MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
maybe bruce is selling his inventory at a discounted price
Old 07-27-2013, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Ya he's got 0 feedback on eBay. I'm sure he's a trusted seller though.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 GLS 63 AMG, '08 S65 AMG
Even high mile '09s (first year for the second gen - ignore the first gen 02004-2007 -Vs, and there were no '08 -Vs) are still mid-30s. All 2nd gen -Vs have the magnetorheological dampers and the LSA 6.2L supercharged V8 so other than color options and very minor changes, plus the addition of the coupe and wagon in '11 I don't think there are huge compelling reasons to go with one year over another.

In short, they're a killer value (and vastly more reliable and easier to mod than these beasts.) With that said don't get scammed by idiots on CL or Ebay. My G8 GXP sold for $30k with 150 less hp than the CTS-V, so if it looks too good to be true, well...
Old 07-28-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: Cadillac CTS-V (V2), Chevy Cruze Past: E55k
Even high mile '09s (first year for the second gen - ignore the first gen 02004-2007 -Vs, and there were no '08 -Vs) are still mid-30s. All 2nd gen -Vs have the magnetorheological dampers and the LSA 6.2L supercharged V8 so other than color options and very minor changes, plus the addition of the coupe and wagon in '11 I don't think there are huge compelling reasons to go with one year over another.

In short, they're a killer value (and vastly more reliable and easier to mod than these beasts.) With that said don't get scammed by idiots on CL or Ebay. My G8 GXP sold for $30k with 150 less hp than the CTS-V, so if it looks too good to be true, well...
I agree 100%
Old 07-28-2013, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by berti_00
David you bought that silver one??? Damm that thing sounds scarry lol I just didn't like the idle sound. Like a muscle car with open headers
Yes, I will be picking it up Tuesday.

Originally Posted by 60nomad
Wait a minute...I am confused...URB: You bought the silver V with 664rwhp? I sent you a PM if you didn't buy that one.
Spoke with you through pm.

Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
I think that what he meant when he said he's flying up there tuesday to pick it up!
Yep

I was at OSW tonight with a buddy and his black 09 V. He's still running the stock blower and had it pullied as hard as it can spin. Ran three times with a worst of 10.82@130.8 and a best of 10.71@132.96 in Florida in mid July! These times were on 18" drag radials
He didn't get kicked out? That is one thing I have been wondering about, first time I go to Gainesville Raceway I wonder how fast before they boot me or let me keep going? I know they changed the rules for street cars of 2009 and newer but not sure if they let it slide if they are modded or have to be stock.

Originally Posted by Hotsoss
It did sound like it was gone to idle off for a split second there. If I was purchasing that car I would consider de-camming the car engine a little for smoother idle quality.
I will see how I feel about the cam when I have it and go from there. I was a little iffy on a big cam but then at times I think they sound sick, so we will see. I may port the blower down the road where guys are picking up 40whp along with ported snout and throttle body and then maybe run a little more mild cam if it was to much.

I am also getting the stock mufflers in case I want to throw those on an it would hide the cam more too as well as quiet the car down a little bit.

I laugh and am like damn that sounds sick every time I see this video. The cam in that thing is bad ***.

Last edited by urbamworm; 07-28-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E550
I traded my 2007 Vette on an 2008 Cadillac STS 39 month lease (my first and last lease), the one word of caution I will share, is that at least my car was plagued with computer issues. Not engine management, but failure to remote start (70% of the time), forgotten memory settings. Several times, I had to shut the car off and restart to get the XM radio to show on the touch screen. The dealer was always polite, but I got tired of taking it in. 3 weeks before the lease return, I went to oopen the drivers door, and sliced my finger on the handle. Plastic handle with "chrome" plating, on a $55,000.00 car?

Perhaps you get better quality components on the V series. I know I prefer my lightly used 2008 E550, over the same year Cadillac.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
You guys like that sound ? for real ?
I could never bare if my car sounded like that , it really seems like my lawnmower starting up.

Or it is made to sound like that only on the track and daily driving sound is more refined ?

I understand most guys here are all for the 9 second slip but I do not think
I can ever look at a Caddy the same way I look at a Benz

They do offer bling and the up beat appeal and fast and what not but

I just don't know how I'd be able to make up my mind and think that Caddy is equivalent or better than Benz.

David and others who are buying Caddy, please don't take any offense - I wish you unlimited happy miles, I'm just stating if it came down to me I'd never go for a Caddy

Albeit they are fast and rape me in a race but at the end of a day I'd be in a Benz lol or is that saying too old now ? lol

Congrats though
Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM

I think this V is running long tubes through a Corsa competition cat back exhaust w/ a mild LS9 type of cam. This car sounds killer!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM

Forgot link lol

Old 07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by viren.89
You guys like that sound ? for real ?
I could never bare if my car sounded like that , it really seems like my lawnmower starting up.
That is because you may not be a performance enthusiast per say, and are more just for a look and/or brand name, that is my take. Most "performance minded" or "muscle car" guys would/will cream over a V8 with a cam loap. Even with my E55 which has a loud exhaust with headers, no cats and different mufflers people comment on the rumbling exhaust. To me saying that V sounds like a lawnmower is kind of ridiculous. There are plenty of Mercedes owners who like the sound of a bigger cam.

I understand most guys here are all for the 9 second slip but I do not think
I can ever look at a Caddy the same way I look at a Benz
Why not?

They do offer bling and the up beat appeal and fast and what not but

I just don't know how I'd be able to make up my mind and think that Caddy is equivalent or better than Benz.
What exactly is not equivalent or better? I am not saying one is better than the other, I love my E55 but it isn't like the E55 is some great no problems car, it isn't like the E55 makes insane power that others can't make, the V handles better also and in my opinion the interior is nice in the V also. So I am just curious why you think that? I could not judge one against the other and just toss the V to the curb.

My E55 has had all kinds of problems, voltage regulator, later down the road the alternator, crank position sensor, the sunroof/sunshade motor gears stripping out, a self leveling motor on headlight, license plate lights quit working, keyless go door handles quit working, valve body in transmission locking up in a gear, and one or two other things. People have all the air suspension problems, sounds kind of like a piece of **** don't it? And it is all expensive to fix too, so I don't see why you think the Benz is leagues above. Kind of just sounds like all your care about is a name brand.

It doesn't make insane power which the V can easily do, and the guys who do make more power but still not quite V territory only do it on race gas with a cold engine with tank full of ice or meth injection, etc. on cool/cold days for one run then lose power. The can do 700whp on the stock 1.9 liter supercharger on 93 octane on the stock engine and transmission too.

Albeit they are fast and rape me in a race but at the end of a day I'd be in a Benz lol or is that saying too old now ? lol

Congrats though
This is why I think all you care about is "status" or the name of Mercedes, and not really all the car has to offer because they have plenty of problems. They are nice cars, but there are other nice cars out there too that are built solid and have far less issues as well.

And just to be clear, I am not attacking you, just giving my take on everything.

Last edited by urbamworm; 07-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
I agree with all you've said. You are also right about me caring for the Brand name.

Every time a thread like this pops up we forget one thing which is we are comparing a 2003-2006 car with a 2008 year and above car. That means that our Beasts albeit old still have enough juice to be compared with far recent year cars lol otherwise we won't be even comparing them. Were there CTS-Vs in 2003-2006 that could have humiliated our AMGs back then stock vs stock ? (this is a question)

If we are comparing such an old car with a new car (CTS-V) that means they did something right that's why 55k still pops up in discussion. Have you seen people comparing new TT with our beasts ? No, cuz there ain't a competition other than few powerful E55s on here.

You are right once again, I do care about class. For example if someone gives me an option between 800whp Cts-V or a TT Benz with 560whp I'll take that without a second thought.

Few years back when I was in high school I would've taken the car with the highest number of hp but now I've realized that the locality I live in (no closeby tracks) or car enthusiasts meeting or anything at all I'd rather have a car like Benz which still has the sophistication , class, elegance, the star, the exhaust sound under acceleration, the silent cabin, the AMG logo, the fine lines, the self leveling head lamps and the minor details which all in a subtle way screams Luxury Automobile.

All you guys are more mature and experienced and maybe the point that you are trying to make which I'm missing is that "don't care about the brand and look at the value". I think it'll absorb in my mind-set with time but for now an AMG is an AMG.

Once again, I am not prosecuting why one is superior over the other just stating why I would grab the keys of an AMG
Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was at OSW tonight with a buddy and his black 09 V. He's still running the stock blower and had it pullied as hard as it can spin. Ran three times with a worst of 10.82@130.8 and a best of 10.71@132.96 in Florida in mid July! These times were on 18" drag radials
I am tempted to go to this track this Friday. I am going to be visiting some family in Davenport Thursday (staying the night) and leaving Friday afternoon back to Jax so I am right there in the Orlando area. Maybe I should go hit the track? I will have the stock 19s on the car and am getting some new Nitto NT05r drag radials (305/35-19) installed hopefully on Wednesday so could be ready to rock. Would be cool to meet up and maybe get some pointers from your friend on these cars.

Curious what his exact setup is also compared to what mine is.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM

What's the latest? Any leads?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
I bought a 2011 black CTS V sedan today with 19k mi every option, no roof (didn't care for one), with titanium interior, corsa exhaust, lowered, black powder coated wheels, Airaid CAI, blacked out tail lenses, brand new tires. Clean carfax and service history, 2 years of warranty. When I pick it up I will send pics! Paid $46500

I settled for black as white is almost impossible to find, silver isn't even really out there too much, couldn't handle the red or green. The black wheels look great and I will deal with the cleaning a little more! lol

Gonna do a pull against the e55 and post results...even try and get video for you guys. Not sure which one will win but I am guessing that the V pulls on it lightly. My e55 is only getting some better air, K&N's and tune.

Last edited by 60nomad; 07-29-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 PM

Congrats on a sweet deal! You can never go wrong with black and it's a good thing you skipped the sun roof as they have a tendency to leak on this model. You also got some good starter mods with the air raid and the corsa cat back. Between those mods your car should be making 25-30rwhp/rwtq over stock auto putting you at about 495-500 at the wheels. When you can post picks and look forward to the comparison video.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
I bought a 2011 black CTS V sedan today with 19k mi every option, no roof (didn't care for one), with titanium interior, corsa exhaust, lowered, black powder coated wheels, Airaid CAI, blacked out tail lenses, brand new tires. Clean carfax and service history, 2 years of warranty. When I pick it up I will send pics! Paid $46500

I settled for black as white is almost impossible to find, silver isn't even really out there too much, couldn't handle the red or green. The black wheels look great and I will deal with the cleaning a little more! lol

Gonna do a pull against the e55 and post results...even try and get video for you guys. Not sure which one will win but I am guessing that the V pulls on it lightly. My e55 is only getting some better air, K&N's and tune.
Congrats bro

Start a new thread and post pics and videos
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi S4 (sold), E46 M3 (sold) 05 E55 silver/black(sold)
Originally Posted by Hotsoss

A lot of that was shot on Stunt Rd. up in the Malibu/Calabasas area.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by viren.89
Congrats bro

Start a new thread and post pics and videos
I will start a new thread with this info. Only thing is, not quite sure if anything else is done to the V bc it was a trade in at my local dealer. I am guessing that if he did any other work that he would not tell them about it.

Hotsoss: Over on the caddy forum I read how a few guys ordered new cars without roof, other guys complaining about rattling roofs and the guys who are modding even in the 600whp range don't want a roof. I was wondering if URB's car had a roof!?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 AM

I'm not sure about the rattling roof issue, but I have read quite a few threads about owners having to take the car in for leaking sun roofs. I guess the seal is not that good or something.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V

Nice find and congrats.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
LOL......Mbworld is turning into Caddyworld.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts
2006 E55
Oh man, I heard that silver car - the 664rwhp car that claims to beat ZR1s etc.

That thing sounds like pure sex on wheels. What a car!

URB: you're gonna kill yourself, be careful!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
At least this forum, it makes sense. The ingredients that attracted folks to the E55 are there in the CTS-V, just in a newer, more stylish package. The fact of the matter is, the 09V is what the 07+ E63 should have been.

Instead MB let that slug down the assembly line and planted the seed that would eventually vine into enthusiasts jumping camp. The TT5.5 AMGs are awesome indeed, but still a few price points away for most mod crazy guys out there.

I would have bought a V instead of my Mercedes in a second, except I wanted to learn something new. I've been modding and swapping LS platform cars since they came out, and could have built a 1000hp+ V with spare parts from my garage (no joke) but its not that interesting to me since its the same thing wrapped in a shiny box to me.

Originally Posted by emoving
LOL......Mbworld is turning into Caddyworld.

Last edited by Sir-Boost-a-Lot; 07-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am going to do the same, I want a GoPro on both cars though and only have one, was going to borrow a friends but he is out of town and took it with him. I know the V is going to destroy the E55 but I still want to do the runs.

ther guys complaining about rattling roofs and the guys who are modding even in the 600whp range don't want a roof. I was wondering if URB's car had a roof!?
I did hear a few rattles on my drive home. I didn't investigate to much but there is this plastic piece that is like a divider on the sunroof and I think that is what was making the noise. It has a big sunroof like the pano roof in the E55, same concept, front half opens and rear is just glass.

Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Oh man, I heard that silver car - the 664rwhp car that claims to beat ZR1s etc.

That thing sounds like pure sex on wheels. What a car!

URB: you're gonna kill yourself, be careful!
The car does sound unbelievable but damn is it loud. My E55 is fairly loud and the V is in another league lol I have the stock mufflers too so I am pretty sure I am going to end up putting them on to make it a tiny bit quieter. Right now you could probably hear it from 2 miles away haha.

And it is definitely fast as **** too. Like WAY faster than my E55. I also noticed the traction control is way better. It lets you have so much power with the TC fully on still and there are 2 settings of turning it off also. Where the E55 senses the slightest bit of slip it just kills the power the V just rips and isn't spinning the tires all over the place, it is controlled very good. I haven't driven it with any TC off since I need to just get used to the car first and it honestly doesn't even need it turned off.

I kinda laugh after getting on it because the damn thing pulls so hard.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Damn, thats a beauty! You want to take it to Speed World this Friday? I'd love to check it out
, not sure if my friend is going back w his this week or not as he travels frequently for work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just might be jumping ship!