Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 Vs. 2013 Mustang GT 5.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
i met up with one and ate his lunch. Im not sure if he was modded but he rolled up fast on me as I was going about 65mph ...i hit the go pedal and he never got past my back door..with 4 people in the car. I got up to 172pmh and got out of it...he was about 8 lengths back
Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
For instance, I'm the worst drag racer, you put me in the GT500 or ZR1 and I'll probably run 12s all day long haha.
I thought I was the worst...at the track! I have done much more street racing and I seem to do that a lot better.

Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
"Ranger took a stock C6 Z06 to 10.8s with street tires, for example" mmmm...I believe this was on Drag Radials.
Even on DR's that seems really fast for a 'stock' Z06...stock right? Completely stock? There will be doubters even given the DA.

Originally Posted by urbamworm
Most stick shift cars aren't driven good. At the track they can't launch good or they shift to early or they get all over the place shifting breaking it loose, etc.

For example, There isn't one single 09+ CTS-V in the 10s that is a manual but there are over 20 autos in the 10s (me being one of them) and even a handful in the 9s as well.
How true! lmao This is where I am 'the worst' drag racer! Keep in mind that I have only been to the track maybe 3 times with a stick car and running down the track...possibly even 3 times EVER! I just could never get that 'correct' launch with the stick! As I said earlier, I can hold my own on the street with a stick though!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Nice kill. I'm from queens also! We're driving to Mexico Tom for some runs vs some modded e60 m5's, a tune/pulley V, a 498whp m6 tune/headers. Let me know if you're interested bro!
So what are the results of your runs you were supposed to have the other day?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 60nomad
Even on DR's that seems really fast for a 'stock' Z06...stock right? Completely stock? There will be doubters even given the DA.
I hate to question accomplishments, so that is why I didn't. However, that is a exceptional ET. Using math, it would take about 550 rwhp to run that ET and MPH at 3400 lbs....
Old 09-25-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
So what are the results of your runs you were supposed to have the other day?
The result is I no longer have the E55.During the run oil pressure line busted and oil was all over my rear tires I lost control of the car and hit the guard rail.The car is totaled by the way.I will be looking to buy a MKIV Supra when I get my insurance check. The Supra hopefully will be make close to 1khp and will be participating in the TX2K14.I changed the oil a week before my alternator went out.I took to a friend of mine who has a lift in his house.He asked me why I have oil all over the place I said It's because I changed the oil.Little did I know 2 days later I filled up my car with 2qts of an additional oil.I thought nothing of it careless I know.No one was hurt in the accident except my car.I still have a hard time believing I lost her and hoping to wake up from this nightmare..I will still be around because my dad will be buying an E63 or E55.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
Glad no one got hurt
Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by HGOTBOOST
The result is I no longer have the E55.During the run oil pressure line busted and oil was all over my rear tires I lost control of the car and hit the guard rail.The car is totaled by the way.I will be looking to buy a MKIV Supra when I get my insurance check. The Supra hopefully will be make close to 1khp and will be participating in the TX2K14.I changed the oil a week before my alternator went out.I took to a friend of mine who has a lift in his house.He asked me why I have oil all over the place I said It's because I changed the oil.Little did I know 2 days later I filled up my car with 2qts of an additional oil.I thought nothing of it careless I know.No one was hurt in the accident except my car.I still have a hard time believing I lost her and hoping to wake up from this nightmare..I will still be around because my dad will be buying an E63 or E55.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Wow that sucks, I bet that was scary, good thing you came out ok. Good luck with the next ride.