W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrysler differential for 05 e55 questions and more. New owner:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ford Gt supercar/ 05 e55 wagon
chrysler differential for 05 e55 questions and more. New owner:)

Hello everyone my name is Dan Schoneck. Im a huge ford guy and have a Ford Gt Supercar that makes 1500whp.. but im on a wagon kick and i decided to buy a 05 e55 wagon with 70 rounds on it and i wanna make it go fast and handle me..

I broke the trans in 3 days, one set of tires and less than 1000 miles lol so im doing one of those right now, i wanna do a rear diff and heard that the chrysler ones will work. Does anyone know which one will work? or should i just put a wavetrack in it???

Also anyone know how much spray one of these things can handle??

Looking at doing a weistec blower and e85 on the car. I probably will build a motor for it over the winter as id like to try and make 700-750 rwhp out of it.

Talked to Mike from Weistec for a while and i will probably be having him do me a tune for tcu and ecu this week along with a pulley. I put a trans in it today and will be adding an external cooler to it aswell.

Any help would be great and thanks guys!

also the car has a pump and heat exchanger upgrade already
Old 04-13-2014, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I have done a lot to my car what you are looking to do. PM me, and I can help set your sled up bro.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 983 Posts
This place is a joke.
Get video.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 GLS 63 AMG, '08 S65 AMG
I'm having my local wrench put in 215mm 3.06 gears out of a ~2006 300c SRT-8 into my car right now.. So far as I know the entire diff (pumpkin etc) out of the early SRT-8s won't bolt into our cars - just the gears which are the same diameter as our gears - but I don't know from experience. It's been a while since I did the research but I'm pretty sure later years of SRT-8s went to a Getrag diff with 225mm gears that aren't compatible with our cars, so watch what you shop for.

This will also require TCU parameters being altered. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Better think about a stand-alone if those are numbers you insist on reaching with this platform (unless you're talking about a 150-200 shot). Either way, you're talking about territory our tuners and ECU's have never been to.

...But I sure would love to see it happen!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Yes, only the ring and pinion fits, nothing else. They actually have the mb star emblem on them.

I could cut 1.65 60fts before the change, after the gear and 3k stall forget about it. The car leaves so hard I am having to go back to the drawing board to find a wheel tire combo that can keep up. It is violent out the hole

Yes, you will also need a tcu tune.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Better think about a stand-alone if those are numbers you insist on reaching with this platform (unless you're talking about a 150-200 shot). Either way, you're talking about territory our tuners and ECU's have never been to.

Agreed. I love the E55 but for those kind of power levels you'd be better served to start with a 2012 or 2013 E63 with the twin-turbo motor. You can find YouTube videos of a Weistec-prepped car that puts down the power you are talking about....

-G
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
full slick time
Old 04-14-2014, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by dans776
Hello everyone my name is Dan Schoneck. Im a huge ford guy and have a Ford Gt Supercar that makes 1500whp.. but im on a wagon kick and i decided to buy a 05 e55 wagon with 70 rounds on it and i wanna make it go fast and handle me..

I broke the trans in 3 days, one set of tires and less than 1000 miles lol so im doing one of those right now, i wanna do a rear diff and heard that the chrysler ones will work. Does anyone know which one will work? or should i just put a wavetrack in it???

Also anyone know how much spray one of these things can handle??

Looking at doing a weistec blower and e85 on the car. I probably will build a motor for it over the winter as id like to try and make 700-750 rwhp out of it.

Talked to Mike from Weistec for a while and i will probably be having him do me a tune for tcu and ecu this week along with a pulley. I put a trans in it today and will be adding an external cooler to it aswell.

Any help would be great and thanks guys!

also the car has a pump and heat exchanger upgrade already
Hey Dan congrats on the E55. Any chance you might make some carbon parts for these cars? As for what they can handle as far is nitrous goes I don't think anyone has found an actual limit but as you know tuning is everything. I've sprayed a 150 shot on the dyno and it was fine and there's a member that just went 10.39 or something with a 150 shot. I think you should take that F1x of the GT and figure out how to put it on the Benz. I'll be the first guy inline to buy it
Old 04-14-2014, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-modified.html
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I have done a lot to my car what you are looking to do. PM me, and I can help set your sled up bro.
Will do and thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Get video.
I have video of me whipping ****ties with 3 guys in it, pulling it to 175 and some launches lol 1 day and the first set of tires were gone
Old 04-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by chiromikey

Yea it has crossed my mind, Just gotta figure out how to make all the stock stuff still work.. Ive looked into tuning software as my buddy who tunes everything known to man and head tuner at Procharger would like a crack at it. but looks like it will cost me 30-40k for all the software stuff to tune these cars.

If we can find someone to work with us who has tuning software im sure that we can be of some assistance aswell with some of the issues that will arise. I have got a dynojet 248 at my shop and i tune my stand alone stuff on my ford gt supercar and other builds i have done..
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by GregMB
Agreed. I love the E55 but for those kind of power levels you'd be better served to start with a 2012 or 2013 E63 with the twin-turbo motor. You can find YouTube videos of a Weistec-prepped car that puts down the power you are talking about....

-G
Im not a turbo guy by anymeans. No offense to those who like them but they are not my cup of tea. I enjoy loud blower cars.. Plus i know how to make them make power.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Hey Dan congrats on the E55. Any chance you might make some carbon parts for these cars? As for what they can handle as far is nitrous goes I don't think anyone has found an actual limit but as you know tuning is everything. I've sprayed a 150 shot on the dyno and it was fine and there's a member that just went 10.39 or something with a 150 shot. I think you should take that F1x of the GT and figure out how to put it on the Benz. I'll be the first guy inline to buy it
Idk on the carbon parts yet or what the market holds for that stuff..Anything can be done tho. I bought this thing for a stress reliever and it will probably create more stress then relieve lol I have looked already at doing a procharger on mine. Only found one spot where it could possible fit and work, it wouldnt be and easy kit but is very doable.. Can you imagine a whining 1000whp mercedes that could go 8.90s lol I better stop
Old 04-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Also i'm going put a set of the American Racing Headers and x pipe on the car. Has anyone done them? The headers are 1 7/8 full length and 3'' x pipe. By far they look like the best option out there at a great price..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Idk on the carbon parts yet or what the market holds for that stuff..Anything can be done tho. I bought this thing for a stress reliever and it will probably create more stress then relieve lol I have looked already at doing a procharger on mine. Only found one spot where it could possible fit and work, it wouldnt be and easy kit but is very doable.. Can you imagine a whining 1000whp mercedes that could go 8.90s lol I better stop
If you really think it's doable let me know. I've got a Darton Sleeved block getting built now with billet rods and diamond pistons, ported heads and ARP studs and the whole nine yards. The plan was to throw everything the Weistec blower could push out at at then I got a 4.0l blower and wanted to put that blower on instead but the price to make that blower work just wasn't very logical. In the end I decided that we would build it to handle nitrous and a lot of it. That F1x would be nasty if someone could tune it.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Also i'm going put a set of the American Racing Headers and x pipe on the car. Has anyone done them? The headers are 1 7/8 full length and 3'' x pipe. By far they look like the best option out there at a great price..
They had a lot of problems with rubbing but they might of got that taken care of by now. I know a few members had to send the drivers side header back to be fixed.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 AM

If you really think it's doable let me know. I've got a Darton Sleeved block getting built now with billet rods and diamond pistons, ported heads and ARP studs and the whole nine yards. The plan was to throw everything the Weistec blower could push out at at then I got a 4.0l blower and wanted to put that blower on instead but the price to make that blower work just wasn't very logical. In the end I decided that we would build it to handle nitrous and a lot of it. That F1x would be nasty if someone could tune it.
I talked to Mike at Weistec about just buying his manifold and doing a whipple 4.0 or 4.2 liquid cooled kenne bell on it.. A person could make 1000rwhp with either of those blowers aswell. I could make 1500whp with a f1x on an all out built motor. the tire would be the limiting factor there. Mini tubs would be a must haha
Old 04-14-2014, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
That's why I bought the 4.0l whipple blower. I figured it wouldn't cost to much with getting the manifold but they said it would take a lot more work than that plus a 10 rib belt setup. I too bought this car as a stress reliever/family car after coming from the ford mod motors and a few LSx cars. So much for that plan
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 PM

That's why I bought the 4.0l whipple blower. I figured it wouldn't cost to much with getting the manifold but they said it would take a lot more work than that plus a 10 rib belt setup. I too bought this car as a stress reliever/family car after coming from the ford mod motors and a few LSx cars. So much for that plan
Do you have the lower intake yet from them?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:03 PM

Btw what did you do about the floating sleeves?? Does the darton sleeves go out wider like their mid kit does and touch the block?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Btw what did you do about the floating sleeves?? Does the darton sleeves go out wider like their mid kit does and touch the block?
No I didn't buy anything from Weistec yet because I was waiting so see what direction I wanted to go. The sleeves are the MID sleeves and pretty much look like they've done on the mod motors. That sleeve process went from 6-8 weeks and turned into over a year. I'm staying stock bore because even with the sleeves the max overbore they suggested was just 1mm over. We found out compression is actually 7.9:1 so the new motor will be about 9.5:1.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Congrats on the E55 If you do not plan on changing the gears in the diff just put a wavetrac in it. Both are M215 diffs but no point in trying to switch out the whole assembly. I did on my CLK55 with a custom rear cover and mounts but if you can just put an LSD in yours or swap out the gears. TCU tuning required when you do gears. One thing you will learn real fast is tuning is not your friend with these platforms. I'm about a year in on mine and still the tune is not fully optimized. Good luck on your build

Yes the Darton sleeves go out wider. I have a block at Darton right now ready for sleeves if you want to go down that path. I will most likely not be using it.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM

No I didn't buy anything from Weistec yet because I was waiting so see what direction I wanted to go. The sleeves are the MID sleeves and pretty much look like they've done on the mod motors. That sleeve process went from 6-8 weeks and turned into over a year. I'm staying stock bore because even with the sleeves the max overbore they suggested was just 1mm over. We found out compression is actually 7.9:1 so the new motor will be about 9.5:1.
my compression is 11.5 with 34lbs of boost on e85 on my Ford 5.4 motor in my supercar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: chrysler differential for 05 e55 questions and more. New owner:)