W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

For Sale Xtrons Android stereo for W211 benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2017 | 06:56 PM

E55 amg
For Sale Xtrons Android stereo for W211 benz $225.00 shipped

Hello, I am selling my Xtrons Android car Stereo that fits the W211 Mercedes platform.. I bought it around 4 months ago and im selling it because I just bought a Alpine w957HD.. the Xtrons stereo comes with a cambus module so the stereo will link with the dash.. also it has the Torque App on it so you can monitor ODB2/engine. has navigation like Google nav or tom tom nav. If you are using the stock mercedes amplifier you will need to buy a module thats around $90.00 for the stereo to work with the stock amplifier. .. price $225.00 shipped
here are some specs..
  • 64Bit Octa Core CPU Processor @1.5GHz; 2G RAM; 32G ROM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System
  • 7" HD Digital Multi Touch Screen
  • The Most Powerful Hardware in Industry Ever
  • Car Standard Radio Module NXP6686: Smoother and Faster Radio Signal Receiving
  • Power Amplifier Chip: TDA7388 High-fidelity and powerful audio effects
  • 1024*600 High Resolution
  • True 4K Video Enjoyment
  • Smart User Interface (UI)Design
  • Vibrant Button Color Schemes
  • Dual Channel CAN-bus(The Connection Between the Car and Head Unit)
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Full RCA Output
  • Dual Zone Function
  • Built-in Radio Tuner (RDS Enabled)
  • Region Free DVD Player
  • Wireless Screen Mirroring (Connecting and Sharing Without Boundry)
  • Diagnose Your Car Status (OBD2 Adapter Optional)
  • Supports DAB+ Digital Radio (USB DAB+ Adapter Optional)
  • Supports Tire Pressure Monitoring System Function (TPMS Optional)
  • Supports 4G & 3G Internet (4G Dongle and
    3G Dongle are Optional)
  • Supports External DVR (DVR015 Optional)
  • Supports External Keyboard (AMK003 Optional)
  • Supports External Microphone (Mic002 Optional)

Last edited by KillaAMG55; 10-26-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Lowered price.
Old 10-16-2017 | 08:53 PM

E55 amg
Lowered price to $250.00+ shipping
Old 10-16-2017 | 10:10 PM

2004 E55
Did you use it? What did you not like about it? Pm me if you want.
Old 10-16-2017 | 10:35 PM
Veteran: Air Force

2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
ive PMed you twice please get back to me
Old 10-17-2017 | 03:00 PM
Veteran: Air Force

2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
sale pending just awaiting call
Old 10-18-2017 | 08:38 PM

E55 amg
Stereo is still for sale. $250.00 shipped

Last edited by KillaAMG55; 10-19-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2017 | 10:50 AM

e46 m3, w211 e55
Originally Posted by KillaAMG55
Stereo is still for sale. $250.00 shipped

Why are you selling? Curious as I was potentially looking at getting one of these. How is boot up time, any lag?
Old 10-21-2017 | 12:16 PM

E55 amg
Hello. Im selling the stereo only because i got a killer deal on a Alpine W957HD stereo. Boot time is real good. Did not see any lag. Just remember if you are using the stock amp you will need a module...
Old 10-21-2017 | 03:09 PM

NA
I have this exact same head unit. It's very good for what it is, which is a relatively cheap replacement that looks stock once installed for the ancient NTG1 (or even NTG2.5). Physical fit is perfect. $250 is a very good price imho, assuming everything works as it should. I paid $100 more for mine.

The fiber optics adapter that Killa is talking about is only $99 from Amazon (search "XTRONS Optical Fiber Head Unit Replacement Decoder for Mercedes-Benz CL/CLS/E/S/SL/SLK"), and it makes the install nearly plug and play. You'll only have to splice into ground, constant power (yes, constant not switched), and two wires for the canbus. You'll also have to route a new antenna cable from the front of the car to the trunk.

Even on the stock firmware, scrolling and switching between apps is very, very fast. No real lag (it's an octa-core with 2 gigs RAM). Over on XDA Developers though, they have free ROMs that make the UX (user experience) even better. I'm still on the stock firmware though.

Other notes:

-- The unit's crashed on me once in my 1.2k miles of ownership, which entailed it freezing and refusing to respond to any input (including shutting down). Was easily fixed by shutting off the car and then restarting. I don't consider this an issue since even stock nav/infotainment systems freeze from time to time
-- The Xtrons fiber optics adapter is extremely cheaply made, but it works 95% of the time. 5% of the time, it doesn't seem to turn on or turn on fast enough when you start the car, so you get no sound. Again, easily fixed by turning off the car and restarting
-- Fade doesn't work with the fiber optics adapter, but you'll get sound out of all speakers
-- As a non-audiophile, I'd rate the sound from the fiber optics adapter/head unit as very good (at least as good as stock). Zero static, popping, etc. Max volume is a little on the low side, but I have no trouble hearing what's on with all of the windows down on the highway and volume at about 75%
-- When listening to the radio (FM/AM), the tuner will just cut out (literal silence) when reception gets poor instead of becoming staticky like on a typical radio. Just weird
-- Waze works perfectly, and it's my favorite app to use on this head unit. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot, and the head unit is able to access easily and automatically after first set-up
-- I've yet to get the Torque app on this head unit to pair with ANY OBD2 bluetooth adapter, including Xtrons' own OBD2 BT adapter (lol). Bluetooth works fine on the head unit for everything else though, just not for OBD2
-- Backup camera is added easily via video in on the head unit. Also just requires a splice to power and ground in the trunk for the actual cam, but turning it on is done automatically via canbus when you put the car in reverse. Also good or bad, the audio will cut out when you put the car in reverse and stays off until you shift out of reverse (I find it pretty annoying but there might be a setting in the head unit to change this)
-- Every time I start the car, the radio always automatically comes on, even if I had it off before shutting the car off (again, there might be a setting to change this). The unit does remember things like the last radio station I was listening to though
-- You'll no longer have access to your CD changer (button doesn't work, door doesn't flip up)
-- Be very careful with the SMA antenna and gps connectors on the back of the unit. They snap pretty easily if you overtorque the connections, and overtorquing requires a lot less effort even with only 2 fingers than you probably think
-- Finally, not a con of the Xtrons unit itself, but just in general the placement of the screen in our cars absolutely stinks for use while driving (including for nav, backing up, etc). You have to take your eyes off your surroundings which is dangerous, but it is what it is

Last edited by GM_Lover; 10-21-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2017 | 11:20 AM

E55 amg
Sold!