Sponsored by:

Rear Drivers Air Sping replacing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 c63 AMG
Rear Drivers Air Sping replacing

Hi guys..... ive done the front, and posted the DIOY.. extremely easy.... what I cant fined, is a DIY for the rears.. I viewed the one on Arnotts site and I cant imagine following that process...they have us removing the exhaust and the entire rear end.... or is this actually the case??.. much obliged
Old 09-25-2015, 04:59 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
It is very easy on the rears, but not quite as easy as the fronts. Here is the DYI I used for reference: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ws-arnott.html It took me about 2 hours for 1 side (because jack up car, remove truck liner, and the first time). The other side took me less than an hour. Plan on about 3-4 hours total.

Basically just take the top bolt off the shock, bottom bolt off the shock and remove the shock. Remove the bolt holding the rear control arm and swing it out of the way. Cut the stock air hose from the spring (I left the rest of the component on the car since you can't see it anyway and is a pain to get off). Remove the bolt holding the lower air spring, disconnect the air line and wires, pop it down from the top guide pin and remove. Reverse to install.

No, you don't have to remove the exhaust, driveshaft, etc.

EDIT: I DO WANT TO STRESS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT LET THE CAR COMPLETELY OFF THE JACKSTANDS SO THE REAR TIRES SUPPORT THE WEIGHT OF THE CAR WITHOUT THE AIR SPRINGS AT LEAST PARTIALLY FILLED. With the motor on, lower the car a little bit at a time until you see the rear start to air up. I run the "raise car" feature while doing this to help with the inflation.

Last edited by TheOtherDodge; 09-25-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by fergsc32
Hi guys..... ive done the front, and posted the DIOY.. extremely easy.... what I cant fined, is a DIY for the rears.. I viewed the one on Arnotts site and I cant imagine following that process...they have us removing the exhaust and the entire rear end.... or is this actually the case??.. much obliged

The manual here describes the process without having to drop the rear end. This only applies to the new Arnott designed rears.

http://arnottmanuals.com/?part_number=A-2725

We are currently updating the video without the added steps.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I glanced over the above reference and that's it!