Sponsored by:

MBH MOTORSPORTS IS A JOKE! Don't get scammed like everybody else

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
Originally Posted by HeissRod
You don't understand the purpose of a restock fee, then. It is more commonly used for items that are not normally stocked on shelves. If an item is not normally stocked, that usually means it doesn't have enough turnover interest to invest in stock. If a company either buys or produces that item, which is then returned, the company is then out the cost of the item and any fees associated with it (shipping, labor, taxes, etc...). Only if and when the item is sold again does the company make their money back, with if being a big part of that. In the meantime, that cost is a drag on the company's finances.

Disclaimer: I am not speaking directly about MBH's headers, but to restock fees in general.
Originally Posted by Ls1toAMG
You are correct. If it's not a normal stock item it will cost,them to carry and inventory or sell. It's not as simple as people think.
However, we are talking about MBH and their "restocking fee", as it pertains to the OP. This was MBH's response regarding maintaining stock...

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
We have tried to stock headers, but sell faster than we can realistically replace them. When we do get ones in stock I always offer them first to MBworld folks.

According to MBH, they have attempted to build stock, but were unable to strictly due to demand. Not space, not expense, just demand.

Seeing as how these "orphaned" headers are offered to MBW first, where is the "plea to buy" thread posted after the refund was complete (minus "restocking"). If there wasn't such a thread created, I can only assume the "demand" had already consumed them. Again arousing the question "why pocket a bogus restocking fee?".
The following users liked this post:
Brent Miller (02-24-2024)
Old 05-03-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
You have no idea the situation and no idea that the guy fell off the map for months and when he reappeared It was assumed by him that I was covering the international shipping, but we were not. Now he gave me a USA address and we ship for free inside the USA. The result.. his order has shipped.

Did you buy a set of headers from us? No. Than how would know our customer service is crap? You have no idea. If someone say something.. in your mind it must be true. As got greed, If you only new how little we make off our products you would know we are not greedy. Our stainless steel pricing have gone through the roof and I refused to do a price increase. In turn I make even less. Does that sound like greed?
The situation is I paid for three sets, even until today, I only have two sets in possession. Who falls the map? Who is not picking up at both phones? Who is not answering emails? Who is on the website reading but not responding to PM?

I no longer even need for headers, I ask for refund. Mike sends out headers, but only two sets? Refund the third set so that we can both move on!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:28 PM

12 c63
Glad to hear you got at least most of your order.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:09 PM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
I wasn't going to comment because as my mom said, if you have nothing good to say don't say it: so here it goes f it. I called anout a week ago and spoke to some guy named Mike (I think)at mbh. Intold him that I had an e55 and was doing kleeman headers on it. He said "I have no mid section for you kleemanns, none of our setups will work with them!. I told him I didn't care, I still wanted to buy th x pipe midsection he had and that I would modify it to make it work. He said "sorry I can't just sell you the midsection." I was like, alright. Thank you!! Bye!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:02 PM

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
When I am ready, I will buy my dp's from MBH. The price is reasonable, the terms are reasonable, and the product looks very well made. I happen to know how difficult it is to run a small business. Sadly, like most people, the detractors on this thread probably do not comprehend the risk and expense. It's easy to be an armchair expert and hurl criticism and insults with a few keystrokes. It takes guts, hard work, sacrifice, and lots of stress and long hours to start and grow a successful business.
The following 3 users liked this post by BerndV:
akmatic63 (05-05-2016), HeissRod (05-04-2016), Zod (05-04-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BerndV
When I am ready, I will buy my dp's from MBH. The price is reasonable, the terms are reasonable, and the product looks very well made. I happen to know how difficult it is to run a small business. Sadly, like most people, the detractors on this thread probably do not comprehend the risk and expense. It's easy to be an armchair expert and hurl criticism and insults with a few keystrokes. It takes guts, hard work, sacrifice, and lots of stress and long hours to start and grow a successful business.
Lol!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:32 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by W219CLS55
I wasn't going to comment because as my mom said, if you have nothing good to say don't say it: so here it goes f it. I called anout a week ago and spoke to some guy named Mike (I think)at mbh. Intold him that I had an e55 and was doing kleeman headers on it. He said "I have no mid section for you kleemanns, none of our setups will work with them!. I told him I didn't care, I still wanted to buy th x pipe midsection he had and that I would modify it to make it work. He said "sorry I can't just sell you the midsection." I was like, alright. Thank you!! Bye!
Awesome. Well done, Mike!

You want cheap headers? No soup for you!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by DVC
Awesome. Well done, Mike!

You want cheap headers? No soup for you!
ok, rich guy!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
Damn I love my MBH headers, and Mike was a pleasure to deal with when I bought mine years ago. I had an issue with the driver side and the steering linkage, he sent out a new drivers side within a week at no cost to me. Had them on the car ever since without a single issue. Seems you get what you pay for.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:10 PM

I love mike too.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:43 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by W219CLS55
ok, rich guy!
Rich at heart maybe!