Sponsored by:

W211 /E55 AMG IF YOUR TRUNK WONT OPEN CLICK HERE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG, CL55 AMG, C32 AMG, e46 M3, Ducati 996, s197 Mustang
W211 /E55 AMG IF YOUR TRUNK WONT OPEN CLICK HERE

IF YOUR BATTERY ISNT DEAD, AND YOUR MANUEL (KEY IN THE KEY FOB) KEY TO GET IN THE TRUNK WORKS, THEN THIS ISNT FOR YOU!

IF YOURE BATTERY IS DEAD, AND YOUR METAL KEY IN KEY FOB DOESNT WORK, THEN THIS IS HOW YOU GET INTO THE TRUCK TO GET TO BATTERY

SKIP DOWN A BIT TO SEE HOW OR READ THIS TO COMPARE SITUATIONS.

STORY: So I went to the gas station to grab a couple RedBull's, on the way there I was testing out my SBC S settings in traffic and it worked well, but when I stopped at the gas station and shut my car off a big read message on my dash popped up "CAR IS IN PARK"... well of course it's in park, I just shut my car off! This caused my horn to sound and my car to start beeping like crazy! Only way I knew to fix it was to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. So that I did, with a pair of pliers I pulled the negative off and pressed it on as well as I could and started it up, PERFECTLY FINE! Proceeded to go get my liquid crack (RedBull) and once I went to start it, it didn't start it just clicked.. NO POWER!!! No biggie, I'll put my little key in the trunk and open it... 1 problem, the lock cylinder was broke!!

How to get into the trunk?
1.) Fold seats down
2.) Manuel key built into key fob for trunk

If none of these work this is what I did

So after an hour of figuring out how the hell I can get back to work, I had an idea! A small battery tender would on the alternator positive connection and ground the negative to the frame! And it worked. I got enough power to open my trunk, and fix my battery.

The alternator has a small plastic cap on it for protection so you can not see the connection at first. Wiggle the connection off, and put the positive on the connection, ground to frame and you're set! I assume you can probably hook to starter bolt also underneath the car and also would assume you can fry something electronically so I don't recommend this. Do this AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is to be used for emergencies only.

Hope this helps anyone who absolutely can not access their trunk because of lack of keys or power and seats don't fold down!

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W211 AMG forum...
The following users liked this post:
Max_AMG (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 483 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
You're lucky in that you had enough juice showing in your battery to allow the tender to turn on and raise the voltage to a workable level.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2004 AMG E55
There is also a main battery connection on the passenger side SAM module. Pull up carpet and there is a steel panel where your feet go. A couple 10mm bolts and it comes out and behind it on the floor is the module. You will see a large cable and you can connect there.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG, CL55 AMG, C32 AMG, e46 M3, Ducati 996, s197 Mustang
Originally Posted by seanol
There is also a main battery connection on the passenger side SAM module. Pull up carpet and there is a steel panel where your feet go. A couple 10mm bolts and it comes out and behind it on the floor is the module. You will see a large cable and you can connect there.
Yep! There is. With my lack of tools it was easiest for me to connect to ALT! But yeah people, round of applause for seanol with the good response