W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
I am not affiliated with K-Mac, but I have to step up here about the 28 days Warranty talk.
I bought a set of K-Mac bushings maybe 2.5 years ago, and I had issues with them (Rear Camber not holding up), Kevin and K-Mac were stellar and gave me a free exchange more than 2 years after. I currently run them in the front and I am very happy with them.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by timeToy
I am not affiliated with K-Mac, but I have to step up here about the 28 days Warranty talk.
I bought a set of K-Mac bushings maybe 2.5 years ago, and I had issues with them (Rear Camber not holding up), Kevin and K-Mac were stellar and gave me a free exchange more than 2 years after. I currently run them in the front and I am very happy with them.
So why are you only running them in the fronts now?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 88 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by timeToy
The issue people are having, it seems, is with the rears.

Nobody has complained (from what I've heard and read) on both the BMW forums and here in the MB community.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
I'm on my second failed Kmac bushing. Each lower control arm bushing will lasted about 6-7k miles than collapsed, twisted. My driver front is making all kind of creaking noise on a turn. Haven't had time to fix it yet. I'm going to replace both arms and bushings with MB parts. KMAc suck! Save your money.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
Just to give my input, I am on my 5k miles on front and rear Kmac's and no problems so far in all areas. I will do another inspect at 7k.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pnoyworx
Just to give my input, I am on my 5k miles on front and rear Kmac's and no problems so far in all areas. I will do another inspect at 7k.
5k miles was about all mine could take so it's good to hear at least one person made it that far without problems! When you do your 7k mile inspection please post pics of the rear bushings.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most of my miles are highway. City driving put more stress on the bushing that why it doesn't last.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Oh the controversy - its no wonder that most opposition alignment company's do not get involved in designing, creating new products. finding it is so much less stress to sit on the fence.

But its not like that at K-MAC. Now 50 years out their designing, developing and proudly in-house manufacturing of suspension upgrades.

Good or bad feedback it all aids the end result - our aim of making "Simply the Best".

As we pointed out its helped in achieving more new design patents then all other alignment and bush kit companies combined.

WARRANTY GUARANTEE: Special thanks to input of MBWorld members who have had, first hand experience with K-MAC's after sales service.

TIMETOY - "bought front and rear kit 2.5 years ago - free exchange more than 2 years after."

Greg MB -"I've got complete set of the K-MAC bushing kits. . . . provided me samples of the "upgraded" parts. . . I can say it is refreshing to see a vendor who takes real life feedback from users."

With Paul Westcott another purchaser. . . "thank you K-MAC for exceeding my expectations in both quality and attention to detail with the new parts. I was shocked when I opened the box and saw everything you went through to help me."

RACING FEEDBACK: Just completed patented design front replacement top strut mounts that provide precise Camber and Caster adjustment in Street and Race versions to suit the current model BMW F20 and F30 series.

Bill Cass of Florida advises - on receiving and examining this K-MAC Stage 3 Race kit for his F30 'M' series discarded the opposition purchase ".. there product has so many flaws its not even funny anymore" (sounds familiar!!). Enthusiastically advising then tested at Sebring "car had a ton of extra grip - keeping up with and passing new Porsche 991 turbos. Cayman R's - they on Hoosiers and I on street tires"!

So above type of feedback makes it all worth while.

GETTING BACK TO K-MAC . . . Front and Rear adjusters to suit Mercedes models!

Peter OZAMG - Re failed front bush. We really want/need to have a look at it. advise your address. We'll send off a new current kit with a return satchel so we can advise/examine/resolve the problem.

Re REAR KITS. . . . Same with the 6 or so unhappy members. Please get in contact so can resolve. We do point out both front and rear kits we have been manufacturing now since 2006 (8 years) with over 1000 kits sold.

1. The K-MAC basic design has been proven now for close on 20 years. Its simply - Fit and Forget. Unlike spherical bearings there's no premature pounding out and metal to metal contact.

2. Principle behind it all is bolts must be tight. Ongoing improvements have been to increase the torque capacity. Hardened teeth washers and latest update is locking tabs where it is impossible, no matter what the conditions, for a bolt to loosen itself.

Pictures below are the very latest front and rear adjuster kits.
Attached Thumbnails K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.-front_kit_502216.jpg   K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.-rear_kit_502626k.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM

04 E55 AMG
I didn't even open the boxes I purchased from you.... but I have a front and rear kit for 04 E55, if I don't have the updated version and I purchase both kits from you within the last year, can I get the newer updated version please....Thank You.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I appreciate you being here and responding to the backlash but let's not sugarcoat the positive feedback by quoting people with with unrelated parts or people that haven't even installed their W211 kits. Quality parts speak for themselves so until long term reliability can be proven, there's nothing you can say to cover up what too many people have gone through with your bushings.

Originally Posted by K-Mac
Oh the controversy - its no wonder that most opposition alignment company's do not get involved in designing, creating new products. finding it is so much less stress to sit on the fence.

But its not like that at K-MAC. Now 50 years out their designing, developing and proudly in-house manufacturing of suspension upgrades.

Good or bad feedback it all aids the end result - our aim of making "Simply the Best".

As we pointed out its helped in achieving more new design patents then all other alignment and bush kit companies combined.

WARRANTY GUARANTEE: Special thanks to input of MBWorld members who have had, first hand experience with K-MAC's after sales service.

TIMETOY - "bought front and rear kit 2.5 years ago - free exchange more than 2 years after."

Greg MB -"I've got complete set of the K-MAC bushing kits. . . . provided me samples of the "upgraded" parts. . . I can say it is refreshing to see a vendor who takes real life feedback from users."

With Paul Westcott another purchaser. . . "thank you K-MAC for exceeding my expectations in both quality and attention to detail with the new parts. I was shocked when I opened the box and saw everything you went through to help me."

RACING FEEDBACK: Just completed patented design front replacement top strut mounts that provide precise Camber and Caster adjustment in Street and Race versions to suit the current model BMW F20 and F30 series.

Bill Cass of Florida advises - on receiving and examining this K-MAC Stage 3 Race kit for his F30 'M' series discarded the opposition purchase ".. there product has so many flaws its not even funny anymore" (sounds familiar!!). Enthusiastically advising then tested at Sebring "car had a ton of extra grip - keeping up with and passing new Porsche 991 turbos. Cayman R's - they on Hoosiers and I on street tires"!

So above type of feedback makes it all worth while.

GETTING BACK TO K-MAC . . . Front and Rear adjusters to suit Mercedes models!

Peter OZAMG - Re failed front bush. We really want/need to have a look at it. advise your address. We'll send off a new current kit with a return satchel so we can advise/examine/resolve the problem.

Re REAR KITS. . . . Same with the 6 or so unhappy members. Please get in contact so can resolve. We do point out both front and rear kits we have been manufacturing now since 2006 (8 years) with over 1000 kits sold.

1. The K-MAC basic design has been proven now for close on 20 years. Its simply - Fit and Forget. Unlike spherical bearings there's no premature pounding out and metal to metal contact.

2. Principle behind it all is bolts must be tight. Ongoing improvements have been to increase the torque capacity. Hardened teeth washers and latest update is locking tabs where it is impossible, no matter what the conditions, for a bolt to loosen itself.

Pictures below are the very latest front and rear adjuster kits.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Peter OZAMG - Re failed front bush. We really want/need to have a look at it. advise your address. We'll send off a new current kit with a return satchel so we can advise/
Are you going to pay for the labor to get it remove and install the new one?
I feel like I'm testing your product on my own dime.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
Are you going to pay for the labor to get it remove and install the new one?
Or any of the multiple alignments?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
I didn't even open the boxes I purchased from you.... but I have a front and rear kit for 04 E55, if I don't have the updated version and I purchase both kits from you within the last year, can I get the newer updated version please....Thank You.

Simply PM me your phone number and can check out what you have.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG

As above thread points out these front and rear kits manufactured since 2006 (8 years) with over 1000 sold. Your front kit sold in close to equal proportion to the rear kit. A problem ratio of 0.2 for your front kit.

So PM me your phone number and can discuss/resolve.

Rear kit design dates back 19 years. K-MAC is only manufacturer to case harden and nickel chrome the center bushings.

With the result as mentioned inquiries re matching K-MAC elastomer bushings for this time period is so small that does not warrant a separate Part Number!

The 5 or 6 complaints here (remember in context over such a long period) we have offered replacement kits.

Yet time and again experience has shown loose connection is the problem.

With the current increased torque capacity and fail safe lock system this is now behind us.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E55 Amg
As above thread points out these front and rear kits manufactured since 2006 (8 years) with over 1000 sold. Your front kit sold in close to equal proportion to the rear kit. A problem ratio of 0.2 for your front kit.

So PM me your phone number and can discuss/resolve.

Rear kit design dates back 19 years. K-MAC is only manufacturer to case harden and nickel chrome the center bushings.

With the result as mentioned inquiries re matching K-MAC elastomer bushings for this time period is so small that does not warrant a separate Part Number!

The 5 or 6 complaints here (remember in context over such a long period) we have offered replacement kits.

Yet time and again experience has shown loose connection is the problem.

With the current increased torque capacity and fail safe lock system this is now behind us.
My rears failed miserably, had to pull them out and put the stock ones back in, bcuz i ran out and bought your product right away should I be punished for not waiting till you figured out the e55 problem that existed, if you told me they were crap I would have waited and bought them later when you guys figured it out, should I pay twice for your product?, here is my address 917 s. oakley blvd. chicago, IL 60612, feel free to impress me and send me your updated version of the e55 rears..
Old 06-06-2014, 05:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005- E55, 2007 GL450, 94 B3000
Well, after 5K on the rear K-Mac bushings....They are holding up just fine! I have not had any nuts loosening up. There has been no extreme deflection either. I did another alignment 1K ago after replacing the lower ball joints, and inner tie rods. The rear is holding strong at the set camber and toe.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Mercedes E55 Amg
Originally Posted by Try Me
My rears failed miserably, had to pull them out and put the stock ones back in, bcuz i ran out and bought your product right away should I be punished for not waiting till you figured out the e55 problem that existed, if you told me they were crap I would have waited and bought them later when you guys figured it out, should I pay twice for your product?, here is my address 917 s. oakley blvd. chicago, IL 60612, feel free to impress me and send me your updated version of the e55 rears..
Would just like to say thank you to K-Mac for sending me a free set of updated rears for my E55 after my early pair failed, nice to see someone stand behind the product.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
Would just like to say thank you to K-Mac for sending me a free set of updated rears for my E55 after my early pair failed, nice to see someone stand behind the product.
Wow. It's so nice to see a vendor stand behind their product like that. Kudos!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:41 AM

Mercedes E55 Amg
Originally Posted by typhoon43
Wow. It's so nice to see a vendor stand behind their product like that. Kudos!
Yep!! They saw me ***** here and without even notifying me they sent me a free set, I was totally shocked when it showed up, thanks again...
Old 06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep!! They saw me ***** here and without even notifying me they sent me a free set, I was totally shocked when it showed up, thanks again...

Kevin (@ KMAC) is the real deal....

He has been in constant communication with me about the E55 kits, and revisions he has made to improve them. There has been a lot of "fine tuning" of the design and componentry during the last 12 months or so, and the design as it sits now seems rock-solid.

I have been dragging my feet for a long time but now that I'm on my 3rd set of tires (in 3 years).... the costs to keep replacing tires is just getting stupid. I've got the KMAC parts and it's time to start putting them into service.....

I've decided to start with the rear "toe links" since I have a take-off set that I can practice on. I'll press-out the factory rubber bushings and use my 20-ton press to install the new adjustable bushing. That should be a good confidence builder.

K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.-img_9143.jpg

From there, I think I'll get an extra set of the lower control arms so that I can press in the KMAC parts to those as well. Then have my local MBZ dealer install them for me. I don't dare tackle the installation myself since this car is my DD.... if I mess something up, it's a long walk to work each day.

-G
Old 06-06-2014, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by GregMB
I don't dare tackle the installation myself since this car is my DD.... if I mess something up, it's a long walk to work each day.

-G
Wuss.

I need to get the rear install added to my guide.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HeissRod
Wuss.

I need to get the rear install added to my guide.

YES! Do that..... I'd like a clear plan to follow. If there is one area where Kevin's product still needs some improvement, it's the installation instructions. A step-by-step DIY would be a lot easier to follow (for me at least)!!!

-G
Old 06-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005- E55, 2007 GL450, 94 B3000
The rear bushings do not press in to the control arms. They mount in the rear subframe. The tool kit that is provided worked well for me.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:41 AM

ML63
Ill be on the list to order a set shortly.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55, 2003 IS300
I recently purchased a rear camber kit from K-mac even with the issues people have been having with them. I recieved my package within a very timely maner and everything looked like it was very good quality. I installed them on my 2004 E55 asap. Did the full install and alignment myself (Id like to add that Ive been a Mercedes service tech for 9 years). everything went great...or so I thought. Driving home with my new bushings for the first time, I rear suspension seemed very very stiff even driving in comfort suspension mode. Hmm... maybe something got out of wack with the rear shock dampening. Hooked up star diag...no codes, valves actuate correctly. Raised the car on a lift and inspected and found that the outer cups were being crushed between the control arm and the subframe, causing the rear suspension to basically lock up and not move much at all. I contacted kevin at K-mac immediatly. He told me I overtightened them, even though to torqued them to the recommended 122Nm(90Ft lbs) as stated in the instructions. I was advised to remove the cup washers, straighten them out, and only torque them to 60Ft. lbs this time. Did this as he said and same problem. the issue is that on the airmatic lower control arms, the inside of the control arm has a narrow point that is hitting the cup washer and crushing it up against the subframe. He then advisied me to remove material/ thin out the spot on the cup washer that is hitting the control arm. At this point I just requested my money back as I am not going to continue modifying something that should have been a bolt-up kit. Kevin responded and refunded me the $480 for the kit and said normally they would want the bushings back for inspection, but in this situation, that was not neccessary and that the cup washers are going to be changed to a thinner, stronger stainless steel and that he will send me a pair when they are done. I will happily try to see if the thinner washers will resolve the issue. I would like for anyone who says they have had no issues with their rear kits to chime in and provide pics so we can help kevin to design these bushings to work as they should.

Last edited by AMG55TECH; 06-07-2014 at 10:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.