W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my E63 last night, is it totaled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
Airbags didn't go off and it was definitely not my fault. The other driver is claiming I swerved in to his lane and hit him which completely absurd, hopefully it'll make sense just by looking at the damage. The only two arguments I have are, he swerves in to my lane and hits my drivers side rear causing me to lose control, if it were me hitting him I wouldn't have lost control and secondly my right rear wheels is also damaged from him hitting me and me hitting the curb, if I hit him the momentum would have been the other way and I dont hit the curb. Can you believe this idiot tells the cop that he had "just one drink" and the cop refuses to test him further? I really hope the insurance company sees the picture and finds him at fault. The left read wheel is pushed back at least 2 inches, would that likely be the axle?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 sports coupe
Do not wait for the insurance company. Get a lawyer ASAP. Specially if you think the guy was drunk driving. Most accident lawyers won't charge anything unless they win.

Also if pride auto can't fix your car try DC auto body works in Burbank. Pride sends the cars they can't fix to DC auto body.

I had an Audi R8 that got in to an accident took it to the pride they inspected it said "sorry we can't fix this it has to go DC"
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 PM

2014 E63s
So, the preliminary estimate from my insurance company came in at a little over $17k. As per Pride Auto Body rep, the final estimate will be higher, by how much remains to be seen. During my last conversation with the shop rep he said my insurance company is checking on values of the car to determine if its a total loss. My question is, if they end up totaling it does it make sense for me to buy it back AND what should I expect to get for it from the insurance co? Also, are they required to pay for recent repairs? i had quite a few things done within the last year.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Why are you dealing with YOUR insurance company if it wasn't your fault?
No offense but it seems like you are inexperienced with how all of this works. Get some professional legal advice before you are stuck with that car for the rest of your life.
The forum is really no place for advice regarding matters like this.
(Other than mine, of course)

Good luck man!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 386 Likes on 322 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Did the other guy get charged.

If so, make sure your insurance company knows EXACTLY what you are expecting and it is their job to go after the other guy for the cost above what they are willing to pay.

Don't start repairs until all is agreed.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:57 PM

05 E55/08 C6 Z06
Take it it Pride and just let them know that you are going to sell the car because of the damages...usually big body shops on nice cars they will get it totaled out them try to buy the salvage for them to fix it much cheaper and sell it..

Usually with your damages...the car will get totaled just because of the rear suspension damages...insurance comp. don't like to take risks of paying for the main estimate then come to find out on the supplement estimates that there could be a lot more damages getting close to their salvage value..

But then again it's Mercury I'm worried about because they are a pain to deal with and their adjusters have been trained to screw the customers over pretty much

Just fight for your rights and don't let them low ball you on the repairs!!!

Good luck!!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 PM

05 E55/08 C6 Z06
Originally Posted by vcci
Airbags didn't go off and it was definitely not my fault. The other driver is claiming I swerved in to his lane and hit him which completely absurd, hopefully it'll make sense just by looking at the damage. The only two arguments I have are, he swerves in to my lane and hits my drivers side rear causing me to lose control, if it were me hitting him I wouldn't have lost control and secondly my right rear wheels is also damaged from him hitting me and me hitting the curb, if I hit him the momentum would have been the other way and I dont hit the curb. Can you believe this idiot tells the cop that he had "just one drink" and the cop refuses to test him further? I really hope the insurance company sees the picture and finds him at fault. The left read wheel is pushed back at least 2 inches, would that likely be the axle?

WTF???

He told the cop he had a drink and the cop didnt want to do a test on him?

And he didn't go to jail??????
Old 04-05-2014, 02:59 PM

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Why are you dealing with YOUR insurance company if it wasn't your fault?
No offense but it seems like you are inexperienced with how all of this works. Get some professional legal advice before you are stuck with that car for the rest of your life.
The forum is really no place for advice regarding matters like this.
(Other than mine, of course)

I am not exactly a pro at this but I feel comfortable dealing with it, besides, my brother in law is a lawyer so he's guiding me through it. So far they haven't determined who's fault it is even though i know it was the other guys fault. He's saying i hit him which is completely impossible considering the facts.

Good luck man!!!
Originally Posted by N_Jay
Did the other guy get charged.

If so, make sure your insurance company knows EXACTLY what you are expecting and it is their job to go after the other guy for the cost above what they are willing to pay.

Don't start repairs until all is agreed.
I dont think it'll get repaired.

Originally Posted by V TO E55
Take it it Pride and just let them know that you are going to sell the car because of the damages...usually big body shops on nice cars they will get it totaled out them try to buy the salvage for them to fix it much cheaper and sell it..

Usually with your damages...the car will get totaled just because of the rear suspension damages...insurance comp. don't like to take risks of paying for the main estimate then come to find out on the supplement estimates that there could be a lot more damages getting close to their salvage value..

But then again it's Mercury I'm worried about because they are a pain to deal with and their adjusters have been trained to screw the customers over pretty much

Just fight for your rights and don't let them low ball you on the repairs!!!

It is at Pride. I got the feeling from the rep that it will be totaled and if it is i'd like to buy it back. Do i have the first right of refusal?

Good luck!!
Originally Posted by V TO E55
WTF???

He told the cop he had a drink and the cop didnt want to do a test on him?

And he didn't go to jail??????
Can you believe that crap? Both me a my friend asked for them to test him, her response was "he seems alright"... rookie cop.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 386 Likes on 322 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
I would have a stiff neck and a sore back, and the cop would have a whole lot of explaining as to why he did not test a driver involved in an injury accident.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 AM

05 E55/08 C6 Z06
Originally Posted by vcci
I dont think it'll get repaired.

Can you believe that crap? Both me a my friend asked for them to test him, her response was "he seems alright"... rookie cop.
I can't baleive the cop didn't do anything

If it was you they prolly would have tested..the a-holes always get the dumb cops!

And yes you have the first right to get the salvage back but make sure you ask them how much it is or better yet to give you two figures one with out buying the salvage and one with before they write the check out.