Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
mbworld
Carbonio AMG55 & AMG63 PRICE DROP!

You spoke, we listened!

We at Carbonio would like to announce the new price of our Carbon Fiber Air Intake System, Engine Cover and accessories for the AMG 55 and AMG 63 Engine. All of our AMG intakes come with genuine K&N air filters.

AMG 63 Carbon Fiber Airbox & Engine Cover New Price: $1480.00 Old Price: $1950.00

AMG 55 Carbon Fiber Airbox New Price: $1250.00 Old Price: 1650.00

AMG 55 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover New Price: $350.00 Old Price: $450.00

AMG 55 Carbon Fiber Inlet Tubes New Price: $390.00 Old Price: $590.00

Please note that we offer free shipping in the US and Canada when you purchase from www.carboniodirect.com

AMG 55 Carbon Fiber Air Inlet Tubes

AMG 63 Carbon Fiber Air Intake & Engine Cover

AMG 55 Carbon Fiber Air Intake, Engine Cover & Air Inlet Tubes
Old 03-26-2014, 04:59 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
Oh Damn you...
I was in my garage last night thinking "I sure would like some CF intake tubes for the 55", and then I let my conscience kick in telling me it's just a cosmetic mod.

NOW I SEE THEM AND DAMNIT I WANT THEM...
Old 03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Yes!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Is there a INLET Tube in CF for the E63???????? I have asked this in several threads and never get an answer. I don't seem to see them anywhere, so I am thinking not, but Will there be in the future if not.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Is there a INLET Tube in CF for the E63???????? I have asked this in several threads and never get an answer. I don't seem to see them anywhere, so I am thinking not, but Will there be in the future if not.

Thanks
Unfortunately, we do not have an air inlet tube for the AMG 63.

If you're sitting on the fence I say say this... "pull the trigger and do it, you won't regret it".

If you have any questions about our products please feel free to ask.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
Those tubes do look nice
Old 03-27-2014, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
Can you make an air inlet to fit the different sized throttle body inlets. Many modified cars who would be buying this have the 82mm TB and a few of us have a 90mm. I'd love to have a quality inlet for my 90mm. It's my choke point right now.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Awesome. Do you have hoods?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by Le55
To answer some of the questions....

Originally Posted by Le55
Answer: Unfortunately, we do not make hoods/bonnets for MB cars.

Originally Posted by Denroll
Can you make an air inlet to fit the different sized throttle body inlets.
Answer: Our AMG 55 air Intake can be modified to fit a 82mm Throttle Body. Unfortunately, I am not sure if our intake will fit a 90mm throttle body.
Without a performance intake how can you be sure that is your weak point?

Lastly, we stock everything we sell. So if you place an order we typically can ship in 24-48 hours.

Keep the questions coming.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
Originally Posted by Carbonio
Your site doesn't say what needs to be done though. Is it just a different coupler is needed?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
I need a pair of the couplers for my tubes..
Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Besides looks, are there any real performance gains with these? I guess minimal.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by aghakauve
I need a pair of the couplers for my tubes..
We sell replacement flexible rubber couplers at www.carboniodirect.com

This is a direct link to the Flex Couplers http://www.carboniodirect.com/Flexib.../cpl-flx-3.htm
Old 03-28-2014, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
Without a performance intake how can you be sure that is your weak point?
Because it's about the only thing on my car that is still stock. I can test one of yours on a 90mm, if ya want
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by typhoon43
Your site doesn't say what needs to be done though. Is it just a different coupler is needed?
Fitting to an 82mm TB does not require a different coupler but rather requires the inlet opening of the airbox to be opened to accommodate the larger TB.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
2006 E55
I am still unsure whether this provides any performance gains - if anything, just to help with keeping the air as cool as possible before entering the motor.

I am 50/50 about the intake tubes. And it sounds like it's plug-n-play, except you have to purchase the couplers as well for it to work properly.

Do you have proof?

Please let us know what proof there is about performance gains (e.g. before/after dyno charts). I am strongly considering this product.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
I am still unsure whether this provides any performance gains - if anything, just to help with keeping the air as cool as possible before entering the motor.

I am 50/50 about the intake tubes. And it sounds like it's plug-n-play, except you have to purchase the couplers as well for it to work properly.

Do you have proof?

Please let us know what proof there is about performance gains (e.g. before/after dyno charts). I am strongly considering this product.
Actually by maintaining the inlet charge cool then by natural extension the engine makes more power. This is irrespective of the intercooler because the IC is not anywhere near 100% effective meaning that any temperature decrease in the system before the TB is carried all the way to the combustion chamber.

In addition the inlet tubes allow for MORE air to get into the airbox with less aerodynamic turbulence along the way. This effect increases with vehicle velocity which leads to a new problem: dyno testing.

A dyno is stationary and there is no way of replicating the increase of airflow over the front of the car as it accelerates. The answer is to do drag runs and measure the change in trap times. From there a HP number can be calculated and it was our findings that the gains equated to approx 6-10hp. Not the same as a 100 shot but a measurable gain.

Lastly all of our products are plug and play. I am not sure where you got the idea that you need to buy more parts as all of our kits give you everything you need to do the install including detailed installation instructions.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Carbonio;59

[QUOTE=Carbonio;5989208
Actually by maintaining the inlet charge cool then by natural extension the engine makes more power. This is irrespective of the intercooler because the IC is not anywhere near 100% effective meaning that any temperature decrease in the system before the TB is carried all the way to the combustion chamber.

In addition the inlet tubes allow for MORE air to get into the airbox with less aerodynamic turbulence along the way. This effect increases with vehicle velocity which leads to a new problem: dyno testing.

A dyno is stationary and there is no way of replicating the increase of airflow over the front of the car as it accelerates. The answer is to do drag runs and measure the change in trap times. From there a HP number can be calculated and it was our findings that the gains equated to approx 6-10hp. Not the same as a 100 shot but a measurable gain.

Lastly all of our products are plug and play. I am not sure where you got the idea that you need to buy more parts as all of our kits give you everything you need to do the install including detailed installation instructions.
Fine. If you don't want to provide dyno charts, then provide time slips that show the changes. I never buy a product without knowing real world gains. Also, how can you say dynos don't show gains? Every car I've owned either showed gains, some even negative.

Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? He's asking simple questions and proven numbers that you can't provide. Where does that leave the general public? To question your product and the claims.

The fact is, you need more parts. It's not just the intake tubes at your selling price, people need to buy couplers, too, to make it work on an otherwise stock car.

Am I wrong here?

Sorry, just sounds like a bunch of marketing BS. Those type of products are just for eye candy(maybe some more motor noise) and provide zero gains. I've owned all kinds of performance cars, both NA and FI, and intakes don't do JACK. I'll save my money.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:51 PM

'05 E55, '12 C63
Originally Posted by C32owner
Besides looks, are there any real performance gains with these? I guess minimal.

Minimal is being generous. Negligible is a better word. Anybody who says or thinks otherwise is either salesman or likes to blow money.

Save your hard earned $$$, folks.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
The fact is, you need more parts. It's not just the intake tubes at your selling price, people need to buy couplers, too, to make it work on an otherwise stock car.

Am I wrong here?
Yes you are wrong. A customer that purchases our inlet tubes receives all of the parts they require in the box to install them to their stock car. There is NO need to buy additional couplers or anything else.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Fine. If you don't want to provide dyno charts, then provide time slips that show the changes. I never buy a product without knowing real world gains. Also, how can you say dynos don't show gains? Every car I've owned either showed gains, some even negative.

Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? He's asking simple questions and proven numbers that you can't provide. Where does that leave the general public? To question your product and the claims.

Am I wrong here?

Sorry, just sounds like a bunch of marketing BS. Those type of products are just for eye candy(maybe some more motor noise) and provide zero gains. I've owned all kinds of performance cars, both NA and FI, and intakes don't do JACK. I'll save my money.
Why do you seem to be the one getting their panties in a bunch that the vendor replied with their findings, whether you believe it or not? I'm confused because Carbonio's reply didn't seem agitated at all.

As to your dyno question, Carbonio stated that proving the value of these with a dyno-pull is not possible. It's logical just as the value of adding Ram-Air to an F-Body can't be measured accurately with a stationary car.

*Disclaimer...I have no Carbonio products and I have no idea if they increase hp.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by HeissRod
Why do you seem to be the one getting their panties in a bunch that the vendor replied with their findings, whether you believe it or not? I'm confused because Carbonio's reply didn't seem agitated at all.

As to your dyno question, Carbonio stated that proving the value of these with a dyno-pull is not possible. It's logical just as the value of adding Ram-Air to an F-Body can't be measured accurately with a stationary car.

*Disclaimer...I have no Carbonio products and I have no idea if they increase hp.

Just so that there is absolutely no confusion... All of our products (including our AMG 55 Air Tubes) come with all the necessary hardware for installation, that includes; nuts, bolts, screws, hose clamps, couplers, etc.

I think some confusion arose when someone posted a question regarding flexible rubber couplers.
The answer is, we sell replacement parts for all of our products should you need them. Most replacement parts are listed at www.carboniodirect.com but if the part you're looking for isn't listed please contact us by phone or email and we can help.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (W210)
Just so that there is absolutely no confusion... All of our products (including our AMG 55 Air Tubes) come with all the necessary hardware for installation, that includes; nuts, bolts, screws, hose clamps, couplers, etc. I think some confusion arose when someone posted a question regarding flexible rubber couplers. The answer is, we sell replacement parts for all of our products should you need them. Most replacement parts are listed at www.carboniodirect.com but if the part you're looking for isn't listed please contact us by phone or email and we can help.
Will your "E55" inlet tubes fit the W210?

Last edited by M3RC3D3SE55AMG; 05-10-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
its a shame that intake was not made with some sort of composite plastic I wonder if that would keep the cost down. I think anything more than 400-500 bucks for a intake is just a joke.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
my buddy had the engine cover from you and it yellowed real quick... are these any different than your previous batches

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbonio AMG55 & AMG63 PRICE DROP!