W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New: FSP Pulley Review with EC Tune 2.0 (Jerry/Brooke/Shardul)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Where'e maaaaahhhhhh video?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
so if you already have the clutch pulley with the eurocharged tune and you buy the fixed pulley is eurocharged still charging full price for the fixed pulley tune?it's looks like the tune is an extra $250 when you buy the pulley.$250 seems like a lot for just an "off the shelf" file being sent to you.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by jonnyc
so if you already have the clutch pulley with the eurocharged tune and you buy the fixed pulley is eurocharged still charging full price for the fixed pulley tune?it's looks like the tune is an extra $250 when you buy the pulley.$250 seems like a lot for just an "off the shelf" file being sent to you.
The tune is no where near off the shelf and took an unreal amount of time to develop. NO ONE else is able to tune for this pulley right now but EC. A regular e55 tune won't work as indicated.

Its a completely different product than our regular tuning offering.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 PM

e55
don't get me wrong,i know you guys put in a lot of work and many hours to get this tune to work.i just thought that if someone already has the v2 cable maybe it would be a little less.since you guys sell the cable for $100 i was hoping for something like pulley/tune file for $550 for people that already have the cable.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EG8 | E46 | W211
Originally Posted by Bramage
Fixed Supercharger Pulley Review with EC Tune 2.0
Thanks for the review!
Originally Posted by Denroll
If you're on the fence about this mod, buy the pulley/tune combo now and try it out. Keep your old clutched pulley around in case you want to go back (you won't want to). The way the tuning works, you can upload your own tunes. Swapping the pulleys is pretty quick, so going back and forth can be done in 30 minutes or less, including the reflash.
I also experience the "c'mon clutch, engage already!" I've been on the fence of even modding for performance, but your guys' reviews have got me considering jumping into it!

BTW, does the fixed pulley cause S/C whine at idle?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by GunMoto
Thanks for the review! I also experience the "c'mon clutch, engage already!" I've been on the fence of even modding for performance, but your guys' reviews have got me considering jumping into it!

BTW, does the fixed pulley cause S/C whine at idle?
Yes sir it will whine a little
Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
don't get me wrong,i know you guys put in a lot of work and many hours to get this tune to work.i just thought that if someone already has the v2 cable maybe it would be a little less.since you guys sell the cable for $100 i was hoping for something like pulley/tune file for $550 for people that already have the cable.
I love Eurocharged, but I feel the same way. I already bought 2 cables.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
did you see our 7000 customer thread?

Hint, Hint...

Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Yes, video is sideways..

As I hit record, I asked myself a bunch of questions:

Why am I doing this?
Umm...

Is there anything in it for me?
NO

So what is the purpose?
To show people how it works on the forum, and be a nice guy

But wait, didn't we just offer an independent review X 2?
Yes

So why a video?
Because people need "proof"

Is it my responsibility to provide proof to people that don't or can't believe an honest, unbiased review of a product?
No

In the end, I realized the following: Shardul and Jerry have been wonderful contributors to the forum and our platform in general. Helping to show real world experience helps those who have helped us.

I was at peace in my warped mind.. for a moment, then I was cut off... !! 11 minutes remaining for the **** video
Plus you get a BIG THANK YOU

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
See, Brooke thinks I left him out of my "These guys are great" speech, But I had actually reserved a separate post just for Brooke.

For those of you who do not know the Houston crew, you are missing out. Brooke has more knowledge about these cars than probably anyone on the forum (or the face of the earth for that matter). I don't know many guys that have spare motors in their living room for study!

When Denroll blew his motor on a cross-country trip, Shardul, Brooke, and Jerry went to extraordinary measures to get him on the road, and that is no small task: New engine, race heads, custom tune, all while Denroll served our country, and countless hookers in New Orleans.

These guys answer questions, help with parts, provide tech support, all for the betterment of the Forum, the forum members, and platform.

The FSP and associated tune is a result of truly countless hours that I had nothing to do with. I just watched, and when it was ready: I got it.

As I mentioned, even though we all owe these guys a huge debt of gratitude, especially Brooke, our reviews of this product are genuine. As with any groundbreaking change, there are bumps, but this is simply baddass.. period.

Thanks Brooke!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:41 PM

04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
Quote:

So no discount on the new FSP and tune bundle package ..... This almost made it seem like we were allowed to apply the 10% to the discounted fix supercharger pulley and tune? Sorry I'm a mutant and didn't know if we could apply it to this

$650- $65(10%) = $585

Jake just responded and.....
works on the fsp deal...
Old 10-18-2013, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
all while Denroll served our country, and countless hookers in New Orleans.
Hey now, I know precisely how many hookers were served.

But yeah, my situation could have been so much worse. The whole crew was awesome. Can't forget Scott who drove his truck to Austin just to tow my car back to Houston. He wouldn't even accept gas money!

I sent Brooke and Shardul some shell casings from our 30mm guns. Makes a neat little paperweight.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 G55 + others
So with this pulley ... since the clutch can no longer disengage to cut boost, does one loose the safety net of the car being able to limit boost if the IATs get too high? or will the ECU have the ability to open the bypass valve and bleed boost?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
I got the 80 to go with my 175 crank pulley. Insanity level dialed down just ever so slightly from the wagon-wheel 190 on his car. My biggest concern is with IATs... wait, no it isn't, I have meth. But yeah, the cruising IATs I am curious about. Right now, I see typically 15-20 degrees over ambient, sometimes a few degrizzles higher.
D, wouldn't a progressive controller (in theory) help your cruising IAT issue?, you can set up the controller to start pumping at 3-5psi (pump will be working at around 25% and full mist can be set at higher psi).

Although if your car the car is making full boost at low rpms because of the FSP pulley, then you kit is spraying the full goodness at those same rpms... does that make sense?

Last edited by Kelvin07; 10-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 PM

I already have a spare backup

This was on a bone-stock car with 161,000 miles! 80mm fixed pulley and tune only. Hot-damn!

JUEPUTA!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 PM

e55 amg, gmc acadia, wrx, integra
will my ec h/e and bosh 10 provide enough cooling. as long as i dont got crazy with the crank/fsp combo

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM

Guys,

I have the Zeitronix IAT and MAP sensors... where should I place them?, I understand it like this:

MAP sensor: Surge tank

IAT sensor: ???

Please advise...
Old 10-19-2013, 12:14 AM

See, Brooke thinks I left him out of my "These guys are great" speech, But I had actually reserved a separate post just for Brooke.

For those of you who do not know the Houston crew, you are missing out. Brooke has more knowledge about these cars than probably anyone on the forum (or the face of the earth for that matter). I don't know many guys that have spare motors in their living room for study!

When Denroll blew his motor on a cross-country trip, Shardul, Brooke, and Jerry went to extraordinary measures to get him on the road, and that is no small task: New engine, race heads, custom tune, all while Denroll served our country, and countless hookers in New Orleans.

These guys answer questions, help with parts, provide tech support, all for the betterment of the Forum, the forum members, and platform.

The FSP and associated tune is a result of truly countless hours that I had nothing to do with. I just watched, and when it was ready: I got it.

As I mentioned, even though we all owe these guys a huge debt of gratitude, especially Brooke, our reviews of this product are genuine. As with any groundbreaking change, there are bumps, but this is simply baddass.. period.

Thanks Brooke!!!
This sums up my experience with Brooke. Great guy, patient and has worked with me to get me the mods that I need, and when I changed my mind a couple of times, my refund is there before I even ask.

After what happened to me with rip off/Bruce@TTM. I have been very lucky to deal with Brooke, he is my go-to guy for EVERY mod.

Guys like Denroll, Bramage, Shardul, Brooke, always willing help out and go the extra mile for fellow members, thank you boys, I mean that.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Here is a video of me driving home from lunch. Its 4 blocks, and I don't have time to edit the video. Sorta looks like a car driving...
There is not much to see, which I guess is the point. The car drives like a normal car
Bramage, I like how your Dashdaq looks there, how did you run the wires from your Zeitronix to your Dashdaq? (because I didn't see one!)
Old 10-19-2013, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Originally Posted by Kelvin07
Bramage, I like how your Dashdaq looks there, how did you run the wires from your Zeitronix to your Dashdaq? (because I didn't see one!)
If you order the Dashdaq and Zeitronix together, it should come with the cable in upper right "ZT-2 Cable:

Its plug and play between these two devices.

Boost sensor goes in Surge Tank
I take IAT from OBDII, but if you have one, you could also put that in the surge tank. You will only see one side, but as the charge air is shared, there should never be a difference between sides
Old 10-19-2013, 12:43 AM

If you order the Dashdaq and Zeitronix together, it should come with the cable in upper right "ZT-2 Cable:

Its plug and play between these two devices.

Boost sensor goes in Surge Tank
I take IAT from OBDII, but if you have one, you could also put that in the surge tank. You will only see one side, but as the charge air is shared, there should never be a difference between sides
Thanks man, I had the Dashdaq XL way before I bought the Zeitronix ZT-2... can I connect them using the Zeitronix cable or do I need to get buy another cable or am I completely crap our of luck?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
A few others have asked as well .... do you lose the safety feature of the SC disengaging if IATs get too high ?

So if I want this mod I can no longer use my current custom OE tune ?

This mod sounds bad *** and I want it. I hate how my car engages the SC .
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Anybody running this mod should invest in a monitoring system, like a Dashdaq XL and have IAT READINGS front and center at all times. Otherwise, you're taking a risk.

I have a split circuit reservoir + mbh monster IC, water/meth injection already installed in the car, aside from that, I am running a Dashdaq XL + ZT-2 + Zeitronix additional IAT and MAP sensors (these are added sensors for a faster reading of intake temps and boost), guys, the way I see it, this is a mod that as many other pointed out, if let alone, could potentially harm your engine, no point in taking a risk like that for any horsepower gains.

Be safe.

What sort of failsafe could Jerry insert into the tune to make it "safer"?, on the flip side, I don't think any tuner would take a risk of someone blaming the failsafe for a damaged engine, so we're on our own, we all pay to play....

Last edited by Kelvin07; 10-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Jerry has the only tune, and no, you cant use your old one. I understand a LOT went into getting this to work. In terms of failsafe: The SC will no longer disengage. SO from that standpoint, that feature is gone. Understand though that the failsafe fuel map will still be there (Jerry, correct me if I am wrong), and there may be some added security in the way the bleed off works. Those are really questions for Eurocharged.

I agree: Data logging when you start to modify an engine should be mandatory. If you were to say, get a tune, and the injectors were scaled wrong, how would you know you have a time bomb. It could be that simple.

Also note: Many supercharged cars do not employ a clutch.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Jerry has the only tune, and no, you cant use your old one. I understand a LOT went into getting this to work. In terms of failsafe: The SC will no longer disengage. SO from that standpoint, that feature is gone. Understand though that the failsafe fuel map will still be there (Jerry, correct me if I am wrong), and there may be some added security in the way the bleed off works. Those are really questions for Eurocharged.

I agree: Data logging when you start to modify an engine should be mandatory. If you were to say, get a tune, and the injectors were scaled wrong, how would you know you have a time bomb. It could be that simple.

Also note: Many supercharged cars do not employ a clutch.
What happens if you install this With out a tune?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New: FSP Pulley Review with EC Tune 2.0 (Jerry/Brooke/Shardul)