Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Angry Horrible MBH customer service

It's been long enough, and i waited beyond any possible person can wait. I have been more then FAIR!

Bottom line, I was looking for an exhaust system to replace my Floor fab setup due to the constant leaks, fitment issues and over all loudness of the system (on a CLS its very loud)

Contacted mike MBH and inquired about their headers, cats and x pipe and was insured i would not run into any issues, and i made it clear i did not want any of these issues to repeat them selves again...

Well emails below (i have so many and PM's i have lost track, but they are there for reference and to give you an idea).

As with all vendors on this board once the sale is done you have to chase them to no end to get their product to work....OVER a year for header fitment resolution and still nothing

what's even worse is all the people who post positively, suddenly tell you other wise through PM's about fitment issues, useless X pipes, no response, long delays and so forth

References The general theme behind them all is I refer to an issue and if I get a response it will be ''We will look into it'' Then, you get left in the dark for countless weeks/months

On 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
title Re: Header rubbing under load issue CLS55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Just an update, we will have a car on the lift in the next week of so to see if we can sort out your issue. I haven't forgot about you and I will make sure you get something that works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod

Hello mate been a while,

finally getting round to sorting this issue out (header pipes touching the under body of car under heavy load), as i have been preoccupied with marriage, honey moon, getting house done, work etc )

Now my main issue with sending the header is the down time. So here is what i propose.

I send you a deposit for a new header/ connecting pipes to x pipe. Once i receive it install and test and all is well, i send you the old one as a replacement and you refund me the deposit.

Sounds fair enough yes?

Now my issue is how do you know what to fix?
You need pics or measurements from my end?

Thx

On 4 December 2012 10:26
MBH motorsports
SPONSOR

to me

I will look into some options for you. maybe catless option or a lower profile cat could help. I'll look into it.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Me wrote:

Mike!

My main issue is left cat is touching the floor underbody under full loud, and I get slight humming in the cabin while cruising due to it been so close.

This is not Expectable for a daily car, and would appreciate a fix please...

Tell me what you need me to do and how we can get this fixed.

Hammering away at the car Chase is not solution my MB tech excepts.
I had nightmares with my floor fab system, don't want to go through it all again please.

It's racing time here now mate, and we do not have a long winter
The sooner this is fixed the happier I will be.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:39 PM, Me wrote:

> Hello mike,
> Got the mike tubes on and so far so good, bad a little hiccup with minor leaking at the resonator connection that we are sorting out.
>
> There is Something I need to confirm though, we had to modify this bracket as it was rubbing
> <image.jpeg>
>
>
> The CAT on the left seems to ever so slightly touch the car body under full load, any fix for this ?
>
> Also is it normal for the secondary O2 pipes to be off centre as seen in pic?
> Can't move these as they r part of the test pipes( right is higher up then left)
>
> <image.jpeg>
>
>
> Waiting to hear back
>
> Sent from my iPhone

--
Mike Hooley
MBH Motorsports
www.mbhmotorsports.com
Stainless Steel Headers for Mercedes-Benz

Me
04/12/2012

to Mike
My tech said the collector pipe coming down from the Left LT needs to be slightly lower by about 1 cm to push the Cat/Xpipe down off the car under body.

As you know there is no play from the header side as that is fixed and the X pipe/ cats are forced to line up with them, thus dictating their location.

my worry is if you make an adjusted to the Left LT, will that throw my X pipe/ cat combo off center and not make it fit/Aline with both LTH's conection points.

So yes tell me what you need me to do ( measurements) to get this sorted please

I would like to get this resolved and done right to insure fitment as shipping is a hassle

Thx

Me
06/12/2012

to Mike
mike i want to enjoy the car in the winter!
I have a large group of car enthusiast i tag along with and they keep inviting me and my response has not changed ...my headers are not done....

Me
12/12/2012

to Mike
Mike, can I get a solution already been , over 3 weeks just to get a response for a solution!

I was expecting a fix ,or new parts by now to enjoy my beast in our racing weather.

Will have to ask the board for help I guess, which is not something I was expecting after the good reviews I heard...

Sent from my iPhone

Mike@mbhmotorsports.com Mike@mbhmotorsports.com
12/12/2012

to me
We are working on a solution for you.
Attached Thumbnails Horrible MBH customer service-image-1-.png   Horrible MBH customer service-image.png  

Last edited by Zod; 01-23-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M5 + E55 AMG
3 weeks and all you heard was "we are working on a solution for you."

That is totally unacceptable. Either fix the man's problems or issue a refund for your shoddy product, MBH.

Worst comes to worst, put in a charge back with your credit card company for a misrepresented product. That always gets the seller's attention. Usually they find some magical solution immediately.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
We will send a new header next week. I could be mistaken but I thought we were waiting on something from your last conversation. Also personal emails shouldnt be posted on the forum
Old 01-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
We will send a new header next week. I could be mistaken but I thought we were waiting on something from your last conversation. Also personal emails shouldnt be posted on the forum
Mike, I shouldn't be the one chasing or following up with you. I truly believe you are a good guy...but come one this is the 2nd winter now where i still have the same issue.

I even offered to pay you a full deposit as good will for the replacement and if it all bolted on with no issues i would send you the old one. that's me going the extra mile...am the customer

What i have is Headers, Cats and X pipe all from you.

Just please be sure you test it on a CLS and insure it does not rub under any load or steering wheel locking with load applied

will post updates if I actually do get a resolution
Old 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
Im sure mike will work it out we had many phone chats about his products etc and i was always able to get a hold of him. he even answered my calls everytime i called him at lunch lol. Great product mbh hang in there work it out its worth it.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by 99lightning
Im sure mike will work it out we had many phone chats about his products etc and i was always able to get a hold of him. he even answered my calls everytime i called him at lunch lol. Great product mbh hang in there work it out its worth it.
The first email was in 2012! I would not call that "good customer service"! Its been 2 friggin years!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:00 PM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 99lightning
Lol. Are you really so naive?

Most vendors - just like in OP's case - are quick to respond right up until the sale is completed. After sales service? Looks like you might have to wait OVER ONE YEAR to resolve a glaring issue with the product.

OP has way more patience than I do. I'm appalled you didn't get the credit card company involved here. I would never stand for a seller to drop the ball so heavily, not a year. A few weeks at most.

Thanks to OP for warning fellow members of this horrible customer service experience. I know I won't be buying anything from MBH.

I hope it works out. MBH should be bending over backwards for you at this point. Repeatedly.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Great product but not so great customer service. Plain wrong two years later and resolved. I feel bad for the guys on the Middle East getting this type of customer service
Old 01-23-2014, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 ford lightning
just saying my experience start to finish was good. Since i do like the product he has i hope it gets resolved for you.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:31 PM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Fair enough.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Wow, that's not good customer service at all. I remember I sent MBH a PM on here asking for a quote for the LT header setup on a CLS55, and they didn't even care to respond...now that's a company that isn't deserving of my money.
The following users liked this post:
The_Wood (09-19-2020)
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
looks like all these companies on the forum are going downhill, its a shame because you've got all us guys here spending thousands and thousands of dollars and you would expect to get some costumer service
Old 01-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by berti_00
looks like all these companies on the forum are going downhill, its a shame because you've got all us guys here spending thousands and thousands of dollars and you would expect to get some costumer service
I guess it's just the nature of the beast. I don't think I've ever heard of good customer service after the purchase from companies that sell aftermarket items.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

we are not going down hill, this is just a mix up that played out over time through some miscommunication on our end. We are sending a new header out next week.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Wow ,was thinking of getting a set of these in the near future,not anymore
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Zayed, he is fitting the header to a different CLS and sending it to you? New vs old motors mounts can make a difference if thats the case.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
oh boy another one of these stories: good luck on a resolution OP
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 ford lightning
0 issues here still suprised.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:18 AM

cls55amg
I am waiting 4 weeks LT headers and last 3 days no any answer from them ... how its possible work like this... ?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
That's pretty sh-itty costumer service if you ask me.... ^^^
Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 PM

2006 E55
SMH....good timing on the post. Was planning on ordering mine tomorrow..not anymore!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We are extremely busy filling orders. It's best to just call me rather then send an email that could get lost with in all the emails I get. We try and do things in a timely fashion, but we cant rush quality. Orders are built on a first come basis . Bottom line is everyone gets their order and it built to a very high standard.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 ford lightning
I agree call him that's how I always got a hold of him. Never had a issue.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by vitoldas
I am waiting 4 weeks LT headers and last 3 days no any answer from them ... how its possible work like this... ?
When you charge $3500 for a set of headers, you can afford to screw around, A LOT i guess.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55 AMG | Buell Lightning XB12
It's best to just call me rather then send an email that could get lost with in all the emails I get.
I was looking to buy a set of headers and accessories some months ago, so I contacted your company through the website form, as well as the number on the site and never heard anything back at all. I make no assumptions as to the quality of service or product, but to a potential customer, it seemed as if you guys had gone out of business. -If you know what I mean.