W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which brand of supercharger should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG

This is what it sounds like. What should I do? You guys are awesome.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:23 PM

W211 E55 AMG
This is what it sounds like! What should I do? Thanks for the video man, you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:27 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lost_wave770
Instead of spending a crap ton of money Why not give these people a call. I am planning on doing this in the very near future.

http://www.pse.us/Products/Mercedes-...-55-Series.htm

This is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot man, you guys are great.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
do search on the forum on how to fix the bearing or just bring the car to a proper ind shop and ask them to fix it.

it sure is cheaper then buying a new charger.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...g-install.html

something like this
Old 03-06-2016, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
Yea it's not that hard. A lot of info out there on it. It's something you may want to try yourself.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W220 S500L
Seeking more details re RBJ Weistec Blowing 55 engines

RBJ I have been seriously considering dropping a Weistec 3ltr o my S55, however your comments regarding blowing up has my attention, is this common or a known problem.

Besides meth can any other safeguards be done, what is the warranty position with Weistec if it blows up or if meth used .

Sorry for the amateur questions..

Thanks

Chris
Australia
Old 03-27-2016, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by cshore
RBJ I have been seriously considering dropping a Weistec 3ltr o my S55, however your comments regarding blowing up has my attention, is this common or a known problem.

Besides meth can any other safeguards be done, what is the warranty position with Weistec if it blows up or if meth used .

Sorry for the amateur questions..

Thanks

Chris
Australia
It's no secret, that I don't like Wiestec. But the simple fact is, that when their sc came out it blew a few motors.
I know this because the ones that blew told me. They also told me that they couldn't tell anyone OR they would not get any help from Wiestec. They couldn't post it or they wouldn't get help. So they had to keep quiet.
Personally, I think you could get an AK from them easier.

But it's no secret that the 55 heat issue is a problem. Stock or upgraded, you will need cooling. And meth seems to work the best, amongsts other common things.
I've spent a ton on cooling with the stock sc. From upgraded HE to trunk tanks to additional HE and meth. Even now, with the twin turbos, heat is still a problem.

You can make your own choice in this. I'm not trying to stop you, I just want you to be informed of what CAN happen. That's what this forum is for. I was the voice when certain people couldn't speak or wasn't allowed to. Because I simply don't give a ****. Lol. I belong to no one. I represent myself

If you do get the upgraded sc, just get it tuned by Eurocharged. At least they know what they are doing. They are good friends of mine. And you can sleep well knowing that they have your back. Unlike Wiestec.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W220 S500L
Thanks

RBJ,

Being only a newbie to the whole modding arena, I have developed a terrible addiction called HORSEPOWER ( just love it )

To date I have installed a kleemann sc on a NA 500 I'm no where satisfied with this and now hunting for best street kit.

I thankyou for your insights and look forward to sharing my journey with anyone interested.

It sounds like I need to have some serious thoughts about which way I should go, I have the budget for a sweet system I just need confidence on how and with who to proceed with.

Im wondering maybe if enigine is tested pre install then verified after install does that provide any further protection of warranty position.

From what I read It really comes down to if I'm going to chase 500whp with AMG or 600+wHP with the 3ltr.

I have such a bad addiction that I feel I will not decide with my brain but let crazy kid inside me go for broke (hehehe)....and that can not be healthy on my wallet.

The other dilemma is I have kleemann cams and I don't know or think I can use them on a Weistec tune and maintain warranty - I don't know how all tune vs equipment stuff works but my research says the by not attempting to use the cams would be silly as strong gains at the high end in the curve are guaranteed. So yeah that's were I'm at with everything.

Cheers mate ....talk soon
Old 03-27-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55, Granturismo, F430, 993, E39, Jag
Excellent info on this topic. Definitely go with the what folks here have advise and get it fixed by a reputable shop. Or just buy RedBull's.