77mm Fixed Supercharger Pulley & Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55/2011 CTS V coupe
Originally Posted by romeomikehotel
Just want to share my .02...

I have the 77mm fsp. The one problem I have and that is at the 1-2 upshift, if the rpms land between 1.8-2k and the throttle is at 30% there is a surge. I have had the 77mm fsp for a few months now and about 6-8k miles which, if you couldnt tell, means I drive a ton (18k miles in the 8 months I've owned the car) and I have no issues driving every day. I also have a new tune waiting at home that may solve the issue. The FSP is fun and I'll most likely never go back to a clutched pulley.

The HE issue is definitely something that needs to be addressed along with the pump for anyone who owns one of these cars, stock or not IMO. Most guys buy an aftermarket HE, I chose to run a couple auxiliary HE's inline with the stock one. Either way, the stock HE is not enough by itself.

It sounds like you're no rookie so you probably dont need my advice but I hope it helps. Goodluck!
Not a rookie but no where near a vet, thanks for sharing your experience! where do you have your aux H/E's mounted?
Old 08-26-2015, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Does anybody have videos of an E55 equipped with FSP vs E55 equipped with clutched pulley? Preferably same size...
Old 08-27-2015, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Never knew people had FSP related issues like that, wow. Also hadn't heard of the aux H/Es but that's a badass setup.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Yeah I think I'm going to stick to clutched pulley.
Not keen on keeping an eye on my AFR's.... rather have peace of mind.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
cls55 amg
Originally Posted by CTSV_OR_E55
Not a rookie but no where near a vet, thanks for sharing your experience! where do you have your aux H/E's mounted?
No problem. I have 2 aux HE's... one is mounted in front of the radiator on the driver's side and the other is mounted in front of the stock HE below the crash bar more towards the passenger side of the car.

To be honest my main reason for going fixed pulley originally was to avoid the inevitable grenade-ing of the smaller clutched pulleys. I was told by one of the more veteran members on this board that they are bound to fail every 5-10k miles and you just have to buy another one. If I didnt drive as much as I do I may have considered the clutched pulley but given the miles I put on the car I would have be replacing a blown up pulley 2-3 times/year and I cant have that.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz W211 E55 AMG
Intake Shmintake

Originally Posted by CTSV_OR_E55
Just through the search bringing this thread back alive. Just purchased an 04 and looking into the 77mm pulley. Right now its bone stock and still learning alot about this car and precautionary stuff. Antyhing else I need with a 77mm pulley and tune such as plugs or injectors? I'm also in Denver so elevation will play a small part. Also I've done plenty searches for Intakes for the w211 and havent really come up with too much, there are alot of custom intakes I'm finding. can someone point me in a good direction as far as intakes go. Thanks!
Originally posted this;

I think you should stay away from custom intakes. They are expensive and don't really do anything for you with respect to performance (in most cases you lose HP and increase heat soak). I'm told the only reason to justify a custom is purly aesthetics and additional supercharger whine. So with that in mind, decide whether that's works $1000 to you.

And then read all the comments and see this has been put to bed.

In regards to the HE and IC pump those are the first two mods that should be done with the SC oil being replaced next. Super good advise so far. For the HE I recommend purchasing from Frozen Boost unless you wanna give FTP and extra $200 for the exact same product (minus the connecting brackets and male hose inlets). That's right, $200 for a V2 Dual Pass HE!! Rumor has it FTP buys from Frozen Boost, welds 2 1.5 inch vertical brackets, adds 2 0.5 inch male inlets and stencils FTP on the front then wants to turn around and charge $380+ shipping for that. No thanks. For the IC pump go Bosch 010. Installation is straight forward if you're used to wrenching yourself.

Once you have the HE, IC Pump and SC oil taken care of it's time for Mid Length Headers, primary Cat delete and X Pipes. Don't bother with the Longtube Headers as you're only gonna gain 30rwhp but you will spend an extra $2000 for that 30hp. Personally I'll find the extra 30hp elsewhere for far less than $2000 but that's just me. Mid Length Headers will run you about $700 (not including X pipes) but that adds a 15-20% overall increase in performance so this is a must. Be sure to have them ceramic coated prior to installing. Anything to keep heat down in these engines is really gonna help you in the long run.

After that go 77mm, Belt Wrap Kit and Tune. UPD offers a great package deal on this (around $1400) so I highly recommend buying all 3 from them at once. Talk to Shardul.

Welcome to the community. I recommend getting on the "E55 AMG Place! W210 W211" Facebook page for additional tips and fellowship.

Last edited by sealrockswell; 09-18-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG
77mm How many inches?

77 mm supercharger pulley does anyone know how many inches it is? Thanks