BIP TCU tune feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
Let me give you few facts here genius. My car had a e/c ecu tune on it when jerry wanted me to run the e/c tcu tune. From all the data he was sent if it was the ecu tune don't you think he would have seen it? Of course once the modded tcu tune was removed there were no more spikes of any kind but you can't grasp that can you? I didn't use a b/I tcu tune because it wasn't available. I sat at 12.0 for 2 yrs running e/c products set up the first Dynod day in Atlanta with close to 20 cars showing up. It wasn't until tony at b/I tuned my car that I broke into the 11's.

Again I have all the data needed to back up my assertions you don't have squat but someone hearsay which is a direct competitor to b/i.

Since your convinced they have hacked the tune show me the proof. Prove it if you can. Data not innunendo
Ok then there was something strange going on with your car. Most likely a hardware issue that was exaggerated when pushed to it limits. So you put a different TCU tune on and it worked just fine ? I am not talking about a stock tune being put back in.

Sometimes you can put two and two together and figure things out on your own. As far as proof if this did in fact happen I am quite certain EC could show proof they shipped a TCU to them and the date, if they were so inclined to do so. I would if I was them. Unfortunately all it does is create a firestorm and mud slinging usually. I'd be pissed enough to do it anyway. Same exact sh*t happens on every platform. People can and often take the easy road to make more money. If you had actually listened to any of my posts you would have heard that I never said they hacked it, I simply told the facts as I heard them. May be true may not be true. Personally I think it is or BIP would have cleared it right up. They are the ones that should back up their claims to having coded the TCU. Hell its not like it rocket science anyway. Have tuned many trans myself. All it would take is looking at a tuned file to have a really good idea what to do. At the very least use that as a baseline and go from there. Trans tuning is no where near as complicated as engine tuning. There really isnt much that to change. Maybe the Mercedes is far more complicated but I doubt it. That was the first thing I thought of when someone said the EC tune was "weird" but BIPs fixed everything. Well that and a new trans

Look, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about EC. Couldn't be any clearer. I am sure I'd be frustrated too in your shoes. Things aren't always so black and white though with cars. One would think you'd know that with all our vast knowledge of tuning hot rods Having tuned plenty of my own cars via HP Tuners I am fully aware how it is anything but simple or black and white. These canned tunes we are all still having to use is a joke. Unless you are close enough to one of these tuners to have them really fine tune your car you can never get a really great tune.

Oh and I find it very entertaining that you think you have all the data to back up your assertions, yet you blindly believe that guys EC TCU was to blame not the trashed transmission for being "weird". Man oh man, people really want to believe what they want to believe........

Last edited by dllhg; 05-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG on Ethanol-Meth; 600rwhp BMW M5
After reading and watching this thread, this is so much misinformation that dllhg is spewing out, it is mind boggling.

First off, what are not the type of business to steel other peoples tunes. Second, I will go on record and say that we outsource our TCU tunes, so how in the world would we steal another vendors TCU tune, if we dont have the software or hardware to do it. So now that little piece of information you keep spewing out can be put to bed.

All of our customers are aware that we outsource our tunes, because, I, Craig told them. We dont have the software to tune TCU's as of right now, and alot of our customers asked if we could start providing that service, so that is what we did. We went to a very well respected company by the community, formed a relationship, and agreed to start doing business together to provide a service.

I dont know what your issue is Dllhg, but I suggest your stop slandering our name, your facts are not facts. We take great care in our customer service and the business we run, if a customer has a issue with any product or tune we sell, we make 100% sure it is corrected swiftly, to the best of our ability.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 Wagon | C126 | S210
Originally Posted by dllhg
Oh and I find it very entertaining that you think you have all the data to back up your assertions, yet you blindly believe that guys EC TCU was to blame not the trashed transmission for being "weird". Man oh man, people really want to believe what they want to believe........
I thought you said you were leaving this thread. Please do. My last point on this, and you seem to conveniently leave it out, is that the PO Bart, who had this car for 4.5 years before I did, confirmed that the weird issue I had going on with the tranny was there the entire time he had the tune. Not quite sure how you keep missing and ignoring this. You are so full of misinformation that it boggles the mind.

Oh, and read the following, I quoted it for you so that you can't miss it:

Originally Posted by BI-Performance
After reading and watching this thread, this is so much misinformation that dllhg is spewing out, it is mind boggling.

First off, what are not the type of business to steel other peoples tunes. Second, I will go on record and say that we outsource our TCU tunes, so how in the world would we steal another vendors TCU tune, if we dont have the software or hardware to do it. So now that little piece of information you keep spewing out can be put to bed.

All of our customers are aware that we outsource our tunes, because, I, Craig told them. We dont have the software to tune TCU's as of right now, and alot of our customers asked if we could start providing that service, so that is what we did. We went to a very well respected company by the community, formed a relationship, and agreed to start doing business together to provide a service.

I dont know what your issue is Dllhg, but I suggest your stop slandering our name, your facts are not facts. We take great care in our customer service and the business we run, if a customer has a issue with any product or tune we sell, we make 100% sure it is corrected swiftly, to the best of our ability.
Now please go away. You've accomplished nothing in this thread except for perhaps more publicity for BIP and have honestly made yourself sound like an idiot.

Last edited by BimmerDawg; 05-07-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
In other news my EC ECU and BIP TCU tune combo is running awesome still! Dllhg I'm in the Bay Area too would love to meet up for some highway fun and check out your setup.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Ok, dllhg...time to just go away now.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 2005
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Ok, dllhg...time to just go away now.
+1

We have to help each other and write the facts.

Last edited by macko; 05-07-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
That was the first thing I thought of when someone said the EC tune was "weird" but BIPs fixed everything. Well that and a new trans

Originally Posted by BimmerDawg
I thought you said you were leaving this thread. Please do. My last point on this, and you seem to conveniently leave it out, is that the PO Bart, who had this car for 4.5 years before I did, confirmed that the weird issue I had going on with the tranny was there the entire time he had the tune. Not quite sure how you keep missing and ignoring this. You are so full of misinformation that it boggles the mind.
I thought I would add more to this since I was the P/O of BimmerDawgs wagon.

The transmission was not "trashed" if anything it was probably one of the more well taken care of trannys on this board. The tranny had at least 2 fluid changes (maybe even 3) while I owned it.

Also, the mods were minimal with only MBH headers, heat exchanger, tune, etc. all at stock boost levels.

The car did go down the ¼ mile a few times and run the ½ mile event twice, but it was all on street tires. The car was not "beat" on and mostly saw 20-22mpg commutes most of its life.

If ANYTHING caused the tranny failure, I would attribute it to mileage or the EC TCU tune. Since I don't see these cars dropping trannys at 115k miles on a regular basis, it does not leave too many other options right? Wait, maybe it was the multiple preventative services of the tranny with fresh fluid that did it in?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I cant say this response helps you look any better. Why not speak up sooner and put it to bed ? Look, I clearly said it is what I was told by someone else. I clearly said you guys seem like a great vendor and a cool bunch of guys. I NEVER said you guys stole anything. I never in any shape way or form slandered your company. I simply laid out the facts as I heard them. We have a right to do so on this forum. That is what these forums are for last I knew. I do find it very interesting that now you guys are saying you outsource them to a "well respected company by the community", But wont say who. So who is it ? I am just curious after all this BS honestly. You guys took a serious back seat to this who discussion and let it run wild. Would have been very easy to post you guys don't do your own tuning and let the community know who IS in fact tuning their TCUs . I would imagine it isn't Eurocharged.

I guess someone at EC told me this just so I wouldn't buy a TCU from you guys. If that is true, although I doubt it, shame on that person. I simply went to bat for them and look how that turned out now I am slandering them .... lots of thin skin around here.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FASN8N
I thought I would add more to this since I was the P/O of BimmerDawgs wagon.

The transmission was not "trashed" if anything it was probably one of the more well taken care of trannys on this board. The tranny had at least 2 fluid changes (maybe even 3) while I owned it.

Also, the mods were minimal with only MBH headers, heat exchanger, tune, etc. all at stock boost levels.

The car did go down the ¼ mile a few times and run the ½ mile event twice, but it was all on street tires. The car was not "beat" on and mostly saw 20-22mpg commutes most of its life.

If ANYTHING caused the tranny failure, I would attribute it to mileage or the EC TCU tune. Since I don't see these cars dropping trannys at 115k miles on a regular basis, it does not leave too many other options right? Wait, maybe it was the multiple preventative services of the tranny with fresh fluid that did it in?

Yeah I guess this part doesn't apply huh ? Please start making some sense.

Full disclosure: my conductor plate did take a crap and the car needed a full transmission rebuild so my initial thought was the strange "in and out of gear" thing was related, but as previously mentioned, the PO Bart (FASN8N) confirmed that it was normal.

Last edited by dllhg; 05-09-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...I simply laid out the facts as I heard them...
You laid out facts? You had second hand hearsay on a sketchy assumption. Please, for your own sake, just go away...
Old 05-14-2014, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
I cant say this response helps you look any better. Why not speak up sooner and put it to bed ? Look, I clearly said it is what I was told by someone else. I clearly said you guys seem like a great vendor and a cool bunch of guys. I NEVER said you guys stole anything. I never in any shape way or form slandered your company. I simply laid out the facts as I heard them. We have a right to do so on this forum. That is what these forums are for last I knew. I do find it very interesting that now you guys are saying you outsource them to a "well respected company by the community", But wont say who. So who is it ? I am just curious after all this BS honestly. You guys took a serious back seat to this who discussion and let it run wild. Would have been very easy to post you guys don't do your own tuning and let the community know who IS in fact tuning their TCUs . I would imagine it isn't Eurocharged.

I guess someone at EC told me this just so I wouldn't buy a TCU from you guys. If that is true, although I doubt it, shame on that person. I simply went to bat for them and look how that turned out now I am slandering them .... lots of thin skin around here.

You're really coming across as a douche. Just saying.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
So the TCU is tuned in India now.??!!. WOW, frickin' outsourcing

No offense to my Indian friends

If I was a guessing man, I would have to guess.. SD. I don't know who else is out there given the feedback on TCU tunes, so Ill just assume I am right.

Denroll, quit flapping your gums and start wrenching. All talk, No torque (converter) You are on suspension here until you are done. Hurry the F up. Geez

And Craig, nice job. Some good comments here mixed in with a lot of typical bullstih

I wonder how it would work with 529 hp
(2 more that stupid Denrolls car) <--- put that in your pipe Troll Out!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
Dearest Bromage,
I think you may have been inhaling too much wildfire smoke as it torched the nearby medicinal marijuana farm. I'm still 1500 miles away from my car. Oh, and 529? Are those your downhill dyno numbers?

Sincerely,
Dizzle