Sponsored by:

Fabtech Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
That's a shame, he was really helpful and very responsive with inquiries. I wonder what happened.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls55
Thumbs down

AVOID FABTECH BY ALL MEANS. Unless u want to wait month after month while he responds by snotty emails telling u 3 more weeks. He should call the company 3 more weeks or so. My favorite is when he finally tells you hes waiting on it to pass customs. Sooooo.... yeah. I prefer my tank be built by an english speaking american that has some pride. My HE and my reservoir had fitment issues but in all honesty the quality was there, wasnt horrible. Welds looked decent and very minimal amount of some swirling in the tank finish but i wasnt to worried. no place for the oil cooler also so that sucks. Nice of him to leave that out of the description. Overall i will never order a stick of gum from this dude but boy id love to run into his smart mouth *** on the street. this should be a last option and be prepares to wait literally 3-6months. To me thats crazy at this day in age. I had a whole damn engine built for my hotrod and still hadnt received the tank. I mean how long does it take i mean really.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 & ML350 Bluetec
I have to admit, I posted the question when I was in the middle of an order with this shop. I got my order in three shipments spread out over something like three months and of course this cost me time and money by having to work on my car more than I should have. I wouldn't have minded it quite as much if the guy would have just given me a heads-up. I finally asked him what the deal was, did he not have the parts or was he a 1 person shop? He apologized and it still took weeks to get my pulleys in. Speaking of which, they came in after I had already done all my other mods and I ended-up selling the car, if anyone wants them. Brand new still wrapped, half price!

Thanks for everyone's replies. If I need anything for Beast II (E63 Biturbo Renntech), I'll be checking with the forum before I shop!!!!