Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55
Paul Walker Memorial Meet December 8, 2013 12pm

Anyone here rolling this Sunday? If so, maybe we'll see each other

Old 12-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
any idea on what kind of control there will be? seems like a great event but can quickly get ruined by stupid kids
Old 12-06-2013, 12:06 PM

W211 E55
A message from the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station....

OBEY ALL LAWS to prevent further injuries.

Traffic and Parking Enforcement For Public Safety

"Deputies ask that people wishing to visit the area park legally and safely in appropriate and legal public parking areas. Also, follow all pedestrian traffic laws when walking to the site."

"This is a tragic incident. Sheriff’s deputies understand many people are choosing to visit the site to assist in the grieving process. Yet it is important to take legal safety measures to help avoid injury to people in the area."
Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 PM

E55 Wagon
In other news, tens of thousands of children have died in Syria. Glad the media has their priority straight...Why do people care so much about celebrities and their death? Wonder if any of these celebrities would show up for my funeral.

My work is dealing with death of parents and children and let me tell you they are much more humble in their final moments than these so called egocentric hollywood types. Let it go people!

Here....I vented. Sorry.

Last edited by alihou007; 12-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by alihou007
In other news, tens of thousands of children have died in Syria. Glad the media has their priority straight...Why do people care so much about celebrities and their death? Wonder if any of these celebrities would show up for my funeral.

My work is dealing with death of parents and children and let me tell you they are much more humble in their final moments than these so called egocentric hollywood types. Let it go people!

Here....I vented. Sorry.
I'm just posting the info on the meet for car enthusiast.
In other news, many people from my own country in the Philippines have died from the typhoon...

Again, I'm just a messenger
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM

Audi S4 (sold), E46 M3 (sold) 05 E55 silver/black(sold)
I was planning on rolling out but am thinking maybe 9AM. I've heard reports of 20,000 expected to show up so even that may be too late.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by alihou007

Here....I vented. Sorry.

There's a lot of "celebrities" that could and have died and haven't gotten this kind of response. I think in this particular case the fascination is two fold. First, Paul was a really good guy in a business full of egocentric sociopaths. Beyond doing his tour duties to promote projects, which he is contracted to do, he was just not a Hollywood type. In Hawaii, one of the toughest places for an outsider of any kind to be accepted among locals and sometimes even tolerated, he simply was and with no fuss.

Second, a lot of people were brought into car culture with the Fast and Furious movie and I think this mourning has a bit more to do with the nature of the franchise than Paul himself. Sure, there's always been car meets and what not but nothing brought ALL KINDS of cars together like that franchise did and I saw that reflected in the kinds of car meets that sprang up all over So Cal in the last decade. Ditto on the ethnic and gender diversity of the cast.

Lastly, it's about who people are or want to relate to. Outside of recent immigrants from war torn countries, few Americans have even a remote ability to relate to someone from a third world country. In Europe, kids turn 18 and travel, they go places, see things. Here in the U.S. you can ask the next ten people you see if they have a passport and they answer is no. Good luck asking them to find a foreign country on a map let alone the Philippines or Syria.

Last edited by KMS11; 12-06-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:40 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by KMS11
There's a lot of "celebrities" that could and have died and haven't gotten this kind of response. I think in this particular case the fascination is two fold. First, Paul was a really good guy in a business full of egocentric sociopaths. Beyond doing his tour duties to promote projects, which he is contracted to do, he was just not a Hollywood type. In Hawaii, one of the toughest places for an outsider of any kind to be accepted among locals and sometimes even tolerated, he simply was and with no fuss.

Second, a lot of people were brought into car culture with the Fast and Furious movie and I think this mourning has a bit more to do with the nature of the franchise than Paul himself. Sure, there's always been car meets and what not but nothing brought ALL KINDS of cars together like that franchise did and I saw that reflected in the kinds of car meets that sprang up all over So Cal in the last decade. Ditto on the ethnic and gender diversity of the cast.

Lastly, it's about who people are or want to relate to. Outside of recent immigrants from war torn countries, few Americans have even a remote ability to relate to someone from a third world country. In Europe, kids turn 18 and travel, they go places, see things. Here in the U.S. you can ask the next ten people you see if they have a passport and they answer is no. Good luck asking them to find a foreign country on a map let alone the Philippines or Syria.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:51 PM

E55 Wagon
Agreed on all your points....

I do not know the person and cannot tell you if he was a great person, bad person, what he represented to many etc...They are actors and a live for an image they create for the populace who follows them.

I just wish people had more grey cells and recognized that for every Paul Walker and their charity, there are thousands of people who do the same good in the community for often nothing in exchange and go unnoticed. But as a country we rather celebrate empty shells for sheer entertainment values. My gripe is about our fallen morale values...I am too old I guess. I did grow up in Europe and have gone around the world a few times.

I respect whatever people want to relate to...I still have hope though. Did not want to hijack this thread gents. Sorry.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Alihou007, I was off on a trip to the office in my fancy car with too much horsepower, drinking too much fuel and thinking about your gripes and I think none of us has any room to gripe about anything. People do realize that there are thousands who do wonders for their communities and donate both their time and money. Peoples desire to pay respect to an actor who performed in a entertainment medium that allowed his profile to raise far above others is not indicative of a persons ignorance nor is it the actors fault. How an actor chooses to handle this spotlight is a measure of his character. Many choose to do nothing except live behind closed gates and get shuttled from home to studio never willing to touch the filthy masses. Others like Paul remain accessible and do something good with the fame that is thrust upon them and make no mistake, fame is not something one can control. It is a byproduct. If you work hard, have a few breaks fall your way and the projects you are in become hugely successful then things are going to take a life of their own. This countries predisposition with celebrity is not Paul's fault anymore than our predisposition with high horsepower sedans is the fault of Mercedes Benz, BMW or Porsche. If you build it, (and the people like it) they will come.

So here we are driving high hp cars for no real reason, cars that cost in fuel per month what some people earn in a year in parts of India or Africa even. So, really thebottom line is we can go round in round with our supposed outrage when quite frankly, we're all hypocrites. Perhaps you have some thoughts on a MAN like Nelson Mandela? My sadness at his passing is profound and yet, I'm happy to have lived in his times. I also like that a bunch of diverse auto enthusiasts can show some love for a regular dude who for reasons unbeknownst to me, you feel is some kind of empty shell. He did not trumpet his affiliations with various causes, I for one had NO IDEA he was involved in the many organizations that he was. You are not too old, you are just bitter. And bitter doesn't look good on anyone. Shake it off.

P.S.
I did not know Paul Walker personally but I know many people who have worked with him or have been around him and not one of them, not the stunt guys who work on the films, not the waiters who've served him in Hawaii, or the bar owners in Chinatown (Oahu) who've suddenly found Paul in their establishment has had a cross word to say about the guy. I find that pretty remarkable on a profile raised as high as his was. Ask about Scott Caan on Hawaii Five-O...welllll that's another matter.

Last edited by KMS11; 12-06-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-06-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Alihou007, I was off on a trip to the office in my fancy car with too much horsepower, drinking too much fuel and thinking about your gripes and I think none of us has any room to gripe about anything. People do realize that there are thousands who do wonders for their communities and donate both their time and money. Peoples desire to pay respect to an actor who performed in a entertainment medium that allowed his profile to raise far above others is not indicative of a persons ignorance nor is it the actors fault. How an actor chooses to handle this spotlight is a measure of his character. Many choose to do nothing except live behind closed gates and get shuttled from home to studio never willing to touch the filthy masses. Others like Paul remain accessible and do something good with the fame that is thrust upon them and make no mistake, fame is not something one can control. It is a byproduct. If you work hard, have a few breaks fall your way and the projects you are in become hugely successful then things are going to take a life of their own. This countries predisposition with celebrity is not Paul's fault anymore than our predisposition with high horsepower sedans is the fault of Mercedes Benz, BMW or Porsche. If you build it, (and the people like it) they will come.

So here we are driving high hp cars for no real reason, cars that cost in fuel per month what some people earn in a year in parts of India or Africa even. So, really thebottom line is we can go round in round with our supposed outrage when quite frankly, we're all hypocrites. Perhaps you have some thoughts on a MAN like Nelson Mandela? My sadness at his passing is profound and yet, I'm happy to have lived in his times. I also like that a bunch of diverse auto enthusiasts can show some love for a regular dude who for reasons unbeknownst to me, you feel is some kind of empty shell. He did not trumpet his affiliations with various causes, I for one had NO IDEA he was involved in the many organizations that he was. You are not too old, you are just bitter. And bitter doesn't look good on anyone. Shake it off.

P.S.
I did not know Paul Walker personally but I know many people who have worked with him or have been around him and not one of them, not the stunt guys who work on the films, not the waiters who've served him in Hawaii, or the bar owners in Chinatown (Oahu) who've suddenly found Paul in their establishment has had a cross word to say about the guy. I find that pretty remarkable on a profile raised as high as his was. Ask about Scott Caan on Hawaii Five-O...welllll that's another matter.
Wow... Thanks for this post man... God bless
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 PM

E55 Wagon
Please...No name calling.

P.S.
Glad you got it out and took it on me. I am sure it was cathartic for you at some level. I am fine with it, no worries...seriously. As I said, it was not personally directed to Mr. Walker but a general observation and feeling about our values and I just wished we as people paid more respect and tribute to many who do so much without the limelight.

I can tell I struck a nerve with what I said and you took it personally. Call me bitter, hypocrite...and yet you do not know me. Then I will be the first to say to you I am sorry to have offended you and I mean it. I have been to places most would not go and seen enough to understand that our argument is not worth it.

I respect your position and understand you. As I had said in my original post, I was venting.

Carpe Diem my friend...
Old 12-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Not at all. Since I don't know Paul personally and this wasn't a family member you were insulting, no personal insult was taken. If you think my words were "taking it out on you" then you must be use to some weak outbursts. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in your (our) arguments. You now say you meant things generally. Well, generally is just that, general and by definition, lazy. So, I choose to return the favor. I don't know you personally, but I see by your signature that you, like me, drive a car that a good 80% of the planet population can look at and say, "I wish these guys would use less resources...or why do they need cars that are so big and with so much power, etc, etc". That is what makes you a hypocrite.

So you've been to a few places most will not go. So have I. Would you like to now match up war stories and atrocities witnessed? One of the benefits of traveling the world and experiencing many people from all walks of life, is that, generally, you get to know them. So yes, I've generally seen your type before and am generally unimpressed. I always leave room for a re-evaluation though. Takes a lot more work than venting on a forum. What say you? You up for grabbing a beer old man?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 PM

E55 Wagon
KMS11...Thanks for your life lessons. Seems you cannot take a sincere apology. Getting boring quickly and so are you. Save your money, no beer needed. You need to save to keep driving these special cars.

Not going to read this thread anymore. Yawn.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 PM

Save it dude. You came here to vent, got your butt handed to you and now off you go. A shame you made it whatever age you are, learning little in the process. You shouldn't and need not apologize to me, apologize to yourself for the embarrassment.

Last edited by KMS11; 12-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
lets cut the bull****, Paul Walker was an amazing person and he was a great humanitarian. EVERYONE loved him and he did alot of good and not the kind of "good" other celebs do so they can get photographed and have good publicity. He was just too cool and he was genuine, he also has a daughter who loves him and a girlfriend who hes been with for 7 years which means he ws committed and he actually said he wanted to marry. He was also an positive and good hearted, he said he couldnt believe how some people dont believe in god because he saw god in everything, in nature, in life and existance itself. He will be missed by billions and his memory will never die.

I'm gonna contrast that to the "people dying in Syria" which is a country in a region of the world which doesn't seem to want peace and stability. The amount of war crimes and barbaric acts we've seen from Syria in the past couple of years has been shocking. I just love how "freedom fighters" are pleading their innocence after being filmed and filming themselves executing people in the most brutal ways (i wont go into detail but you know the atrocities) and becoming cannabalistic (the guy eating the heart). I've never seen Paul Walker doing that so yes his death IS more important.

I know im gonna get hate for saying that but I HATE extremists, to me radicals and extremists and the scum of the earth and anyone justifying them is like them. Do you know what I respect? Change through peace, forgiveness and friendship. Violence does not do anything positive for the person who inflicts it or the person who is the victim of it. Being violent just makes you hated and gets you condemned by the majority of the world. You want change? Get it through peace, negotiation and unity not with swords and guns and machetes.

As for the typhoon he was AT A CHARITY FOR THE VICTIMS!! He WAS helping and still is through his organisation.

So please keep your negative comments to yourself about a great man.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e500slr
lets cut the bull****, Paul Walker was an amazing person and he was a great humanitarian. EVERYONE loved him and he did alot of good and not the kind of "good" other celebs do so they can get photographed and have good publicity. He was just too cool and he was genuine, he also has a daughter who loves him and a girlfriend who hes been with for 7 years which means he ws committed and he actually said he wanted to marry. He was also an positive and good hearted, he said he couldnt believe how some people dont believe in god because he saw god in everything, in nature, in life and existance itself. He will be missed by billions and his memory will never die.

I'm gonna contrast that to the "people dying in Syria" which is a country in a region of the world which doesn't seem to want peace and stability. The amount of war crimes and barbaric acts we've seen from Syria in the past couple of years has been shocking. I just love how "freedom fighters" are pleading their innocence after being filmed and filming themselves executing people in the most brutal ways (i wont go into detail but you know the atrocities) and becoming cannabalistic (the guy eating the heart). I've never seen Paul Walker doing that so yes his death IS more important.

I know im gonna get hate for saying that but I HATE extremists, to me radicals and extremists and the scum of the earth and anyone justifying them is like them. Do you know what I respect? Change through peace, forgiveness and friendship. Violence does not do anything positive for the person who inflicts it or the person who is the victim of it. Being violent just makes you hated and gets you condemned by the majority of the world. You want change? Get it through peace, negotiation and unity not with swords and guns and machetes.

As for the typhoon he was AT A CHARITY FOR THE VICTIMS!! He WAS helping and still is through his organisation.

well said!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by e500slr

+1 Boom. The event was well done. It was amazing to see the wide swath of auto enthusiasts who turned out. Classic American hot rods, custom built rigs, rock climbing jeeps and trucks, high and low end Japanese imports tuned for street, show and rally, all manner of high end German and Italian imports, custom low riders, custom high riders, motorcycles too....I mean it was ALL there. The conversations I overheard were people talking about Paul and Rogers humanitarian work.

There were three cars and owner enthusiasts that stood out to me. One was an older woman who could be a dead ringer for Mrs. Santa Claus. She was driving a maroon Lamborghini Gallardo, tag, "Lady Bull". Second was a very mean looking but tastefully performance modified C6 Vette driven by an older black woman. Both of these women were solo and by the looks on their faces and the way they handled themselves and their rides, no man helped either of them arrive at the current modification configuration. I wish my mother or grandmother were that car cool. Last was a sixth generation (I looked it up) Ford Thunderbird. Lime green, white top. I can hardly imagine this to be a collectors car but this thing was in mint (unrestored) condition. Driver was a white dude, red hair, mustache and beard, mirrored glasses, just looking like he drove off of the Beastie Boys Sabotage music video.

Right after the start of the meet, two planes appeared towing R.I.P banners, there was a ripple of applause and then a bit of scowling once people got a good read. You see, one of those self serving Hollywood types had paid for it, Paris Hilton, and you'd better believe her name was also on the banners. It wasn't welcome, it wasn't why all these people and cars had gathered to pay their respect, some from quite a few states away.