Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the new SRT Challenger with Hellcat Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Mom Krazy
Kinda going off subject here....but since Torretto is such the Mopar fan, I wonder will we see one the new Fast 7 movie( if you're a fan of the movies)???
Old 01-07-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: Cadillac CTS-V (V2), Chevy Cruze Past: E55k
Originally Posted by Thericker
Yup.. Another good comparo I saw few vids on youtube showing bone stock 2015 Z06 making 587+ rwhp on DynoJet, again adding the weight difference between Hellcat & latest Z06 @ 1000 odd lbs there's no way it should loose any race vs Hellcat weighing 4500 etc..
I agree with you. I think that German built 8 speed auto in the Hellcat made a significant difference in this race. Rumor has it that this transmission along with GM's automatic are said to be PDK quick. If the ZO6 was auto I think the race would've been a lot closer with the Hellcat edging it out. Whatever the case the Hellcat is the new American bad boy on the block. This car is sending car enthusiast into a frenzy similar to the way the terminator Mustang Cobra and E55k did back in the day. Dodge could've easily just one upped GM and Ford by tuning the engine to 670 horsepower, but they instead set a new bench mark by going all the way to an underrated 707 horsepower.

Last edited by Hotsoss; 01-07-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by SnoopSER
Kinda going off subject here....but since Torretto is such the Mopar fan, I wonder will we see one the new Fast 7 movie( if you're a fan of the movies)???
You know I was thinking the same thing! That would be hot and so appropriate. I would not be surprised to see this car in that movie. That by itself would generate an increase in sales and make the car iconic the way they did with the Supra in the original F&F. I also can't wait to see the car commercials for the Super Bowl!

Last edited by Hotsoss; 01-07-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:44 PM

Your Mom Krazy
Originally Posted by Hotsoss
I also can't wait to see the car commercials for the Super Bowl!
I didn't even think about Super Bowl commercials....Im sure Mopar will have something crazy for us, as the one's now with the "Dodge Brothers" are kinda cool as is.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by SnoopSER
I didn't even think about Super Bowl commercials....Im sure Mopar will have something crazy for us, as the one's now with the "Dodge Brothers" are kinda cool as is.
Yeah, that commercial is cool. I did not know that about Dodge. It kind of makes me think of the way Lamborghini started. I am almost certain GM will show one off one of their CTS-V commercials.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
So no way a car that weighs 1000 lbs less with only 50 hp deficiency should lose huh?

Guess you guys don't really understand racing and how "power" works.

Care to explain how a 2013 Viper that weighs 3354 and makes 640 hp/620 tq loses to a SLS that weighs 3710 and makes 622 hp/468 tq? No way a car that weighs less and makes more power will lose! Can't happen right? http://www.worldcarfans.com/11307055...k-series-video
Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
So no way a car that weighs 1000 lbs less with only 50 hp deficiency should lose huh?

Care to explain how a 2013 Viper that weighs 3354 and makes 640 hp/620 tq loses to a SLS that weighs 3710 and makes 622 hp/468 tq? No way a car that weighs less and makes more power will lose! Can't happen right? http://www.worldcarfans.com/11307055...k-series-video
I just acknowledged the fact that the ZF 8 speed auto transmission in the Dodge was the difference maker. I also think most everyone here understands how racing goes. A car with almost equal power and nearly 1000lbs less getting smoked is not the norm and I'm sure most enthusiast would've surely picked the ZO6 in this race if we did not already know the outcome.

Now dyno sheets have shown that the black series SLS M159 engine is making almost the same horsepower at the wheels as the 2013 Viper. The difference maker as with the Hellcat vs ZO6 was the transmission in the SLS. That quick shifting transmission more than made up for the torque disparity and was able to edge the Viper out in all acceleration test. Now if that Viper had a quick shifting auto like what’s in the Hellcat I the results would’ve been reversed with the Viper edging out the SLS.

Furthermore, the Hellcat loss to the same ZO6 at the drag strip (lower E.T and Trap), but beat it from a roll. The SLS beat the viper from a dig and a roll.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:59 AM

2004 E55
What a predictable asinine retort Your assumptions on my driving are laughable.. Apart from legal dragstrip racing... Just an occasional throttle stab to either merge on the freeway or to avert an idiot driver etc will & does put the Corvette into a violent tail wag or complete loss of control (It's a problem w/the TQ management & shift line pressure in the ECU/TCU & the % of TQ & line pressure it releases at any given time under myriad of throttle positions, the Vette will react as if you floored it instead of just kicking down 1 or 2 gears, happens in both Auto & Manual couple this to super lightweight chassis/body & maybe you'll start to get the picture) Definitely a dipsh_it short coming on my part

The Corvette desperately needs AWD period
Corvette forum heard what Thericker said. Acts accordingly...

Old 01-08-2015, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by boostiality
Corvette forum heard what Thericker said. Acts accordingly...

Just relaying what my past Corvette tuner & I thought the problems were & why everybody either barely escapes wrecking or flat putting it in the wall @ 1/8 th or actually T boning another car/guard-rail/tree on city streets/frwy etc I sold mine & so did handful of friends for these exact reasons.. Would I buy another 1 if they finally add AWD? Or and just fix the power delivery problems? YES...
Old 01-08-2015, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

I understand how gearing & different trans play HUGE roll in racing different cars, my thoughts on the Dodge vs new Corvette were brought down to weight & power as I was under the impression neither had DCT tranns
Old 01-08-2015, 02:06 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I understand how gearing & different trans play HUGE roll in racing different cars, my thoughts on the Dodge vs new Corvette were brought down to weight & power as I was under the impression neither had DCT tranns
Neither have DCT.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Neither have DCT.
So why are you comparing the SLS w/DCT & less power but more weight to Viper w/out DCT etc etc in your reasoning why we don't understand Racing & how power works? When the Dodge vs Corvette race neither have the DCT tranns edge I realize Dodge & Chevy use dif tranns/gearing but neither are using the super fast DCT so I gather your analogy has more depth to it, please edify me professor?

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:29 PM

2005 E55 AMG
So why are you comparing the SLS w/DCT & less power but more weight to Viper w/out DCT etc etc in your reasoning why we don't understand Racing & how power works? In the Dodge vs Corvette race when neither have the DCT tranns edge I realize Dodge & Chevy use dif tranns/gearing but neither are using the super fast DCT so I gather your analogy has more depth to it, please edify me professor?
Really? I need to explain? The comparison between the 2 is just that who should win "on paper" may not actually win in reality. There are more factors than power and weight. In the race and my comparison, the SLS was Yellow and the Challenger was black..Please don't think I am saying that has anything to do with it either...
Old 01-08-2015, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Really? I need to explain? The comparison between the 2 is just that who should win "on paper" may not actually win in reality. There are more factors than power and weight. In the race and my comparison, the SLS was Yellow and the Challenger was black..Please don't think I am saying that has anything to do with it either...
Whatever guy pull the stick outta ur ****.. My stating the blatantly obvious stats of 1000 lb dif in curb weight w/nearly same hp/tq doesn't mean ANYTHING can't/wont happen in a street race? Why are you taking that so literally? When I also note driver error etc etc can/will always effect such racing.. We've ALL seen the David vs Goliath type match-ups that never make sense on paper thnx for the edification big brain
Old 01-08-2015, 02:54 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Whatever guy pull the stick outta ur ****.. My stating the blatantly obvious stats of 1000 lb dif in curb weight w/nearly same hp/tq doesn't mean ANYTHING can't/wont happen in a street race? Why are you taking that so literally? When I also note driver error etc etc can/will always effect such racing.. We've ALL seen the David vs Goliath type match-ups that never make sense on paper thnx for the edification big brain
So if you agree with me, why are you arguing with me? I never pointed my statement to you. I only replied when you directly quoted me. Help me understand what you want.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
So if you agree with me, why are you arguing with me? I never pointed my statement to you. I only replied when you directly quoted me. Help me understand what you want.
Jeez the web has zero intonation & when you directly quoted me & added a little jibe & smashing idiot smiley I acted accordingly
Originally Posted by*TheOtherDodge*

So no way a car that weighs 1000 lbs less with only 50 hp deficiency should lose huh?*

All good man We just misunderstood each other..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Yup, all good. Nothing like a little internet ribbing!
Old 01-08-2015, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yup, all good. Nothing like a little internet ribbing!
Yup yup brutha
Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,105 Likes on 1,469 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Love the neon srt.... This car is gunna be awesome
Old 01-08-2015, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
I too noticed it wasn't the 2015, you miss my point in the fact ALL Vettes are death traps..
I would agree that this statement is a little overboard to say that ALL vettes are death traps. I daily drove a modded c5z06 for the better part of 6 years and I would say that they are not for inexperienced drivers for sure(which is probably the cause of so many YouTube videos, along with the power/price point) when I first bought the car I could totally agree that the car was pretty unstable for having the power that it does, but considering it's on leaf springs and the giant rubber A-arm bushings have an insane amount of deflection I wouldn't expect anything less. Get one set up with some coilovers and some poly bushings and you'll have yourself a insanely stable and predictable car through every aspect of driving.

It really just comes down to people being too reliant on the stock suspension set up. I've seen soooo many 650+HP vettes on stock leaf springs with lowering bolts it's ridiculous. That's like putting a set of ebay coilovers in our cars and complaining about how squirley the car gets when you try to put down 500hp. It still amazes me how GM put the cars out with such poor suspension from the factory...

Last edited by Enigma94; 01-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Note the tiny fan and CLOSED ENGINE BAY Def a strong car but no way is that Dyno set to reality on earth @ 700+ whp I bet the owner laminated the Dyno sheet copy in gold.. You can clearly see how these fluffy dynos get going & imagine trying to argue some sense to the owner of that Shi_tyKitty (not hating I luv these rigs just what I will call mine when I finally get 1)
Originally Posted by Hotsoss
I've seen this video before. The Hellcat is a monster, but with numbers this high this is cant be an industry standard dynojet. I've seen videos of hellcats putting down between 642 and 616 on the dynojet. I was also told that a Hellcat put down 562 on my shops Mustang Dyno last week.
Yup.. Another good comparo I saw few vids on youtube showing bone stock 2015 Z06 making 587+ rwhp on DynoJet, again adding the weight difference between Hellcat & latest Z06 @ 1000 odd lbs there's no way it should loose any race vs Hellcat weighing 4500 etc..
that dyno isnt a dyno jet but rather a dyno dynamics! i don't know that i buy the # but if it is legit thats a monster of a car!. I'm sure ill see it at bowling green in the spring
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Enigma94
Get one set up with some coilovers and some poly bushings and you'll have yourself a insanely stable and predictable car through every aspect of driving.

It still amazes me how GM put the cars out with such poor suspension from the factory...
Agreed especially with most vette owners being of the older variety, you would think GM would have dialed in the suspension a lot better from the factory though I've heard that the C7 is head and shoulders a much better car from the previous gens.

Here's a good video showing a base C6 being driven by a pro driver on a familiar road and it's interesting driving dynamics :
Old 01-08-2015, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Enigma94
I would agree that this statement is a little overboard to say that ALL vettes are death traps. I daily drove a modded c5z06 for the better part of 6 years and I would say that they are not for inexperienced drivers for sure(which is probably the cause of so many YouTube videos, along with the power/price point) when I first bought the car I could totally agree that the car was pretty unstable for having the power that it does, but considering it's on leaf springs and the giant rubber A-arm bushings have an insane amount of deflection I wouldn't expect anything less. Get one set up with some coilovers and some poly bushings and you'll have yourself a insanely stable and predictable car through every aspect of driving.

It really just comes down to people being too reliant on the stock suspension set up.I've seen soooo many 650+HP vettes on stock leaf springs with lowering bolts it's ridiculous. That's like putting a set of ebay coilovers in our cars and complaining about how squirley the car gets when you try to put down 500hp. It still amazes me how GM put the cars out with such poor suspension from the factory...
Inadvertently you've just backed up my statements that in stock or modded form (most guys always spend $$ on go fast parts, not suspension to correct inherent oem flaws) Corvettes get squirley as hell w/OEM suspension (in your opinion the flaw is in handling/OEM suspesion vs mine the TQ management & shift line pressure coupled to ultra light chassis/body)

You bring up a great point... I have ton of experience driving high hp/tq autos as did my friends who found same problems w/their Vettes & this shouldn't be an issue any way, as the general public doesn't have mass exp in properly driving high hp/tq autos, Chevy etc should know this buy now & make these cars user friendly for the novice as well.

Another part of problem is the modern BASE models are now more powerful than your old C5 Z06, even my previous BASE model C6 came w/same 400 hp you had in C5 Z06, now the base models up to 460 hp & 0-60 3.8 Imagine what you would've done driving your past C5 Z06 if it had 460 hp in STOCK trim? You noted when you 1st bought it, it was very unstable for even having the stock 400 hp etc..

They need to scrap the Transverse Leaf springs, ALL 7 generations use some form of Leaf Springs starting way back in 53' w/C2 fast fwd to C5, C6, & latest C7 using Front & rear: Independent unequal-length*double wishbones*with transverse fiberglass mono-leaf springs... (I forgot 1 more major problem & why a ton of these Vettes loose control so easily, add ALL the above to the incredibly rigid, no flex sidewall Run Flats standard w/BASE models = date w/disaster as far as loosing control due to little to no traction = violent tail wag under acceleration) So to make a Corvette somewhat civil you need aftermarket suspension setup & IF you didn't buy the Z06 model you absolutely have to buy a set of very expensive Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup tires... *

Now be honest.. You have to admit ANY of the Z06 models or EVEN the newer C6-C7 BASE models w/400-460 HP, let alone the latest 650 hp Z06 put in a NOVICES hands is a highly possible death trap.. Problem is like you already pointed out, the masses that own/crash these are novices..

Now put that same NOVICE in 670 HP 740 TQ SL65 Black Series & he can hammer the hell out of it (NO twisty racing, just straight line racing or hard accelertion) they wont put it into a wall or worse other cars etc.. The Black Series or any AMG model etc isn't just safer due to 4000lb on up curb weights, they are over engineered w/safety in mind in every aspect of the car including EXCELLENT stability control programs to reel the driver in NO MATTER level of experience as EVERY high HP/TQ model should be.. Same w/all perf models from BMW/AUDI etc etc.. You get what you pay for I guess..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Say what you will..I agree there is room for improvement in the C6 platform...I'd say start with the tires but regardless...I'll be keeping mine for a long time

Old 01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Nanook
Say what you will..I agree there is room for improvement in the C6 platform...I'd say start with the tires but regardless...I'll be keeping mine for a long time

Don't get me wrong, they're gorgeous sleds @ bargain pricing.. I've said it before your ZR1 is a knockout!! I just had a bunch of really close calls in my past C6 every bolton available besides FI including 3.90 gears on A4 made 430-440 @ wheels etc I added full OEM Z06 widebody panels too.. I would/will def buy another in future when they get AWD, I heard AWD was not too far off & inmop would make these monsters legit

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2015 at 11:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the new SRT Challenger with Hellcat Engine