for every big build in the shop, i'll probably be out some high 6 digits numbers right away.

as for the attention to details, this is how we do things, we do it the right way or not do it at all. sometimes it takes awhile to get parts back, machine shop that was doing the brackets took awhile to get them done, but that is beyond my control. this is why there is an r&d stage, to figure out the bugs/procedures so once the product is released, customers wouldn't have to wait for months and months for products to be shipped.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PAS6201 E55 Build Thread