77mm fsp video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Originally Posted by SICAMG
I would pay just for the whine itself!!!!!!! But anyway just figured it out! Pulled a twin screw from the shelf and turned it over. Very tight and "firm"rotors meshing together. Go out to my car ...spins free like there is no load. So when engine is at idle the rotors are bouncing off each other so to speak ....and there is your noise. The Mustang blower has very tight "teflon" coated tip rotors and is a tight clearance so no noise but a whine when running. Hope this helps because it answered my question about the rattle.
I dont see why it could not be adjusted at idle. May even have to have it almost closed as well. I have checked into this even more since my last post and it is 100 percent correct,. Cant the idle be turned up as well? 500 rpm always seemed a little to low for me.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
It can be done with Star. Just checked a Photo as i was changing my intake cooling fluid before winter.
77mm fsp video-20141226_200345.jpg
Its the actuator called "M16/7". "M16/6" is the throttle flap.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
I wish I had some one in CT to do this for me. Always wanted the idle kicked up a tad.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by Crissus
Denroll, did you experienced that "2000RPM issue" (timing retard when ECU thinks SC clutch kicks in), that the other guy was talking about in the above mentioned thread/topic?
Yes, I had mentioned it in another thread or two (there's so many threads now!). Whenever I was driving at grandma speeds, like pulling away from a stop sign, I would get this dip in power right after shifting. Jerry and I went back and forth with several different variants of the tune to get it taken care of. It wasn't easy because my data logs showed nothing out of the ordinary.

And thanks for that pic. Just to get this straight, the "Stellglied umluftklappe" is the bypass valve? I really wish I could have kept up with my German language. I lived there for 4 years as a young child and was learning it at school.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Denroll you just mentioned EXACTLY what I have suspected. The timing on the bypass valve opening and closing for shifts is mis-timed. I feel like it opens a little late and closes late as well. There is a slight surge right when shift is initiated, but then it falls on its face (AFR drops into the 11s) and then picks back up (AFR jumps back to 14s). The only thing I haven't logged with all this is boost.

If boost stays on at the start of shifts and drops during the rest of the shift and during the lag period, my hypothesis is correct. The bypass valve timing is off on shifts
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Originally Posted by Denroll
Yes, I had mentioned it in another thread or two (there's so many threads now!). Whenever I was driving at grandma speeds, like pulling away from a stop sign, I would get this dip in power right after shifting. Jerry and I went back and forth with several different variants of the tune to get it taken care of. It wasn't easy because my data logs showed nothing out of the ordinary.

And thanks for that pic. Just to get this straight, the "Stellglied umluftklappe" is the bypass valve? I really wish I could have kept up with my German language. I lived there for 4 years as a young child and was learning it at school.
Thats Interesting, i did not take notice in your reviews - my mind was focused on "hiccup mode" and "cold start issue" when reading reviews about the FSP tune.

Regarding the Picture. Yes "Stellglied Umluftklappe" is the bypass valve.
Hehe nice you learned german, but i can tell you "Stellglied Umluftklappe" are not some ordinary german words. They are rather complex. I bet 9.5 out of 10 german people would not know what that thing described by the term, actually is. "Stellglied" is "actuator" in english, which is strange beacause in germany we also say "Aktuator" to it, i guess "Stellglied" is the super formal german "Daimler speak" word for it hahahaha. And "Umluftklappe" is also strange to me. Directly translated it would mean something like "Recirculation-(Air-)Flap"

Originally Posted by kponti
Denroll you just mentioned EXACTLY what I have suspected. The timing on the bypass valve opening and closing for shifts is mis-timed. I feel like it opens a little late and closes late as well. There is a slight surge right when shift is initiated, but then it falls on its face (AFR drops into the 11s) and then picks back up (AFR jumps back to 14s). The only thing I haven't logged with all this is boost.

If boost stays on at the start of shifts and drops during the rest of the shift and during the lag period, my hypothesis is correct. The bypass valve timing is off on shifts
I thought its fixed as we can read in this topic: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ed-review.html
The OP mentioned that it was because of timing, not the flap? Or did i got that wrong.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
OP (trab8989) How is the tune holding up so far, any niggly issues you have come across?

BTW you made the MBWORLD newsletter

https://mbworld.org/articles/need-li...ow/?newsletter
Old 02-10-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55, buick grand national, f250
Originally Posted by menace2sobriety
OP (trab8989) How is the tune holding up so far, any niggly issues you have come across?

BTW you made the MBWORLD newsletter

https://mbworld.org/articles/need-li...ow/?newsletter
Dang i didnt even see that, thanks.

No real issues as of yet. I am having one weird thing thats going on but im not sure what the deal is. The car will pull like a train sometimes and sometimes i can feel a significant drop in power. Im monitoring the temps and they can be exactly the same when this happens so im fairly sure its not a heat soak problem. I was going to ask eurocharged what they though about this but havent yet. Other then that i have done some 3 hour drives in it without any problems.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Sounds good

Are you logging your timing and A/F ratios, are they in the norm when this happens, does it happen often
Old 02-10-2015, 08:05 PM

No i havent been watching those but i will start watching the timing now. I just started noticing it here recently, so im not sure how often its doing it. Seems like when i have somebody riding with me is when it does it
Old 02-10-2015, 10:13 PM

Ok i believe i got it figured out and im retarded. I swapped back to the stock intake system and the car has picked up a ****load of power, so im guessing the filters i used on my custom intake are way to small. My intake temps also have seemed to have dropped by almost 10 degree's...
I didnt really think about this as i did the intake and pulley and split cooling all at the same time.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
The stock intake box is well designed. Only area where room is left for improvement is the OEM Y pipe