Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS550
Originally Posted by hachiroku
finally found a property diagram.

Attachment 370515Attachment 370516
Hi guys, new here, I have a 5508 code on a 2009 CLS550. whole thing started like this:
Airmatic Pump would not turn off even after the car had been sitting shut off for a good 10-15 min.
eventually the pump shut off but i could smell like something had burnt

I think the relay may have stuck but im not 100% sure on that yet (not an expensive replacement so ill buy a new one)

I got a new pump just in case the old one had fried since it wasnt turning back on after the incident

now new pump will not turn on

swapped the relay with a relay from another component and pressed the raise car button but pump still doesnt turn on, while the car was trying to lift i checked the 40AMP fuse in the engine compartment with a circuit tester and the 40amp fuse lit up the tester but only for a few seconds now its not lighting up anymore pump still didnt turn on

I uncovered the passenger side compartment to look at the prefuse and the only prefuse NOT lighting up the tester is #74

I cleared the codes on MB II scanner a few times and code comes back, even after i clear the code the pump never turns on. the car IMO is still holding its normal height hasnt dropped much at all maybe a very little if anything. Any other fuse I should be looking at to get current to the pump?

Oh yea and i tried to check the connection at the pump plug but its not lighting up, not sure if it was because i didnt press anything on the suspension settings

thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2020, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 R350, 2009 E550, 2015 GL450, 1981 HONDA CB750F SuperSport
if i'm not mistaken you should be able to rig up some airline and test the strut while in car while car is on a lift or on jack stands. i would recommend air-ing each side up individually and listen for air leaks. Soapy water in a spray bottle will be your best friend as well.

with the message on your dash you should continue to see the compressor pumping air. not sure if it times out after x attempts or time frame. you might just need to get a bottle of soapy water to isolate the issue.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/air-sus...isit-workshop/
Thanks for that link, one of the very best written blogs anywhere on any technical topic!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:46 PM

w221
5283 code s550 2007

Hello everyone, got a s550 2007 with 85000 miles on it, everything is ok, but the arrow up malfunction light comes on every ride after 5 minutes since start. Read codes at a shop it gave 5283 RECOVERY TIME DURING FILLING OF CENTRAL RESERVOIR IS TOO LONG. I read a lot about possible issues on this forum and incline to think that the issue is the pump, but before paying off 300 bucks for it wanna check if there could be a trick like pump brushes or smth else. I have already replaced the relay and pump filter, checked pump-valve-reservoir line with soapy water (it's OK), still the same, there are actually no symptoms as sagging. Also pump cuts in and the vehicle rises up as the button is pushed and it takes less than 10 sec for pump to cut out. If it's the pump has anyone tried to fix it with a repair kit?
Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
if you had a leak...you'd see another message logged.

you can rebuild the pump, but a replacement really doesn't cost much. not sure about the W221 but for the W211, pump replacement at home using a floor jack takes about 45 min to 1.5 hours if you take your sweet time. really easy job.

maybe check to see if your pump filter is clogged or needs replacement. thats pretty easy to do as well.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 05-19-2020, 03:19 PM

w221

you can rebuild the pump, but a replacement really doesn't cost much. not sure about the W221 but for the W211, pump replacement at home using a floor jack takes about 45 min to 1.5 hours if you take your sweet time. really easy job.

maybe check to see if your pump filter is clogged or needs replacement. thats pretty easy to do as well.
thank you, the filter is new. Definitely will change the pump myself, easy work.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:00 PM

w221

Hey Bud, what aftermarket brand did buy for your MB?
Old 05-26-2020, 10:14 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
I replaced with OEM Supplier Wabco. This was a couple of years back so not sure how much I paid.

edit:
paid 319 for an Arnott Wabco pump a few years back.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:18 PM

w221
I replaced with OEM Supplier Wabco. This was a couple of years back so not sure how much I paid.

edit:
paid 319 for an Arnott Wabco pump a few years back.
thank you much!
Old 12-30-2021, 09:13 PM

09 CLS550
i've not heard the compressor turn on like ever. lol

all fuses are good, relays are good, compressor is good.
40 Amp fuse in foot rest in passenger side floor for compressor