Anyone from the Bay Area, NorCal that has done this? can you recommend a shop

- Sorry OP for using your thread
That's okay... Located in Sacramento, I'm using my garage :p
Old 03-12-2015, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 80 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 06 CLS63 AMG 14 E350 14 S550
Originally Posted by 210lvr
arnott front struts suck, the rear bags are cool but you lose the additional volume block and suffer a loss of performance when using the sport 1/2 modes. they definitely handicap the car vs the oem stuff if youre staying air, but what do you expect for the price, its a good medium for those who dont care or notice. regardless, for a daily commuter ill take the airmatic, i love on the fly adjustments for entering driveways or going over speed bumps that the city thought was cool to mirror mt everest.

oem fronts, arnott rear bags, oem shocks for me. id use oem rear bags too if i didnt have to lower the subframe. just not worth it for me.

With the rear airbags the additional chambers increase volume... Well if you increase volume with airbag suspension you decrease stiffness of the airspring. This is why when you replace the stock ones with arnott the ride gets slightly stiffer. And when you flick between the modes it probably makes less of a difference to the rear of the car with rear arnott airbags.

Im going to say it until im blue in the face but all the airmatic cars need is arnott replacements all round all leaks / potential leaks fixed and sway bar and castor mods. The handling is fine.

And imho to get a real quality coilover kit you are looking at way more money than an arnott replacement set.

Last edited by austingtir; 03-12-2015 at 02:02 AM.