W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop drinking the cool-aid on top mount intercoolers.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
broom
Originally Posted by AMG_55_cruiser
Just thought I would revise an old thread to see if any on-going progress in TMIC’s.
From what I can gather my friend, this is part of a treasure trove of aged and forgotten threads from the old guard of E55 owners, many/most of whom it seems have moved on...I've found many gems like this perusing this forum...but most of them were last updated years ago...

If I am any indicator, there is a renewed interest in The Beast by a new generation of owners who see the value in the platform...owning a nearly 500hp luxury sedan for under $20k with lots of modification potential...however because of the age of the platform and "been there done that" a thousand times over by those faithful few who still own the car from its heyday, what's new and exciting to us is old hat to them...and so it "feels" like it's hard to garner very much genuine enthusiasm from the previous generation unfortunately.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 PM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by boosted305
From what I can gather my friend, this is part of a treasure trove of aged and forgotten threads from the old guard of E55 owners, many/most of whom it seems have moved on...I've found many gems like this perusing this forum...but most of them were last updated years ago...

If I am any indicator, there is a renewed interest in The Beast by a new generation of owners who see the value in the platform...owning a nearly 500hp luxury sedan for under $20k with lots of modification potential...however because of the age of the platform and "been there done that" a thousand times over by those faithful few who still own the car from its heyday, what's new and exciting to us is old hat to them...and so it "feels" like it's hard to garner very much genuine enthusiasm from the previous generation unfortunately.
x2

I think the best bet at the moment may be to see what EC concocted on the 9.7 second E55. They specified a custom intercooler with 1" lines. But they've been pretty silent on details unfortunately.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 CL55, 2003 SL55 and 2009 G55
Agree. Appreciate the responses