Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Map sensor DIY install video coming tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Map sensor DIY install video coming tomorrow

So tomorrow I will be attacking the map sensor install in the pursuit of fixing my damn esp malfunction problem I've been having. Soo tommorow will be interesting as I don't know what the f#%k I'm doing So stay tuned . Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
W211 E55 2003
Looking forward to this!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55
1. you will need a swivel reverse torx socket and extension . I used a snap on one and worked great.
2. remove surge tank and air cleaner pass side
3. when going back together just use something sticky to hold bolt in socket head while reinstalling. i just use a piece of paper over bolt head and shove it in the socket.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Definitely try to find that tool. I went to two different places and couldn't find a Torx socket. If you can't find one, the closed end of a 1/4" box wrench will fit.

If you haven't noticed, it is in a terrible spot and there's so much crap in the way that you can barely get part of a hand in there. The transmission fluid dipstick tube is right there in the way. You can unbolt it by removing another inverted Torx bolt that's bigger than the ones on the MAP sensor. An 8mm closed-end box wrench will work; even better if it's a 12-point. You will then be able to move the tube just enough to **** you off as it will still be right in the way no matter where it is. To move it more, you need to remove the fuel rail.

Also, on the new sensor, I broke off the plastic shroud (I don't know what else to call it) from around the bolt holes prior to install as they do nothing but get in the way.

If you have a kid or a wife with tiny hands, you may want to enlist their help.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 985 Posts
This place is a joke.
Not sure but maybe an 8mm gear wrench will help
Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 PM

well that was easy lol

Old 06-19-2014, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Nice job.. It took Denroll 2 days and a lot of nasty txt messages.... LOL

I would cover my intake ports. You are obliviously comfortable working on your motor, but I popped a hole in a 383 (Mopar) once after some rudimentary maintenance that included pulling the intake manifold. An 1/8 bolt found its way in.. and it was a bolt I never saw before of after.

It must have got kicked up on the street, and bounced 100 yards into my intake, without me seeing or hearing it. I heard it when I started the engine.. Just a tip

Does any fuel shoot out when you release the rail from the injectors? I know it is under pressure, but I don't remember if that pressure remains when off. I guess I don't remember any when I did my rail. Nice video. You should post your tool build. That looks slick!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bramage
Nice job.. It took Denroll 2 days and a lot of nasty txt messages.... LOL

I would cover my intake ports. You are obliviously comfortable working on your motor, but I popped a hole in a 383 (Mopar) once after some rudimentary maintenance that included pulling the intake manifold. An 1/8 bolt found its way in.. and it was a bolt I never saw before of after.

It must have got kicked up on the street, and bounced 100 yards into my intake, without me seeing or hearing it. I heard it when I started the engine.. Just a tip

Does any fuel shoot out when you release the rail from the injectors? I know it is under pressure, but I don't remember if that pressure remains when off. I guess I don't remember any when I did my rail. Nice video. You should post your tool build. That looks slick!

I basically cut a 1/4 star socket in half and welded it to piece round stock. When I removed the fuel I got a tiny bit a fuel but it wasn't much it's only under pressure when the keys on. And as for stuffing rags in the intake I was going but I couldn't find any rags and I have one of those telescoping magnet tools which I used a few times that morning when I dropped one of the fuel rail bolts into the supercharger lol
Old 12-15-2017, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
Is this easier with the SC out? I have to take mine off anyway...
Old 12-15-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MACEDON
Is this easier with the SC out? I have to take mine off anyway...

personally its easy no matter what off the car on the car its easy and quick. But if its coming off anyway I would do it while off
Old 10-29-2019, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 cl55 amg...2011 audi a6
Esp problems

Originally Posted by pugads650
So tomorrow I will be attacking the map sensor install in the pursuit of fixing my damn esp malfunction problem I've been having. Soo tommorow will be interesting as I don't know what the f#%k I'm doing So stay tuned . Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
So I am very curious...did replacing the MAP sensor solve your ESP problem?
The following users liked this post:
E55chuck (10-30-2019)