W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by romeomikehotel
That's unfortunate. I don't mean to be argumentative and I understand that it may not be hurting anything, mechanically, but the fact that customers/potential-customers are having issue with something would appear that there is a problem.

Once you figure out how to solve it after one customer pays for custom tuning, would all the rest have to pay the same rate regardless of the time (or lack of time) it would take to implement?

all motors are not created equal don't be cheap if you want a custom tune its $150 an hour like they said. no one works for free. eurocharged spent a few hours custom tuning my beast of ragetek and it was worth every penny. its not easy
Old 02-24-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
cls55 amg
Originally Posted by Manuyc
all motors are not created equal don't be cheap if you want a custom tune its $150 an hour like they said. no one works for free. eurocharged spent a few hours custom tuning my beast of ragetek and it was worth every penny. its not easy
Still doesnt answer my question

I understand that it may take some time in the beginning but once they've done the custom tuning and know what it takes to close the bypass valve it idle (if that is the issue) then it should be rather simple to implement on any subsequent tunes.
So my question still stands, would each new customer have to pay the same custom tune amount or would the cost drop over time as the difficulty decreases?

And to the folks who think the rattle at idle is something we should just "deal with": The idea of just dealing with it as is goes completely against the concept of modifying and improving cars in the first place. We are on a quest for improvements... Asking that a product system be improved to its full potential is completely reasonable.
But for those that are willing to accept it as is I hope you enjoy it and look forward to more review posts.

Last edited by romeomikehotel; 02-24-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG

I understand that it may take some time in the beginning but once they've done the custom tuning and know what it takes to close the bypass valve it idle (if that is the issue) then it should be rather simple to implement on any subsequent tunes.
So my question still stands, would each new customer have to pay the same custom tune amount or would the cost drop over time as the difficulty decreases?

And to the folks who think the rattle at idle is something we should just "deal with": The idea of just dealing with it as is goes completely against the concept of modifying and improving cars in the first place. We are on a quest for improvements... Asking that a product system be improved to its full potential is completely reasonable.
But for those that are willing to accept it as is I hope you enjoy it and look forward to more review posts.
You're the first to complain about the side effect. If the majority of those with EC fixed pulley tunes had an issue with it, I'm sure it would be explored. If it bothers you enough, EC has stated they're willing to try and fix it. If they then implement those changes in later revisions for all users, that's their choice unless you request that the changes you're paying for are proprietary...

If you have an issue with paying R&D for something that others would get for free, I guess you'll have to wait until someone else has the same complaint and is willing to throw the money down. I understand your case, but in this case the numbers simply are not behind you.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

iv had the 77mm pulley on my car since they came out and love it. I have gone about 150mph with the pulley on with no problems. drove to Miami twice with the pulley on from tampa which is about 4.5hrs drive with no problems, I did have the hiccup problem. but to solve that hiccup I just moved the resistor to the passenger side cabin. I do have the rattle at idle but when you rev the car at idle just over 1k rpm's it goes away so it most likely just chatter like they say. I just sold my 77mm and opted for the 74mm and cant wait to install it.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
cls55 amg
Originally Posted by rockthemullet
You're the first to complain about the side effect.
I'm not looking to get into an argument here but I want to be clear that I am certainly not the first to have an issue with it. If you had read through the earlier posts or any links to other threads discussing the issue you would see that. However, I appreciate your input.

iv had the 77mm pulley on my car since they came out and love it. I have gone about 150mph with the pulley on with no problems. drove to Miami twice with the pulley on from tampa which is about 4.5hrs drive with no problems, I did have the hiccup problem. but to solve that hiccup I just moved the resistor to the passenger side cabin. I do have the rattle at idle but when you rev the car at idle just over 1k rpm's it goes away so it most likely just chatter like they say. I just sold my 77mm and opted for the 74mm and cant wait to install it.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm very tempted to do the 77mm but I need to do more cooling mods and get more comfortable with the idea of the noise at idle. Glad to hear you've had a good experience with it
Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
I'm not looking to get into an argument here but I want to be clear that I am certainly not the first to have an issue with it. If you had read through the earlier posts or any links to other threads discussing the issue you would see that. However, I appreciate your input.
You misunderstood. I said you are the first to complain, not the first to have it. You are bringing it up to EC... others like Manuyc, have experienced it but are not stressing about it and looking for additional work on a generic file.

A canned/box tune is made to work with a plethora of vehicles and customers. This should never be considered an end all be all tune for your application... this is a 'good enough' tune. That is the attitude on every platform I've had my hands on, I don't know why the low quantity M113k application would be any different. If you want something outside of the standard canned/box tune (that others have and are content with), pay for it.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
bump
Old 02-25-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
SL63, GTR
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
bump

Can this rattle noise at idle be tuned/fixed remotely? I'd love to buy one of these fixed pulleys but don't want to have that noise at idle. I live in PA so I can't bring my car to your shop for in person diagnostics and testing obviously.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 W211
what do you mean with "moved the resistor to the passenger side cabin"
So i am from germany, my english is very well, but i don´t understand what you done against the hicup!

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Hey all.

I have the 74mm pulley currently installed on the car and I'm just waiting to reflash the car with Jerry's tune so I can make a review for you guys.

My only dilemma, is that the hardware connection light on the V2 program never lights green when it is connected so I am unable to send the tune to Eurocharged. Does anyone have any ideas? A new cable maybe?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Anyone of you guys with a hiccup, when was the last time you changed your fuel filter unit?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:23 PM

e55
Originally Posted by NafisC
Hey all.

I have the 74mm pulley currently installed on the car and I'm just waiting to reflash the car with Jerry's tune so I can make a review for you guys.

My only dilemma, is that the hardware connection light on the V2 program never lights green when it is connected so I am unable to send the tune to Eurocharged. Does anyone have any ideas? A new cable maybe?

Thanks
try running the program "as administrator'
Old 02-28-2015, 12:05 AM

W211 E55 AMG
I've tried running as the administrator on 3 separate laptops and it just doesn't work :/

It keeps telling me I need to install flash drivers which I already installed.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55GHi5
what do you mean with "moved the resistor to the passenger side cabin"
So i am from germany, my english is very well, but i don´t understand what you done against the hicup!

Thanks!
when i had the resistor in the engine bay, it would get a lot of heat soak and not operate properly. so Denroll gave me the idea to move the resistor inside the car and place it under the dashboard on the passenger side so it stays cool. and i also went with a 1000 ohm resistor instead of the 550 that came with the fixed pulley. search for Denroll resistor moved to inside cabin.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
SL63, GTR
@Eurocharged

Originally Posted by B Feelgood
Can this rattle noise at idle be tuned/fixed remotely? I'd love to buy one of these fixed pulleys but don't want to have that noise at idle. I live in PA so I can't bring my car to your shop for in person diagnostics and testing obviously.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:33 PM

e55 amg 2005
74mm review

Waiting for the 74mm fsp review
Old 03-01-2015, 03:37 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
I CAN tell you that I did an FSP tune for a customer last week and he doesn't have the re-circulation flap installed and his car is quiet. :-)
Jerry- You have my interest piqued here! Do you mean the customer has a block-off plate, so that essentially the flap is closed 100% of the time?

How did his IATs look at idle?

Also, would this "cure" the engagement chop that sometimes occurs with a clutched pulley? Or is that the TB?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
He most probably installed a bov of some sorts
Old 03-01-2015, 05:41 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hulk
He most probably installed a bov of some sorts
Hmm, a blow off valve on a blower? Maybe on a centrifugal, but i can't see the point on a twinscrew?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by DVC
Hmm, a blow off valve on a blower? Maybe on a centrifugal, but i can't see the point on a twinscrew?
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/550196-car-thinks-has-blow-off-valve.html#post6114202

Post #9
Old 03-01-2015, 08:17 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hulk
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/550196-car-thinks-has-blow-off-valve.html#post6114202

Post #9
Thanks Hulk. Just can't figure out what he's trying to achieve with BOVs on a PD blower. I did find some WOT IAT logs from GT-ER running the bypass valve disconnected (full time closed) vs normal op....not a whole lotta difference.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by DVC
Thanks Hulk. Just can't figure out what he's trying to achieve with BOVs on a PD blower. I did find some WOT IAT logs from GT-ER running the bypass valve disconnected (full time closed) vs normal op....not a whole lotta difference.

If you disconnect the bpv , you would get esp or limp mode because the bpv stays open
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
His stayed closed and he made full boost. I'll link the logs.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ct-bypass.html
Old 03-01-2015, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Nope it will go limp or ESP. Look at post #6

It stays open

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !