Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Resolved] Customer Experience with Unleashedwheels.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 e55
1. I don't have a big brake "kit" I have factory OEM brakes, when you say kit you are make it seem like its to something you put on aftermarket ...this is not the case

2. You suggested a 10-15 mm spacer. I had to put a 20mm spacer, which was then not enough so I had to shave 2 mm off the wheel which still was not enough then I had to polish off the corners of my " big brake kit" as you call it in order to make it clear.

3. I did not insist on the purchase at all, I asked your salesman for advice and compared it to my research and your salesman implied that with a 10-15 mm spacer it would be no problem.

4. They still don't fit perfectly but I have no choice at this point.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by Ruben Aceves
My name is RUben, I am the owner of Unleashed Wheels. The refund request for customer ****-****** was denied, the product that the customer purchased was a special order and per our terms and conditions special orders are not refundable. Customer called in order to ask for advice on fitment, we explained to customer that the specs of the wheels are exactly what is recommended for his vehicle, he then stated that his vehicle had a big brake kit from factory and that is when we explained that when a car has a big brake kit wheels with a Lip Design as the ones he is attempting to purchase take away from the clearance of the calipers and it would be required for him to use spacers to clear. We advised the customer that he would need at least a 10mm to a 15mm spacer to clear the calipers but customer stated that after doing his own research he found that someone had the exact same wheels in his car and only needed a 6mm spacer. We explained to the customer that we cannot promise that it is the same wheel and we do not want to guarantee that a 6mm would clear. Customer then proceeded with his purchase. I have attached an audio recording of the conversation with the customer.

This is the Reply from BBB and the complaint was closed because the phone call that was recorded was also sent in with the dispute. We are an honest company, when we advise our customers that wheels will not fit and customer state that they did their own research and know they will fit we cannot be held accountable for that and unfortunately we came across this thread after the dispute was closed. We really ask that if these kind of responses will be posted please be fully honest on the thread. We cannot return wheels if a customer wanted to purchase them at his own risk even after we explained fitment. After the audio recording was sent we had no issues with CC company or BBB.
I have no dog in this fight, and it's fine to come on here and post your side. But "attaching" an audio conversation with a customer is pretty ****ed up.. Just cause of that I wouldn't buy **** from you. I'm sure you don't care but damn that's really unprofessional on your behalf.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Usually all companies record their conversations for this purpose so yeah.....

I think the wheel company meant that big brakes as in the AMG car. Not everyone would know if a car is an AMG or not. The car is the same chasis so that's how wheel companies calculate everything.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:09 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by djrabbi
Usually all companies record their conversations for this purpose so yeah.....

I think the wheel company meant that big brakes as in the AMG car. Not everyone would know if a car is an AMG or not. The car is the same chasis so that's how wheel companies calculate everything.
I understand the recorded message but posting it on here without his consent is another thing.

That's probably why the forum blanked it out........
Old 10-28-2015, 06:16 PM

AMG
On the recording you said you had big brakes from Factory, the right terms is BBK, im trying to use the right terminology in order to avoid any confusion.

You stated that you did your own research and that you knew someone that had the exact same wheels and only needed a 6mm spacers, i explained to you that there are a lot LM replicas out there and i cant guarantee that is the same wheel but you said you were sure they were the ESR wheels. Now shaving 2mm off the wheel raises the offset, so if you have ET30 now you have ET32, so if you needed 18mm spacer to clear now you would need 20mm to clear.

Now as far as the purchase you wanted us to confirm and assure you that a 6mm spacer would clear i said no, my suggestions is anywhere from a 10 to 15 spacer. Based on other BBK's from factory they usually clear with those spacers, you shaving the wheel required a bigger spacer since you raised the offset.

It is very clear now that you left out a lot of information to mislead people in this forum, you confirmed that yourself.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:18 PM

AMG
By the way the recording was not posted in this forum, i can agree that is very unprofessional, the recording was sent to the BBB and that is the reason why the name of the customer is also crossed off. i attached the complaint from the BBB not the recording and below i elaborated on what that was. the forum did not cut anything out that is exactly what was posted on our side, we would never post any recordings in public.

Last edited by Ruben Aceves; 10-28-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
I'm not sure either party will ever be happy about the situation. I would however fight with the BBB to clear your name.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 PM

AMG
Once we sent it the complaint was automatically closed because it contradicted exactly what the customer said but there are things that we cannot control. This is the only bad review we have ever had from a customer on the internet and we have thousands of customers. But, it is what it is we just need to focus on taking care of future customers, and as stated before no recordings were attached it was just a copy of what we sent to the BBB and we also completely blacked out his name to not make it public. I know i have caught my self reading reviews from forums before making a purchase and i guess this shows that they are not all accurate.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 e55
I had to shave off 2mm from the actual spokes .....
Old 12-11-2020, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Kia Sorento
Rim's that aren't created Equal!

Originally Posted by Ruben Aceves
My name is RUben, I am the owner of Unleashed Wheels. The refund request for customer ****-****** was denied, the product that the customer purchased was a special order and per our terms and conditions special orders are not refundable. Customer called in order to ask for advice on fitment, we explained to customer that the specs of the wheels are exactly what is recommended for his vehicle, he then stated that his vehicle had a big brake kit from factory and that is when we explained that when a car has a big brake kit wheels with a Lip Design as the ones he is attempting to purchase take away from the clearance of the calipers and it would be required for him to use spacers to clear. We advised the customer that he would need at least a 10mm to a 15mm spacer to clear the calipers but customer stated that after doing his own research he found that someone had the exact same wheels in his car and only needed a 6mm spacer. We explained to the customer that we cannot promise that it is the same wheel and we do not want to guarantee that a 6mm would clear. Customer then proceeded with his purchase. I have attached an audio recording of the conversation with the customer.

This is the Reply from BBB and the complaint was closed because the phone call that was recorded was also sent in with the dispute. We are an honest company, when we advise our customers that wheels will not fit and customer state that they did their own research and know they will fit we cannot be held accountable for that and unfortunately we came across this thread after the dispute was closed. We really ask that if these kind of responses will be posted please be fully honest on the thread. We cannot return wheels if a customer wanted to purchase them at his own risk even after we explained fitment. After the audio recording was sent we had no issues with CC company or BBB.
Hello,I was just thinking about buying from them and glad to hear at least they responded to the Customer Complain's!

Last edited by Dayeday4; 12-11-2020 at 12:42 AM.