Sponsored by:

77mm Fixed Supercharger Pulley & Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, E55 AMG
77mm Fixed Supercharger Pulley & Eurocharged Tune

So i managed to get the time to finally get the fixed supercharger pulley in after having it sit on the shelf for a few months. I understand that Eurocharged are no longer selling or tuning for these as some are having complications with the infamous Throttle Body hiccup. Im not posting to cover the same issues others have addressed, i myself have not upgraded the throttle body and let me say i have put nearly 500kms or 310 miles on the car since the upgrade and ill say now that the car has never run better. Feels amazing to rid the car of that sluggish supercharger clutch, the car is now a complete animal, especially in sport mode which takes quite a bit of time to get use to. Pretty sure i schit myself when i first took the car out and almost snapped my neck with the loads of torque on tap and the peppiness of the new fixed pulley design. C mode is a little easier to drive but the power is stil there when u want it. Im sure many others on here can back me up to say that they broke the tyres lose without even trying. With only a johnson cm30 and a FTP dual pass front mount H/E my IAT's stay 10 degrees celsius above ambient while cruising/vacuum which is understandable considering the supercharger is always spinning. for those who are too scared to go anywhere near the crank pulley this is the mod for you, especially if your a DIY'er. Takes literally 30 minutes to install just get a decent impact wrench to loosen the supercharger bolt, - needs to be attacked by jacking up engine or through wiggling up the fan shroud and getting an extension through it. Reinstaling the new one by lining up the pins with the non threaded holes and torquing bolt down to 40ft lbs. No shims to worry about! Fold the prongs of the resistor into the supercharger clutch wiring harness and your good to go. i really hope Eurocharged can figure out the issues others are having with upgraded Throttle bodies. i know for sure that the tune for the cars not running upgraded TB's is spot on and i understand that Jerry has put so much time an effort into getting the tune to work flawlessly. Im sure we would all hate for his time an effort to go to waste and i hope he TB issue gets ironed out. I personally have had no issues and have driven the car at various speeds and conditions with no worries. This Mod is well worth the money and is a real asset to the M113K community, extending my gratitude to Ultimate Performance & Design (UPD) the creators and to Eurocharged for the TUNE. i really hope this product hits the shelves again for everyone else to enjoy the clutchless design, the power that comes with a 77mm (+85rwhp) all with the ease of the install compared to a 180mm crank. Just dont forget to stay on top of and monitor your IATs! Will be getting the car on the dyno soon and will report my findings accordingly.
For those who have no experienced the fixed pulleys, your missing out on alot of fun and a Schit load of smiles from your buddies riding along with you. Be warned that you may need to install a neck brace into each seat of the car and get use to the words Hooolyy S*** and OMG What The F***
i know there have been quiet a few threads on this topic but just thought id share my experience for the fence sitters and my hopes that all of Jerry's time and effort doesnt go to waste and that the TB issue is ironed out for those in a difficult situation wanting to run a Fixed Pulley.
The following users liked this post:
Rpkxnoscope (05-25-2020)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Very nice!! Finally one of the satisfied FSP customers has posted a review... long overdue!!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Watched one of these attempt to get tuned last night. Everyone was chasing their tails trying to figure out why the car was falling off at only 5300 rpm power wise. We could hear a funny high pitched sound at the upper rpms while on the dyno and the conclusion is we think there is belt slip. Data logging the car we saw a 3 psi drop in boost at 5700rpm so there is a hope that with a belt wrap kit the car will hold boost and the power will continue to climb in the last 1000rpm. The car did like 443whp and 505wtq or something like with the 77mm pulley no 2nd cats and carbonio airbox.

So in conclusion if you are going to try to run that smaller pulley you need to log boost to see if it is holding and may need a belt wrap kit.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
FYI - C mode starts the car in 2nd gear....

Just another item for the e55 I want but don't need....Thanks Shardul!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
I am still running the fixed pulley and am still working on solving that hiccup. I just moved to a new house, so the car stuff has been on the back burner as I have been getting settled in.

The simple fix is for me to just go back to the clutched pulley, but the fact that the car is so much more of a beastly freak with this fixed pulley means I just can't handle going back. The new Boss 302 that got thoroughly destroyed at a red light on Friday night knows what I'm talking about.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
That's awesome so basically your car is flawless right now with the FSP....what are you using to log and monitor your vitals.... What other modifications do you have on your car?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Denroll have you tried to drop down to a stock 74TB and see if you still get the code then you can eliminate some of the variables. It should be as easy as an adapter plate and change the TB cable then work your way back up to the larger TB.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Roverron
Denroll have you tried to drop down to a stock 74TB and see if you still get the code then you can eliminate some of the variables. It should be as easy as an adapter plate and change the TB cable then work your way back up to the larger TB.
I want to contaminate the fixed pulley thread but just while you're mentioning the throttlebody hiccups. I read yesterday that's sir-boost a lot switched to the 90 mm throttlebody and he got his weistec tune done and he no longer has the hiccup.

And I think you have to pull the supercharger to get the throttlebody switched over unless he has some adapter plate and whatnot and just put the 90 mm on, but no one wants a lean spike
Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 PM

ML63
If you are going down in size you will only need to plate it and not change the snout.
The snout is the only reason why you have to pull the S/C.
The OP said he hasn't had any issues with the 74 on his fixed pulley.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
More likely than not sir boost alot lean issue will come back , you are adding more air to a bad situation, some ecus do not like bigger tb. On the fixed pulley how are the runs from a dig to wot , how is the shifting?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:53 PM

C63 AMG, E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
That's awesome so basically your car is flawless right now with the FSP....what are you using to log and monitor your vitals.... What other modifications do you have on your car?
Modifications appear in my signature. The 77mm is the major power mod and others such as belt wrap kit and 550cc injectors supporting mods. Im currently running a PLX KIWI WIFI II to the Dashcommand iphone app to log IAT's temporarily, but will need to invest in some wideband O2 sensors to log fueling and to be safe.

I think Denroll's comments sum everything up really well. Those that have tried the FSP and are having issues just cant let it go because the car has lost all sanity with it on. Throttle response and boost are INSTANT! With that being an understatement for lack of a better word. That poor Boss 302 didnt know what was coming for him.

From a dig there is alot of wheel spin up until 3rd but nothing uncontrollable with the ecu limiting power and keeping the tyres to the ground. Unless ESP is off. However the Launch is just mental from a dig to WOT. You will leave 99% of cars for dust from stop light, the only worry you have is trying to control your heart rate from the fact that the car scares the sh** out of you with instant boost and power. The gears change very quickly now as you climb through the RPMS. The only thing i have noticed is the car likes to hold the gears just a little longer while cruising. This was the case before in S mode, and is perfectly normal even for the stock cars. other than that gear changes happen more often and seem to be a little raspier.

Let me also say that the supercharger whine is so f***ing loud now, you can hear it from inside the cabin like its originating from inside the cabin, would love to hear what other road users are getting.

For what it takes and costs to install the product is well worth the money. Prices should be more expensive then the clutched pullies, just for the pure fact that once you try the FSP, i dont understand why anyone would want to run a clutch pulley on the blower, other then for safety if they are not logging IATs. Knowing mercedes the clutch is there for fuel economy and safety, but for us i feel it was a burden, our cars run Bypass valves and we are able to log IATs.

For what it takes i needed to provide an independent review for those sitting on the fence with this mod and truly express my findings. this topic has gone quiet for some time now, and i feel for Jerry who has put alot of time and effort into the FSPs, not to mention Shardul and UPD, to just take them from sale at Eurocharged. Together we can help address the issues others are having with TBs, by reporting our findings and make this mod a true asset for all of us, running a supercharger as it is intended to be run and that is without the sluggish clutch intended primarily for fuel economy.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
^K&N Filters? Say goodbye to your MAF
Old 01-12-2014, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Ummmm....what MAF?
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 PM

C63 AMG, E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
^K&N Filters? Say goodbye to your MAF
W211 E55 AMG's do not run a MAF, the engines supercharged! It runs a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor or MAP.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
My mistake, does the same risk apply though with oil from the filters ruining the sensor or is that just on N/A setups?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RAWE55
W211 E55 AMG's do not run a MAF, the engines supercharged! It runs a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor or MAP.
What does the engine being supercharged have to do with anything? While yes the 55k only has a map sensor and is speed density my supercharged ctsv has a maf and map sensor.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
^Did you just mention a CTS-V? Let me go alert Prada.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Originally Posted by Denroll
/thread
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Denroll
For the love of bejesus, spare us all.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Fwiw, I didn't retune yet. All I did was swap throttle bodies and air filter and the problem went away.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Watched one of these attempt to get tuned last night. Everyone was chasing their tails trying to figure out why the car was falling off at only 5300 rpm power wise. We could hear a funny high pitched sound at the upper rpms while on the dyno and the conclusion is we think there is belt slip. Data logging the car we saw a 3 psi drop in boost at 5700rpm so there is a hope that with a belt wrap kit the car will hold boost and the power will continue to climb in the last 1000rpm. The car did like 443whp and 505wtq or something like with the 77mm pulley no 2nd cats and carbonio airbox.

So in conclusion if you are going to try to run that smaller pulley you need to log boost to see if it is holding and may need a belt wrap kit.
spoke to shardull today and put an order for it and going to pay for it on monday,

P.S thanks for that insane ride in your insane cts-V.. it is one FAST car
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
and yes i did mention urban worm cts-V, because it needs to be mentioned on how crazy it is,

plus thanks for all your help at rag tek on saturday
Old 01-12-2014, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by Manuyc
and yes i did mention urban worm cts-V, because it needs to be mentioned on how crazy it is,

plus thanks for all your help at rag tek on saturday
Yah we had a good time, and some monster pulls lol
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
RAWE55, nice write up!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
My car has been up and running for two months with only a handful of "hiccup" issues since Jerry's last tune. Car runs hard, pretty much useless low end 1st and 2nd but I also have a HS converter. I really like this mod- I'm running a 77mm upper with BWK, stock lower and 90mm TB. Not seeing any belt slip as far as I can tell on my logs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 77mm Fixed Supercharger Pulley & Eurocharged Tune