Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott--New vs. Reman.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
If it is the remanufactured Arnott unit that I put in there that is leaking would both sides drop, or just the leaking strut? They drop equally. In comfort mode the height is 26.3 on both fronts. And it holds the height while I am at the work from 10-6. When checking in the morning I see that both sides are 25 inches above the ground. If one is leaking could that cause both sides to go down?
Old 09-30-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
CLS55
I am under the impression they each have their own line to the distributor valve block. Also, there is a component in the shock itself that holds the pressure in it. EG if you unplug the shock you cannot vent the air as its internal valve will be 'closed' and require an electronic signal to open. Arnot ship with some pressure in the shock so if it is 'flat' on delivery you know it is bad. I know this because when I went on holiday to Hawaii I had a bunch of parts delivered and when i got home to New Zealand the domestic flight caused me a mega ball ache getting it on the plane coz they didn't like it being 'pressurized'
The following users liked this post:
arnottdoug (10-03-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Arnott offers both remanufactured Original Equipment (O.E.) front struts AND Arnott Designed NEW front struts for the E-Class W211 with Airmatic® and with and without 4MATIC® including AMG and Wagons. Arnott remanufactured OE struts support the active damping functionality of the Mercedes strut but have an unknown number of miles on the internal shock while Arnott New struts have a brand new, zero mile, custom valved shock without active damping but they do adapt to the drivers style. It all comes down to budget and the age and miles on the vehicle which could be over 15 years old now.

Each remanufactured OE strut is steam cleaned, tumble blasted down to raw metal, repainted with corrosion resistant paint, the internal damper is recharged with new seals, cap, and high performance shock oil replacing the old worn oil and then they undergo computer testing of the damper (Dyno tested) and ADS Coil to assure proper functionality (you would be surprised how many don't pass these tests and are trashed). Then the rebuilt air spring assembly is attached which includes new, tier one manufacturer produced, polyurethane bump stop, heavy duty crimp rings, check valve and air line fitting along with a multi-ply ContiTech air bladder. Remans cost a bit less but require a refundable core deposit and are not sold outside of the US or Europe.
Arnott designed NEW struts feature a brand new shock damper which was custom made and tuned for the E-Class and has zero miles. The new damper provides an excellent ride for your 9-15+ year old vehicle. The new strut does not include the active damping which often wear out in older 10+ year old OE units but the Arnott strut still maintains your vehicle’s luxury Airmatic® load leveling capabilities.

Arnott-designed new struts are an excellent alternative for aging air suspension systems because they provide the luxury, comfort, and auto leveling of air springs but replace the older original active damping shock with a new, custom-valved shock designed to provide a great ride at a more affordable price. The top is machined in our CNC machine shop from aircraft quality American aluminum which is stronger than the pressed steel OE top. Arnott’s new struts feature thicker, name brand, multi-ply air bladders, nearly indestructible seals and a brand new, tighter fitting, bottom mount and top cap. We add the same heavy duty, multi-ply, ContiTech air bladder, crimping rings, and air line connectors as in the reman strut but replace the ADS coil with a device to turn off any dashboard air suspension warning lights. The Arnott designed new struts do not require a core deposit and you may be able to sell your old core back to Arnott for cash. Here is a list of current prices Arnott is paying for cores: https://www.arnottindustries.com/recycle-coresBoth the Arnott new and remanufactured OE units are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty in North America and Europe and come with a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee. Read more: https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspension

Here is a video about our remanufacturing process:
Old 10-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by arnottdoug
Arnott offers both remanufactured Original Equipment (O.E.) front struts AND Arnott Designed NEW front struts for the E-Class W211 with Airmatic® and with and without 4MATIC® including AMG and Wagons. Arnott remanufactured OE struts support the active damping functionality of the Mercedes strut but have an unknown number of miles on the internal shock while Arnott New struts have a brand new, zero mile, custom valved shock without active damping but they do adapt to the drivers style. It all comes down to budget and the age and miles on the vehicle which could be over 15 years old now.

Each remanufactured OE strut is steam cleaned, tumble blasted down to raw metal, repainted with corrosion resistant paint, the internal damper is recharged with new seals, cap, and high performance shock oil replacing the old worn oil and then they undergo computer testing of the damper (Dyno tested) and ADS Coil to assure proper functionality (you would be surprised how many don't pass these tests and are trashed). Then the rebuilt air spring assembly is attached which includes new, tier one manufacturer produced, polyurethane bump stop, heavy duty crimp rings, check valve and air line fitting along with a multi-ply ContiTech air bladder. Remans cost a bit less but require a refundable core deposit and are not sold outside of the US or Europe.
Arnott designed NEW struts feature a brand new shock damper which was custom made and tuned for the E-Class and has zero miles. The new damper provides an excellent ride for your 9-15+ year old vehicle. The new strut does not include the active damping which often wear out in older 10+ year old OE units but the Arnott strut still maintains your vehicle’s luxury Airmatic® load leveling capabilities.

Arnott-designed new struts are an excellent alternative for aging air suspension systems because they provide the luxury, comfort, and auto leveling of air springs but replace the older original active damping shock with a new, custom-valved shock designed to provide a great ride at a more affordable price. The top is machined in our CNC machine shop from aircraft quality American aluminum which is stronger than the pressed steel OE top. Arnott’s new struts feature thicker, name brand, multi-ply air bladders, nearly indestructible seals and a brand new, tighter fitting, bottom mount and top cap. We add the same heavy duty, multi-ply, ContiTech air bladder, crimping rings, and air line connectors as in the reman strut but replace the ADS coil with a device to turn off any dashboard air suspension warning lights. The Arnott designed new struts do not require a core deposit and you may be able to sell your old core back to Arnott for cash. Here is a list of current prices Arnott is paying for cores: https://www.arnottindustries.com/recycle-coresBoth the Arnott new and remanufactured OE units are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty in North America and Europe and come with a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee. Read more: https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspension

Here is a video about our remanufacturing process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPN9GdMbKE
I hoped that Arnott person jumped in and responded to my question but no, he just copied and pasted the same generic text instead that he has pasted million times
Old 10-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by lseguy
Thanks Doug. I can say the valving/setting on your new unit feels perfectly fine for my driving habits. So in the end, I'm fine.

I do have another question: what prevents Arnott from including adaptive control in the new Arnott units?
There is a lot of technology in the ADS system that is tied to the vehicle's sensors. While our engineers are interested in this technology - right now the cost would be prohibitive. We have run into (and tested) an off-shore manufacturer trying to do this (being resold though a US vendor) and the struts are fairly unstable and slow to respond.

Last edited by arnottdoug; 10-03-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by Rovel
Hi all,

Does anyone know if both front sides dropping about an inch overnight normal? The car has been sitting for 3 weeks and didn't drop more than an inch. Seems like regardless whether a day passed or 3 weeks it drops about an inch.
Both sides shouldn't drop if one side has a leak. Contact Arnott Tech Support - they have more experience with these exact struts.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/contacts

Last edited by arnottdoug; 10-03-2018 at 01:57 PM.