Sponsored by:

Extended warranty for a 2005 E55 AMG: is it worth it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Originally Posted by ekalb
I'm not fully sure why, but the Delta reviews on this site seem almost too positive:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...o-protect.html

They seem too close together (date wise).
The wording all sounds very similar.
The lack of anything negative is odd.
Almost no typos or horrendous english makes me think its a very small number of people writing them all.

In my experience, people seem to spend way more time going to sites like this in an effort to leave a negative response than a positive one. I'm not sure what credentials you need to be a "verified" user, but I would guess its not much.

It just seems like way too many people took time out of their day to positively review an auto warranty company that was just started in September of 2014 (says BBB).

Maybe they are great. If they are, I would happily sign up. Something doesn't feel right though.

---I'd be wary of them... check out this negative review on consumeraffairs:

"charles of Orlando, FL

June 14, 2015Verified Reviewer
Factual basis uncertain

Be sure to read the fine print. Make sure you know what's covered. When I went to make a claim they said no the repair shop on 5 out of the 6 parts that needed repair. The repairs were up to about 1900 and they wanted to cover 207.00. So they will tell you parts are covered but they are meaning in the general sense. They will find a loophole not to cover it. They say engine and transmission and other big ticket items but if a small part of the big ticket items breaks down they will tell you that part is not covered. Don't buy. Run for hills and do your research beforehand."

So for me it all goes back to the "exlusionary" policies... if it's not one, I won't be a buyer. Here is the wording I'd be looking for...something like this:
PLATINUM COVERAGE PLAN

In addition to offering the same features of Powertrain, Silver, Gold, and Gold Plus, Platinum expands to cover almost all assemblies of your vehicle, giving you the “Ultimate Peace of Mind” protection.
Platinum Exclusions
UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE EXCLUDED:

Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components and assemblies, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/High Voltage batteries as listed under Silver Coverage Plan, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, or vinyl and convertible tops.

Last edited by tubaprde; 07-16-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan12
Very true, which is why I was so weary and initiated this post, but unfortunately MB does not offer anything for a 10 y/o vehicle.

I really appreciate all the feedback I got. Only time will tell if this cheap policy is a winner or a scam. I will post updates, if I have any.

Best,
--Jordan
Jordan--Did you see this (posted just two days ago)? "Direct Buy Auto Warranty was given an F Rating by the BBB, Sued by the NJ Attorney General and given a cease and desist order and advised they could no longer operate in NJ or sell to residents of NJ so they moved to PA and are operating under the name Delta Auto Protect. " -ouch!!!!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-...hilade-1241836

I'd get my money back if I were you.

Last edited by tubaprde; 07-16-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I had not seen this. Thanks for the info, I will be canceling my contract first thing tomorrow.

Oh well. It was too good to be true . I owe you one.

--Jordan
Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan12
I had not seen this. Thanks for the info, I will be canceling my contract first thing tomorrow.

Oh well. It was too good to be true . I owe you one.

--Jordan
No worries dude. We're all here to help each other!