turndown mirrors when in reverse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
turndown mirrors when in reverse

ok - I found this weird problem, when I put my car in reverse the passenger side mirror moves so I can see the curb when reversing, but it doesn't right itself when going into drive, it stays in the down position - but I can use the mirror switch to move it in all directions no problem

the driver's side doesn't tilt down at all, but it also can be moved using the mirror switch...

what the heck? any ideas?

Last edited by Toadster; 06-21-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
No idea why it does re adjust after the fact but, u can turn it off in the Convenience settings in the LCD cluster
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
This is normal when using the reverse function, as long as the passenger side mirror button is selected. Your owner's manual actually tells you how to set where it aims when lowering.

Also, it waits approximately 10 seconds after putting the car back in drive before moving back to the normal preset location. If the mirror never returns to position, then a mirror module may be going bad or somethign may need to be reset at the dealer.

Originally Posted by AMG E Power
No idea why it does re adjust after the fact but, u can turn it off in the Convenience settings in the LCD cluster
Or just make sure the driver's mirror is selected when reversing, that way you only use the feature when you want to.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Mine needs 10 seconds in drive and moving forward to return.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
yes, I know that it can be turned on/off in the cluster - just doesn't return to normal

Originally Posted by HeissRod
This is normal when using the reverse function, as long as the passenger side mirror button is selected. Your owner's manual actually tells you how to set where it aims when lowering.

Also, it waits approximately 10 seconds after putting the car back in drive before moving back to the normal preset location. If the mirror never returns to position, then a mirror module may be going bad or somethign may need to be reset at the dealer.

Or just make sure the driver's mirror is selected when reversing, that way you only use the feature when you want to.
this is what I'm thinking, maybe the module is going bad? would be replacing the AUX battery cause this to need a reset like the windows and pano-roof?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
If it doesn't return, You should be able to just press the driver side mirror button, and that should do it.

Auxiliary battery replacement has not effect to the mirrors/windows/sunroof needing to be re-normalized. Auxiliary battery is strictly for SBC function in case of an electrical systems failure.

Thirdly, there is no specific mirror module. The mirror passes through the door control module. If there was a problem present, you would check there first.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Toadster
ok - I found this weird problem, when I put my car in reverse the passenger side mirror moves so I can see the curb when reversing, but it doesn't right itself when going into drive, it stays in the down position - but I can use the mirror switch to move it in all directions no problem

the driver's side doesn't tilt down at all, but it also can be moved using the mirror switch...

what the heck? any ideas?
Confused?

Surprised its not in your "read me first" sig link considering you did all that STFF'ng to uncover all those tidbits.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Confused?

Surprised its not in your "read me first" sig link considering you did all that STFF'ng to uncover all those tidbits.

yah, I'm surprised you're not more helpful... some 'super' you are eh?

LOL