Sponsored by:

BEWARE: BENZ(dont)WORKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
BEWARE: BENZ(dont)WORKS

This is a long read, but if you are thinking of shipping your car or taking it to Benzworks.. well, as the saying goes "an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure".

I picked up the EV12 from Benzworks about two days ago now, as I had it listed for sale I wanted it at my house for any local buyers that were interested.

For starters, it's important to note this isn't my first car I've had there and I have spent more then a couple pennies modding and such. I started with my 06 E55, which until I took to him had ZERO issues. I had Benzworks build it. He promised 550whp, delivered barely 500. FBO. Anyways, wasnt a big issue.. When I picked it up, I was driving home (it was raining then) and naturally I used the wipers. Imagine my surprise when nuts and bolts start clattering over my windshield. Yes, they left nuts and bolts resting on my windshield wipers. Not a second later I get a fuel cap message. Wtf? I pull over, open my fuel door and my cap is missing. I called him up and he offered no explanation other then to say he will get me another one. Never got to that because about a week later, the engine blew. I had it towed back to Benzworks. Serge went over how I needed a new engine, this, that and the third. Ok. Fine.

Now begins the infinite wait. Every week, another bs story. Yes its finished, waiting for the block to arrive. Next week, oh well we are still waiting for blue printing, next week oh theres only 2 people in the entire world that coat the block and they are busy etc. etc. I call this the "run around". It took months. Literally. In fact, it took sooooo long I ended up picking up the EV12. I had Serge throw me in a stock engine and promptly shipped the car to Jody, and upon arrival I'm told he discovered many issues with it which I had no idea even existed. This costed Jody. Thankfully he wasn't half the *** I am and made no big deal about it silently forking over thousands to fix the mess Benzworks left and I delivered. Maybe he will chime in to get into more detail, but my 06 didn't.. feel right. I chalked that up to it being stock again, slow, sluggish etc.

Hey, up to this point I made excuses for Benzworks *despite* the fact I had numerous people tell me they were shady and up to no good. Maybe it was because I also had another set of people saying Benzworks was legit (is it Benzworks or HMS? )

Ok lets get back on track, the EV12 is having some issues. Almost like what's being described in the TTV8 build threads. Serge has been everything but helpful in trying to sort it out. Instead of trying to help me fix it (as BIP is doing for example in re to their build), he kept the EV12 there-- showed it off to whoever ran by (I pulled up once or twice to a 1-car car show lol.. wtf quit showing it off and fix it a hole I dont pay for you to show off), drove it more then I'm sure was necessary (I left it with more then a half tank of race fuel, I pick it up on low fuel). And to add insult to injury, when we did talk I heard the same sentiments of the jealous b**ches yapping away here on mbworld: "It's a piece of ***** man, f these turbos, f this f that, Jody f'd you, Speedriven doesn't know what they are doing" and etc. While I surely understand the sensitive **** on the forum who don't like me, my attitude or insist I need a slice of "humble pie", it's quite different when you are forking over thousands of dollars and your tuner is telling you this. Also I happen to know this car has its fans. And they far outnumber the skirts on this forum; or at Benzworks. Jealousy is a true b1tch.

Serge claimed, the car NEVER ran. He said Jody sold me a car that not even he (Jody) had running right. EVER. And Serge tried to hammer that point in almost every time we talked. Let me say as the first one to drive it when it arrived, he just outright lied. It sure the hell did run. He also said its such a pos (LMFAO) his E55 would beat my EV12 (delusional little man maybe thats why he didnt want to really fix it). I lol'd. Everytime we talked, never anything good to say, just **** talking on my car, jody, speedriven etc. (that should have been a red flag he didnt give af) And frankly, he is almost solely responsible for me listing the car. He couldn't handle the project plain and simple and kicked and screamed at every turn that it was every bodys fault but his and that he was the hero trying to fix it. His fix? Get a new one we (Benzworks) will build it.... hmmmm.... and sure enough I listed it. For once I agree Marcus, there I was an idiot.

I may come off like an ***, or cocky, arrogant, etc. but I do trust people and am actually really nice. I stay loyal and am a good friend to those who help me and to those who are nice to me. And this is something Serge probably realized. He was very nice, friendly though at times pessimistic. I shrugged off the pessimism and figured I was just having bad luck with my builds, which he was responsible for (unless you ask him, then its everyones responsibility but his). And after all the excuses I made for him, and after standing up for him to my own friends and those who tried to tell me... I come to find out all it may really need is a head gasket. THIS Serge knew. And THIS he purposefully kept from me, insisting instead it needs head work which would cost north of 4k! At which point "just get a new engine" became the new solution as per Benzworks recommendations. This information is really what set me off. 2 faced fk looking me in my face, swearing your helping and all this, because the engine doesn't work, and speedriven is just a bunch of idiots.. really I just need new 100 dollar head gaskets an restud.. unreal. It's ok, karma is a b***h.

So what's the EV12 like you may wonder... well, I took it in with ONE issue. It was kicking into limp mode. All he needed to do was get the car to hold gear. Jeremy (who I have nothing bad to say about, yet. Though idk his full involvement tbh) apparently tuned it to hold gear. I should have picked it up. My total then was only 350 bucks for the tune. But before I could pick it up, I get a call "bro your ics blew, leaking water into the engine, fouled up the sparks plugs" etc. (I ALWAYS wanted to know if it was fixed holding gear why the fk was he driving it, it should just have sat there waiting for me I guess he couldnt pass up a test drive) But ok, fine. Suuuuree probably was just test driving the car seeing how the tune works I had him ship the parts to Speedriven where I got a new set made along with some other goodies from their end. Serge was suppose to install it all.

So let's recap. Car had ONE issue when I took it in. Now, the car has misfires in the upper rpm range. An issue I never had. An ISSUE BENZWORKS created. I know this 110% for a fact because before I took it in, I buried that speedometer on a nightly basis doing fwy runs easily reaching speeds that one would deem far too irresponsible. It ran. And it ran like an absolute beast. The pano also worked. I had all my buttons on the command screen. I am now missing buttons, pano is broken, map lights dont work, rear tire wells show signs of burning rubber ie melted rubber crusted inside fender (i religiously cleaned those before having bnzdontwork take the car), the floorboard by the passenger was left open and the plastic piece that usually goes there was on the rear seats, along with the ecu cover that should be in the engine bay, and the car even slightly pulls to the left. Aside from that, he also never installed any of the other parts from Speedriven. Those too were left nonchalantly on the rear seat. I also requested a new antennae along with a cf front lip. Never delivered or installed. In fact Serge's lazy *** just showed me the new antenna when picking up the E class and lamented how he didnt want to install it because it had to be wired. LOL. What a nightmare. I have since decided to not sell the EV12, instead I have a more competent shop checking it out and we will see where this goes. I have already contacted those I was seriously discussing the sale with and have informed them of the change. I do apologize for leading you guys on. But I do have the patience to change a head gasket

I have haters that dont like me. Thats fine. But this car ran and ran hard when I got it. Far from the pos you turds (you know who you are) and even you (I know eventually you'll read this) Serge claim it is. Either laziness, incompetence or worse some sort of scam business Serge has running over there. All I know, I have forked over well into the teens $$$ and from his end, I am empty handed and in fact, UP one problem on my E class. *****AFTER he had it for nearly a year.****

I'm sure some have had good experiences, but mine have been a nightmare. Ever since I took in my 06, I have kept quiet, giving chance after chance, but after picking up the EV12 with command buttons missing (like REALLY wtf did you do??? Smh...), pano not working, pulling to the left, random parts strewn about my interior, no parts I requested installed and STILL with an issue THEY created... I am at a loss for words at their lack of professionalism and honesty. In fact, I don't even know what I really paid for when I picked it up. All I have is his worthless words. I paid for... nothing really. I literally paid him to drive and fk my car. Much like the owner of that red SLS you were toying in when I pulled up two weeks ago probably. Poor guy I bet has no clue you were hauling *** in his baby having the police follow you in your shop

When I picked up the EV12 I told Serge he had some haters on here. Which he does, I have some pms to prove that I stood up for him. On this board even, giving props and sending him more customers. But after my recent experiences coupled with his attitude and comments regarding my car, lying about what the car needs, and the state he left it in... he will never see another dime from me. I thought he had my best interests in mind when in reality, as evident by his work not his words, he really just didn't care.

I might as well have sent my car to Urbanworm. He at least wouldn't have stolen my command buttons.

PS: as a previous full-time detailer with more tools and products in my garage then most detail shops, I take extremely good care of my paint. I will not even touch on the numerous scratches left on my 06 when I picked it up. I have yet to run through the EV12 but its filthy and I will not be surprised to find imperfections that did not exist prior to Benzworks. I fully corrected and protected the car before I took it in. So I will definitely notice any new dings/scratches.

And lastly ftr, this car is far from a pos. Like the TT builds currently undergoing treatment, this car just needs a competent shop and some proper diagnosis. It would break hearts. So if you guys hate me fine, but stop calling it a pos... unless every car that needs some work once in awhile is labeled a pos. Lot of pos builds around here if that were the case.

Anyways......what really pisses me off.. is I stood up for Benzworks. I stood up for and believed them.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
x

Last edited by boostiality; 05-29-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
2006 E55, Various other German and ‘Murican
I'm new here. Don't know about all the drama-llama crap that has happened before.

But I will ask this - if you are sending money to someone and nothing is happening with the car, wouldn't the money stop? Wouldn't there be a system and program of show/pay? I pay 1k for A, and I pay 2k for B. You do A and B and then you get 3k.

Where does this break down in these internet-based-car-enthusiast-posts-about-internet-marketed-tuner-screwing-up.

I mean - it happens in every mark, every forum, every city- you would think some people would be more wary.

From my own experience, save ONE mechanic I have met in 20 years, no one will do a better job than a prepared, researched, well-tooled OWNER.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by BC928
I'm new here. Don't know about all the drama-llama crap that has happened before.

But I will ask this - if you are sending money to someone and nothing is happening with the car, wouldn't the money stop? Wouldn't there be a system and program of show/pay? I pay 1k for A, and I pay 2k for B. You do A and B and then you get 3k.

Where does this break down in these internet-based-car-enthusiast-posts-about-internet-marketed-tuner-screwing-up.

I mean - it happens in every mark, every forum, every city- you would think some people would be more wary.

From my own experience, save ONE mechanic I have met in 20 years, no one will do a better job than a prepared, researched, well-tooled OWNER.
Since he claimed to not know what was wrong with the car, we could never talk about price. It was always, "needs what now? Ok, add it to my tab." Essentially. To be fair, I just thought he was an honest person and when he had it fixed he would let me know. I would have some total to pay, I pick up the car. End of story. Instead... just a bunch of running around. It was only with work slowing and a whistle blower, that I started really thinking about everything. And quickly found out I been getting screwed. Up until then, I had made excuse after excuse for them.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I've had 3 cars go through BenzWorks and many more on top of that, friends and relatives. FYI HMS isnt Serge, he had a garage through them, he was Hyevon motors. Payment and billing were seperate. But you wouldnt know that either.... I've spent a lot more than both of your builds... I refuse to believe this is completely an issue at BenzWorks. I followed your build on your E55 originally back when you were "Prada", I saw what Serge had in store for you and that build, you then "BLINDLY BOUGHT", the EV12. If you would have stayed the course with ONE build you may be singing a different tune right now (no pun intended). I'm very sorry that your blind purchase without PPI went so well. So well infact that you decided to slander a well known and trusted shop on the internet.

After reading your previous posts and banter with other members on this forum, how do you even expect anyone to believe anything here that comes out of your mouth?

If anyone doesnt believe me, just do a search on HPV12 and Prada and you will clearly see what I'm talking about.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:47 PM

Audi A4
Oh he sent his minion in here. **** of Johnnyblaze you dont know a dam thing other then what serge is forcefeeding you. And hey another lie unravels, he told me he was HMS.

Funny you sound just like him, "shouldnt have bought the car, stuck with yours" yeah ok.

Ps, i too saw what serge had in store for me. 588whp on a fully built stage 3 weistec e55 bfd. Not worth the wait plus all the running around.

Last edited by hpV12; 05-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:56 PM

CLS63S
Originally Posted by hpV12
Oh he sent his minion in here. **** of Johnnyblaze you dont know a dam thing other then what serge is forcefeeding you. And hey another lie unravels, he told me he was HMS.

Funny you sound just like him, "shouldnt have bought the car, stuck with yours" yeah ok.

I wont, "**** OF". I'm no ones minion. I went through a lot of research (unlike you) before modding and buying my cars. Serge isnt force feeding me anything. All I said is I refuse to believe that Benzworks acted with malicious intent about anything that happened to you.

I'm giving my opinion about your situation, told my experience with the business in question, and where you screwed up.

Its actually a good thing you decided not to go with a built motor in your E55, because Serge took your built motor that was originally suppose to go to your car, threw a Weistec 3.0 on it and made over 680 whp. He took it to Famoso and ran a 10.8, full weight, 91 pump....

I was looking forward to watching your car in action... sadly, however, you didn't take the time or the effort to understand the swap that was done originally. You also should understand that when you have a one-of-a-kind car, you are going to have one-of-a-kind problems.

Last edited by johnnyblaze; 05-29-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:04 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
I wont, "**** OF". I'm no ones minion. I went through a lot of research (unlike you) before modding and buying my cars. Serge isnt force feeding me anything. All I said is I refuse to believe that Benzworks acted with malicious intent about anything that happened to you.

I'm giving my opinion about your situation, told my experience with the business in question, and where you screwed up.

Its actually a good thing you decided not to go with a built motor in your E55, because Serge took your built motor that was originally suppose to go to your car, threw a Weistec 3.0 on it and made over 680 whp. He took it to Famoso and ran a 10.8, full weight, 91 pump....
Lol, you really add nothing to add this. I know of that E55 and could care less. In fact if I would have staid with my original build I'd be sorely disappointed with a 10.8 lol especially considering with the blower and all associated mods it run over 15/16k.

The place where I screwed up is I trusted Serge. Need I go take pics of how the EV12 was left? Do i REALLY need to show you pics of what my finger looks like running it inside the rear fenders? This was a joyride. But hey jb, you know it all just keep trying to distract from his shady business practices with my past posts and my history.

Wonder what the BBB would say if they knew he did underhanded deals to avoid paying taxes!!! I dont think Uncle Sam would like that very much.... reputable you say huh...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Why did the motor in the E55 blow up ?nuts and bolts on the windshield,gas cap = never go back ,
Old 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by cnterline
Why did the motor in the E55 blow up ?nuts and bolts on the windshield,gas cap = never go back ,
I always wondered. Idk why it blew up so I wont speculate. But I did the looped-rail and all that crap to avoid any blow up like that. And yeah... where did my gas cap go? Jb why dont you find out for me while your trying to make a game plan with Serge for a rebuttal. And why was my EV12 left like crap too, didnt even put it back together...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 PM

Audi A4
And dont worry, when I report to the BBB jB (no pun intended), I'm sure they wont care about my old username or all that other bs you try to bring up. They will just investigate. How much you wanna bet they're gonna find some less then honest business practices. Wanna bet??????? Try me. I havent reported yet but keep fkin calling a liar and trying to discredit me.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 PM

CLS63S
Lol, you really add nothing to add this. I know of that E55 and could care less. In fact if I would have staid with my original build I'd be sorely disappointed with a 10.8 lol especially considering with the blower and all associated mods it run over 15/16k.

The place where I screwed up is I trusted Serge. Need I go take pics of how the EV12 was left? Do i REALLY need to show you pics of what my finger looks like running it inside the rear fenders? This was a joyride. But hey jb, you know it all just keep trying to distract from his shady business practices with my past posts and my history.

Wonder what the BBB would say if they knew he did underhanded deals to avoid paying taxes!!! I dont think Uncle Sam would like that very much.... reputable you say huh...
I have nothing to add? You cant be serious. You act like your words are gold. Everyone on this forum has seen you act like a spoiled child with everything you brag about here and now they are suppose to hands down believe your story about a well respected well known shop? I beg to differ on that and everyone in this sub-forum would agree you are a complete toolbag.

The way in which the EV12 was left you say? Do people here know how long the car sat at the shop waiting on parts that you should have delivered? I had tuned and retuned my car and even added my second set of coilovers in the time you had the EV12 there.

If it is so "METICULOUSLY" maintained by you, why would it sit at a garage (that is not yours) waiting for parts? I would have brought it home, garaged it, and waited for the parts to arrive.

I'll explain to you how good business works.

Step 1- Contact the party in question
Step 2- Explain your concerns about how they handled your situation
Step 3- Explain that you are dissatisfied
Step 4- Defend your point with evidence
Step 5- Come to an agreement.
Step 6- Be happy.

It doesn't work like this ...

Step 1- Make wild accusations on the internet
Step 2- ?????
Step 3- Profit

You're really going to call someone out about taxes? I take it you are very clean and prestigious when it comes to filing a return? I believe that.

The BBB cant stop me, a non-affilate of BenzWorks, from calling you out on your stupidity.

Discredit you? I'm just poking holes in your judgement.

I'm done here.

Last edited by johnnyblaze; 05-29-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
I have nothing to add? You cant be serious. You act like your words are gold. Everyone on this forum has seen you act like a spoiled child with everything you brag about here and now they are suppose to hands down believe your story about a well respected well known shop? I beg to differ on that and everyone in this sub-forum would agree you are a complete toolbag.

The way in which the EV12 was left you say? Do people here know how long the car sat at the shop waiting on parts that you should have delivered? I had tuned and retuned my car and even added my second set of coilovers in the time you had the EV12 there.

If it is so "METICULOUSLY" maintained by you, why would it sit at a garage (that is not yours) waiting for parts? I would have brought it home, garaged it, and waited for the parts to arrive.

I'll explain to you how good business works.

Step 1- Contact the party in question
Step 2- Explain your concerns about how they handled your situation
Step 3- Explain that you are dissatisfied
Step 4- Defend your point with evidence
Step 5- Come to an agreement.
Step 6- Be happy.

It doesn't work like this ...

Step 1- Make wild accusations on the internet
Step 2- ?????
Step 3- Profit

You're really going to call someone out about taxes? I take it you are very clean and prestigious when it comes to filing a return? I believe that.
Again, you add nothing. I do not care about you, your build and your bs. Go make your own thread and get a set of knee pads and have at it.

I am not a liar. I'm the one who got screwed. Why would I make this up? I had buyers. I could have sold and forgot about it. But no, I came out with all the information as honest as I could've, and even turned away buyers. If I was lying and hiding something, why would I do that? So I can have your dumbass in here calling me a liar? I already knew this might not go well because Im not the most liked member here, but I didnt come out for fame or profit or whatever bs ulterior motive you think I have. I came out so others wouldnt get screwed like I was. And you can spin that however the hell you want "johnnyblaze"

Last edited by hpV12; 05-29-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM

Audi A4
And idiot, the BBB is not for you lol wow you are a full fledged retard. Please stick to your word now and be done.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Harry, Didn't know there was an issue till today. Give me a call when you can. (714) 845-3431
Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 PM

2005 E55 AMG
good looking out. wont be visiting this place. sounds like johnnyblaze has seen one too many brokeback mountain movies.

johnny, do you like the ***** with the condom on or off?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 PM

Audi A4
And matter of fact, lets add to that. Its not like I didn't express my frustration to Serge before in regards to this... and what does he say? "Bro i didnt build it idk im trying its a pos idk etc." He starts snapping at me how DARE i question him. Like I said jb, you really, really don't know everything.

So you tell me what to do with that. Yell at him over the phone while he still has my car so he can fk it up more? No, I take it out and then I come out to the boards. He has had many, many chances. What kind of a tuner talks like that to a client that has spent thousands and currently has a car in there?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:55 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by sergs99m3
Harry, Didn't know there was an issue till today. Give me a call when you can. (714) 845-3431
There is literally nothing you can do for me. My cars a pos and you didnt build it remember? Your words man.

Dont worry you have others standing up for you so it probably wont even effect you much. They will try to discredit me and I'm sure before you burn to the ground and rebrand a la HMS, you will rob a couple more people of some more money. But not one more of my dimes.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 PM

Audi A4
Heres another fun fact... will go to lend credence to their expertise When I first popped the hood at Benzwork they thought it was an NA V12. LOLOL another red flag I ignored... "Are you sure its a TT?" Lmfao.... oh how I wish I had these convos recorded.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by Flight55
good looking out. wont be visiting this place. sounds like johnnyblaze has seen one too many brokeback mountain movies.

johnny, do you like the ***** with the condom on or off?
Don't be a bandwagon jumper.

Just sit there and see what comes of it.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by HeissRod

He's a bandwagon jumper but JB is not. Ok.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
He's a bandwagon jumper but JB is not. Ok.
JB seems to know something, whatever it is, but the guy I quoted was just in here to call names. There is a difference.

With that said, I am not taking sides. Just watching.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:11 PM

2005 E55 AMG

how about you sit over there in texas with your wagon? perhaps stop being a balltickler?

no one likes an E55 owner thats straight as a circle. its not nice.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Audi A4
JB seems to know something, whatever it is, but the guy I quoted was just in here to call names. There is a difference.

With that said, I am not taking sides. Just watching.
No difference to me. I haven't lied about anything and in fact JB is insulting me with his bs. Wasnt his money. Not his car. Not his build. Period.

I'll reiterate... I did not lie about ONE thing I have posted. Not ONE.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:15 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by Flight55
how about you sit over there in texas with your wagon? perhaps stop being a balltickler?

no one likes an E55 owner thats straight as a circle. its not nice.
LOL lets stop the name calling and lets not turn this thread in a bunch of bs. I spoke on my experiences that is all. People can heed the warning or not, it's their money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEWARE: BENZ(dont)WORKS