W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fast have you taken your e55? Any one over 150mph?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ez-go
I want more stories!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55, 1997 Mustang Cobra Conv
So, BEFORE all this recent snow, I took her for a little spirited run on the highway & grabbed a quick snap during a 90-140 jump...was still pulling hard but got close to a questionable area for the local constabulary! If it takes about 23 sec from 0 to top out, how long you think from 90? (my typical cruising speed when highways are clear)

Photo Jan 17, 9 20 16 AM by rxsamg, on Flickr
Old 02-02-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Last night Temp out was 40F and clear...Family went for dinner at a potluck. Left me at home with the AMG.

Light bulb!, HOOLIGAN MODE!!!

Went out, filled up gas, and started looking for trouble on the highways....and just let it rip until the gas light came on.....

Funny, when you look for trouble, you usually find it...

Loved every minute.

What a night...)

Also, anyone in Taos, NM??? Looking to just drive out there for a night, just to drive, this is the route I am taking. If anyone wants to join, the drive on HWY US-412 W/US-56 looks to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by p30amg08; 02-02-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55,172 pulley, H/E, shorty headers. 1985 280sl euro
Had to shut it down at 162 when my under carriage tray got sucked under my car. Scared the hell out of me as I thought I blew the engine. Immediately turned off the engine and pulled over. Very happy to see plastic tray beta to hell.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by Lee6082
Had to shut it down at 162 when my under carriage tray got sucked under my car. Scared the hell out of me as I thought I blew the engine. Immediately turned off the engine and pulled over. Very happy to see plastic tray beta to hell.
Same thing happened to me. Lol. Except I was driving 4 hours to Tampa and had no where to stop and fix it or take it off. 😱
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by p30amg08
Just curious, what are your state laws where you live if we get busted going 160 plus lol?? Yesterday after work I HAD to go on a drive.. I had not driven my car in about a week and was just itching to hear it roar and fly. 165 came around quick....NEED 4 SPEED
NC--- 20 and over (CAN) be arrested for. Really any speeding you could be taken in for, but that would be a rare really rookie move. Dumb in the Judges eyes. Citations for 9 over are pretty dumb in my book. You would have to act like an idiot to be taken in. ( Some do)

Some officers realize the spirited driving by a high end car for what it is. Not a smart thing but people do it. My thoughts are what happens at 130+ comes fast and quick and usually the outcome is pretty bad. Just a tire going out can be horrible. Bad thing is when someone else is injured or killed. We all know it can happen, but do think it can't happen to us. I DO apply this in a patrol car, even if I can do 140 legally, I don't. Nothing is worth the outcome. Yes, most AMG's are so much better built that 130 in a patrol car, even a Charger feels like 80-90 in a AMG. Keep this in mind when doing something like this. If stopped you have a better than average chance of going to jail. Trooper will likely write a ticket, but anyone else will take to jail. Troopers are just used to 100+ citations. Happens all the time.

15-20 over is mandatory court. I drop all to 14 so no court appearance. This lessens the traffic in court rooms and allows most people to just pay it. Honestly, in most situations, someone doing 15+ knows they are doing 15+, so if they are stopped and given a citation, the realize what they did. Rarely any arguing.

20+- Usually write it for exactly what it was, let the Judge decide what to do. 3am and not drinking, by themselves on the road, likely a stiff warning for me. I want a drunk at that time.https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/driving.gif

Trap is when an officer write one person one way and another a different way with no real reason why. This can be brought up in court and used against you. race, gender, or area your in, can all play factors. Yes, An officer can and does have legal options what to do, can write or not, its his or her decision.

Crying girl=ticket
Crying guy= gotta be careful you might get a stalker and you have to be politically correct
Calling you a racist= ticket
Arguing=ticket
Be nice and polite, say you realize that you were wrong, and you should not have done what you did and you just were not thinking. Wanted to see how smooth the car was at speed. testing it. Not smart, could you help me out maybe officer???

This might help you out. Officers are expecting a drunk (warrant), or an argument and a trooper is likely pissed, so be polite and respectful will keep you in the drivers seat and at least home that night. Might cost you a bunch, but that is better than an arrest record.

Whatever you do, Don't tell someone they better control their Baby Mama or she will go to jail. Baby Momma and Baby Daddy don't play well in court. Somehow that has to be explained why you said those words. https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Old 03-18-2014, 11:51 AM

2003 E55 AMG
i may or may not have laid the smack down on a new GT500 at 168mph last year....
Old 03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
NC--- 20 and over (CAN) be arrested for. Really any speeding you could be taken in for, but that would be a rare really rookie move. Dumb in the Judges eyes. Citations for 9 over are pretty dumb in my book. You would have to act like an idiot to be taken in. ( Some do)

Some officers realize the spirited driving by a high end car for what it is. Not a smart thing but people do it. My thoughts are what happens at 130+ comes fast and quick and usually the outcome is pretty bad. Just a tire going out can be horrible. Bad thing is when someone else is injured or killed. We all know it can happen, but do think it can't happen to us. I DO apply this in a patrol car, even if I can do 140 legally, I don't. Nothing is worth the outcome. Yes, most AMG's are so much better built that 130 in a patrol car, even a Charger feels like 80-90 in a AMG. Keep this in mind when doing something like this. If stopped you have a better than average chance of going to jail. Trooper will likely write a ticket, but anyone else will take to jail. Troopers are just used to 100+ citations. Happens all the time.

15-20 over is mandatory court. I drop all to 14 so no court appearance. This lessens the traffic in court rooms and allows most people to just pay it. Honestly, in most situations, someone doing 15+ knows they are doing 15+, so if they are stopped and given a citation, the realize what they did. Rarely any arguing.

20+- Usually write it for exactly what it was, let the Judge decide what to do. 3am and not drinking, by themselves on the road, likely a stiff warning for me. I want a drunk at that time.https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/driving.gif

Trap is when an officer write one person one way and another a different way with no real reason why. This can be brought up in court and used against you. race, gender, or area your in, can all play factors. Yes, An officer can and does have legal options what to do, can write or not, its his or her decision.

Crying girl=ticket
Crying guy= gotta be careful you might get a stalker and you have to be politically correct
Calling you a racist= ticket
Arguing=ticket
Be nice and polite, say you realize that you were wrong, and you should not have done what you did and you just were not thinking. Wanted to see how smooth the car was at speed. testing it. Not smart, could you help me out maybe officer???

This might help you out. Officers are expecting a drunk (warrant), or an argument and a trooper is likely pissed, so be polite and respectful will keep you in the drivers seat and at least home that night. Might cost you a bunch, but that is better than an arrest record.

Whatever you do, Don't tell someone they better control their Baby Mama or she will go to jail. Baby Momma and Baby Daddy don't play well in court. Somehow that has to be explained why you said those words. https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Personal story time. Got pulled doing 133. Trooper didn't arrest because I was cool about it. Judges offer is 2 days in jail OR 150 hours community service, defensive driving class, year of probation. ****ing guy said it "shocked his conscience." Would love to see the look on the *****s face looking at this thread.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:41 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by G_Money
Personal story time. Got pulled doing 133. Trooper didn't arrest because I was cool about it. Judges offer is 2 days in jail OR 150 hours community service, defensive driving class, year of probation. ****ing guy said it "shocked his conscience." Would love to see the look on the *****s face looking at this thread.
If you live or work near an interstate, numbers below 150 are normal most of the time. Above 150 is a diff matter. Different atmosphere up there. Personally clocked a 186 (corvette headed the other way on a divided interstate, (I guessed 180 before hitting with radar, so close) didn't even bother, just put lights on for a minute to get him to slow down. He did and I went on my way. No way to turn around then if he sped back up I would have never got him, and I would have had to run 140+ to run him down for miles. No reason to endanger more of the public for that. Gotta use common sense.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 PM

w219 cls55
If you live or work near an interstate, numbers below 150 are normal most of the time. Above 150 is a diff matter. Different atmosphere up there. Personally clocked a 186 (corvette headed the other way on a divided interstate, (I guessed 180 before hitting with radar, so close) didn't even bother, just put lights on for a minute to get him to slow down. He did and I went on my way. No way to turn around then if he sped back up I would have never got him, and I would have had to run 140+ to run him down for miles. No reason to endanger more of the public for that. Gotta use common sense.
Just curious, what county in NC are you located?
Old 03-18-2014, 06:56 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson
Just curious, what county in NC are you located?
Gonna keep that to myself respectively, however to the southwest?????

I only go there to work, I live in SC at the beach.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Gonna keep that to myself respectively, however to the southwest?????

I only go there to work, I live in SC at the beach.
I'm in the southwest every so often since my daughter goes to school there. Next time I'll take the beast.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
I'm in the southwest every so often since my daughter goes to school there. Next time I'll take the beast.
I rarely see a E AMG, there all C's or S's. Actually more S's than anything. I think I got 3 S63's running around near me.

When I ran into a member in Charleston last weekend it was neat to see a car that was an E, then find out it was a member.

Yours from what I read is a monster anyway, I am sure its set up for short runs, but would love to actually see what a modified E would run top end. A service member posted something like he has seen 198 or so in Germany. Wow, I am sure they will break 200.

Enjoy fellas,
Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
I rarely see a E AMG, there all C's or S's. Actually more S's than anything. I think I got 3 S63's running around near me.

When I ran into a member in Charleston last weekend it was neat to see a car that was an E, then find out it was a member.

Yours from what I read is a monster anyway, I am sure its set up for short runs, but would love to actually see what a modified E would run top end. A service member posted something like he has seen 198 or so in Germany. Wow, I am sure they will break 200.

Enjoy fellas,
My TT setup is about done, so it should pull nice top end runs. But I never speed out of state. Don't want to have to come back just for court. I'll let you know when I'm heading up there again.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
My TT setup is about done, so it should pull nice top end runs. But I never speed out of state. Don't want to have to come back just for court. I'll let you know when I'm heading up there again.
Off topic--------But very nice launch capabilities, nice car too very impressive. Wont be taking mine there myself but a run here or there will be nice sometime. If I am down in your neck of the woods, I will hit you up. Should be mid summer. Some work to do
Old 03-19-2014, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
4 years ago

Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Highest for me was 130 racing a modded Mustang 5.0 in Mexico City, Mexico from 20-130.

Man, I destroyed that car it wasn't even close. And he got the first punch, too!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
bro out of state speeding is the best kind! i learned this in my constant travels from FL to TN.... when i get tickets in GA as long as its not 15mph over the posted limit then the points dont go on your record as GA doesnt report the ticket to out of state licenses unless its 15+ over...

so i just set the cruise control to 84mph and coast thru GA knowing not one point is ever gonna go on my driving record

i did get one there one time where i was going 96mph on i-75 (limit is 70) and $250 lawyer fee got it reduced to 84mph and no points
Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 PM

04 E55 AMG
To my knowledge certain states have crossovers and certain ones don't, if you have a commercial drivers license or CDL I think the points crossover in any state. But my dad is a truck driver and I had heard from one of his drivers that if you get a ticket...over pay the ticket when the court clerk sends you back a check for the remaining refund or overpayment, don't cash the check .....with the check not being cashed, and the file/case not balanced out, the case never really closes to transfer the points....granted I heard this in the 90s ....don't know why I'm posting it but for five extra bucks .....send the extra dough on your next ticket and don't cash the check when it comes back. Or don't whatever ....sorry for the mutant post ..... By the way if you go over 160 miles an hour on the 160 IC but you have your instrument cluster set to digital miles per hour will you be able to see the digital climb Past 160 ?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:05 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Man55 is right on the crossovers. DMV's and Insurance companies do all that so its hard to tell which ones do and which ones don't. Its likely on the web somewhere.

That check thing doesn't work. They don't care if its not cashed, the citation is already entered into a diff system, accounting will not even notice the check not cashed till audit time, or tax time the next physical year. Old myth, that might have worked years ago in some areas, but not now.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by berti_00
Old 04-06-2014, 08:43 PM

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
I live in Texas (DFW area) and I think I was doing around 150mph or so (my car is stock). I just bought the new Michelin tires Pilot Sport(A/S 3) All Season
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 AM

AMG E63
Ive done 300km/h with my 63. The handling of this car is like an aircraft Carrier. Im close to **** my pants every time i go faster then 200km /h
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 Coupe
Took the old 06 CLS55 up to about 130mph, was smooth. The E63 I just got 2 weeks ago & haven't had it over 104 yet but I am on deferred due to a prior ticket, so I'll be babying it around the next 2mo.

Non amg cars...
01 c5 vette…169mph & was tight(not amg tight) but it sounded like the targa top was getting ready to pop off at any sec lol
08 R1…171mph, even being tucked it gets hard to breathe from all that air flow/pressure on the chest
Old 04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Little over 180 mph but did it legally at the Texas mile event.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How fast have you taken your e55? Any one over 150mph?